So who's washing their hair tonight?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 23, 2008 1:07 pm

Mind you the Mancs winning on penalties might stop them crawing about our penalty win in 05 but somehow I doubt it.

Yes, that's true.

Winning on penalties apparently doesn't count.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri May 23, 2008 3:37 pm

Dalglish wrote:Theres been a lot of vitriol throughout this thread and thats understandable given the finalists but I watched the game and thought it was a good game to watch. I had intended to switch to BB1 for the Apprentice at 9PM but deemed the game good enough to continue watching.

It was a classic game of 2 halves with Chelsea getting battered in the first half and the Mancs pummelled in the 2nd half.

Chelea hit more woodwork than Jewson's and really should have won it in normal time but it had the air of 99 when Bayern dominated the game only for the Mancs to snatch it at the death and didn't Clive revel in reminding us ! ??? He went on and on and on and on about it throughout the game and it detracted from the commentry. NO mention of Liverpool FC whatsoever until Anelka stepped up to take what would prove to be the decisive (or shouid that be indecisive) penalty ! 

Mind you the Mancs winning on penalties might stop them crawing about our penalty win in 05 but somehow I doubt it. For those who are familiar with the Manc Fans chants they will have heard their famous "We won it 2 times" song belted out with much glee which just about sums up their odious fanbase ??? 

I doubt UEFA will be in a rush to get back to Moscow with its dull and flat atmosphere. We all knew Chelsea wouldn't sell their allocation but I was surprised that the Mancs didn't either. Maybe all that success in recent years has gone to their heads after all.

Some observations from the game :

1. Evra's elbow on Cole was missed by the people that matter in these things.

2. Chelsea got very little in terms of decisions particaulrly from the assistants.

3. Giggs is playing on memory after a long and illustrious career.

4. Scholes's smack on the nose actually improved his appearance !

5. Ronaldo's high on quality but has no class whatsoever. With past players like Cantona and Beckham we gave them the bird because they were very good players but with Ronaldo it's because he's a :censored: !

6. The FA, SKY and UEFA are so far up Fergies backside they might just possibly be chewing the same gum ! :D

Walk on ...................

your observations are the best ive read in a long time ian

nice one
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tithead » Fri May 23, 2008 7:45 pm

Some people on here need to ask themselves whether they support Liverpool or just exist to hate Manchester United. The fact is, we have been the best team in the Premiership all season and the best in Europe. No point arguing because we can back this up with two trophies:)
tithead

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 23, 2008 7:49 pm

tithead wrote:Some people on here need to ask themselves whether they support Liverpool or just exist to hate Manchester United. The fact is, we have been the best team in the Premiership all season and the best in Europe. No point arguing because we can back this up with two trophies:)

Evidently we've been the best for longer than you then.

Cue the backtrack...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tithead » Fri May 23, 2008 7:56 pm

A long, long time ago, yes.
tithead

Postby LFC2007 » Fri May 23, 2008 8:02 pm

Some people need to ask themselves whether their existence on an arch rival's forum best exemplifies their support for their team, or an urge to wind up others.
LFC2007

Postby tithead » Fri May 23, 2008 8:25 pm

It's clearly an obsession.
tithead

Postby LFC2007 » Fri May 23, 2008 8:27 pm

Clearly.
LFC2007

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 23, 2008 9:03 pm

tithead wrote:A long, long time ago, yes.

2005 wasn't that long ago.

You're only European Champions for a year.

Given the fact that Man U have never been able to retain it.

Man U winning the Champions League doesn't bother me too much.

You've got three. Congratulations. You've surpassed the level of the great Nottingham Forest.

We have five.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Carlton Cole!!

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 23, 2008 9:15 pm

Poor old Cashley.

2006 = Champions League loser

2008 = Champions League loser.

Other than his immense fortune and hot wife he gets to pork every night, I bet he's miserable.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat May 24, 2008 1:02 am

tithead wrote:Some people on here need to ask themselves whether they support Liverpool or just exist to hate Manchester United.

Hi tithead, there are many united fans who could do with asking themselves the same question. From the sound of some of the songs sung frequently at united games I'd say you have your fair share of 1 eyed reds as well !  :O
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat May 24, 2008 1:04 am

tithead wrote:Some people on here need to ask themselves whether they support Liverpool or just exist to hate Manchester United.

Hi tithead, there are many united fans who could do with asking themselves the same question. From the sound of some of the songs sung frequently at united games I'd say you have your fair share of 1 eyed reds as well !  :O

No one is arguing that your team have been the best in the League this season, the League table doesn't lie and to go through  CL campaign without tasting defeat is quite an achievement.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat May 24, 2008 1:59 am

Dalglish wrote:

No one is arguing that your team have been the best in the League this season, the League table doesn't lie and to go through  CL campaign without tasting defeat is quite an achievement.

It always amazes me how these clubs cast an eye over how the mighty reds are feeling. My club can get our first champs league ever ! WOW am I excited, I know lets celebrate by hoisting a  "SCOUSER FREE ZONE" flag !

Or united supporters who rather than celebrate their achievements have their "fans", who remind us we have done the double !

Indeed you have, but what bothers you all the most, which is why an eye is cast constantly on LFC forums, is that you will all always be in our shadow, and always will.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat May 24, 2008 9:46 am

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion