So who's washing their hair tonight?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Thu May 22, 2008 4:08 am

I got a PM from a former member on here who has been banned and he was of the opinion that Liverpool supporters shouldn't waste time discussing man Utd and Chelsea. He has a point in all honesty but I guess like most on here I was Chelsea fan for the night. Aside form the first half hour they were desperately unlucky in my view, but thems the breaks and I won't be shedding any tears for Drogba getting a taste of his own medicane.

On a slightly side note, I note with interest that one or two are looking at who Man Utd beat on the way and coming to the conclusion that maybe they've had an easy ride of it. It kind of reminds me of when I was maintaining a few weeks back that Champions League progression these days is par for the course for the English teams and reaching the latter stages goes without saying these days.

One last thing and I don't suppose anybody would expect me to post on just about any subject these days without a mention of resting and the R word. It was very interesting to note that as both teams had been "rested" the previous weekend, far from bursting with freshness they were actually dropping like flies with the cramp. I didn't notice any discernable running out of gas from Chelsea in extra time either, despite the fact that they were playing a team which had been "styled". Mind you, much the same was the case when they played us as well.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu May 22, 2008 4:13 am

Someone should make up a chant for the next time Chelsea come to Anfield, and aim it at Terry. 

Now thats mind games.
SupitsJonF

Postby SundanceKid » Thu May 22, 2008 4:25 am

SupitsJonF wrote:Someone should make up a chant for the next time Chelsea come to Anfield, and aim it at Terry. 

Now thats mind games.

Why not just revise the Schevchenko one like I've done. Seems to work on him.

He missed from 12 yards
He missed from 12 yards
Captain Terry
He missed from 12 yards
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby SundanceKid » Thu May 22, 2008 4:31 am

Something else I found funny: A week prior to the match, Rooney went on about how Drogba isn't going to be a threat because he can't keep his cool, and loses his head too much. Funny thing is the whole match he had a frown, and ended his involvement by slapping Vidic in the face.
SundanceKid

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Thu May 22, 2008 5:23 am

SundanceKid wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:Someone should make up a chant for the next time Chelsea come to Anfield, and aim it at Terry. 

Now thats mind games.

Why not just revise the Schevchenko one like I've done. Seems to work on him.

He missed from 12 yards
He missed from 12 yards
Captain Terry
He missed from 12 yards

Ha ha,pretty funny.
How about "Where's your European Cups?" :D

Still,I'm thinking of emigrating to the South Pole,will that be far enough though? ???
Gracias King Rafa

Postby SundanceKid » Thu May 22, 2008 5:23 am

Haha after watching the highlights again. Watch Terry  pretend to wipe his nose after Drogba's red card. He comes up right behind Tevez and starts insulting him.
SundanceKid

Postby Number 9 » Thu May 22, 2008 5:47 am

SundanceKid wrote:Something else I found funny: A week prior to the match, Rooney went on about how Drogba isn't going to be a threat because he can't keep his cool, and loses his head too much. Funny thing is the whole match he had a frown, and ended his involvement by slapping Vidic in the face.

Where is your glory in that?

MANC FAN! :nod

Go and stand in the stretford end ya bast'ard!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu May 22, 2008 6:05 am

Number 9 wrote:
SundanceKid wrote:Something else I found funny: A week prior to the match, Rooney went on about how Drogba isn't going to be a threat because he can't keep his cool, and loses his head too much. Funny thing is the whole match he had a frown, and ended his involvement by slapping Vidic in the face.

Where is your glory in that?

MANC FAN! :nod

Go and stand in the stretford end ya bast'ard!

I think you've called it wrong about him being a Manc.

Anyway, f*ck this thread. F*ck that game. And f*ck the Mancs and Chelsea. Still in our shadow, the c*nts.

I'm calling for the mods to lock this thread, then burn it. It's going to be hard enough avoiding the masturbatory Manc W@nking media this week without having to come on here and see a whole thread about it burning a hole in my retina. Some will argue that I don't have to read it. True. But it's on the main page, isn't it? I know what it's about and I've already left one post too many about it. F*ck this.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu May 22, 2008 6:25 am

:D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu May 22, 2008 6:35 am

woah... how lucky can the mancs get? and what's with every single ref favouring them? it's unreal... I might sound bitter but it's the truth... the game against wigan, ferdinand pushed the ball away with his arm and no penalty...then they got a penalty at the other end. in this match, he tripped malouda in the box and no penalty...then there was this ludricous challenge in the box where a manc flew over a chelsea player's head karate kick style (forgot who they were)... I saw the linesman wave his flag for foul and somehow the ref played advantage? it's in the fekkin penalty box! then chelsea hit the post 2 times... and just when they were about the seal the win on penalties, captain john terry stepped up and...slipped and fell!... ffs... how lucky can they get and how :censored: up the refs are always favouring the mancs... abramovich forgot to make some payments it seems...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu May 22, 2008 8:42 am

I've managed to get to this time without knowing the score or who won, predictable that even Liverpool fans are discussing it - and in a thread so obviously intended not to be discussing it......................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu May 22, 2008 8:45 am

Real Madrid
9 (1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1966, 1998, 2000, 2002)

AC Milan
7  (1963, 1969, 1989, 1990, 1994, 2003, 2007)

Liverpool FC
5  (1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005)

FC Bayern München
4  (1974, 1975, 1976, 2001)

AFC Ajax
4  (1971, 1972, 1973, 1995)

Manchester United FC
3  (1968, 1999, 2008)

SL Benfica
2  (1961, 1962)

Juventus FC
2  (1985, 1996)

FC Barcelona
2  (1992, 2006)

FC Internazionale Milano
2  (1964, 1965)

Nottingham Forest FC
2  (1979, 1980)

FC Porto
2  (1987, 2004)
Last edited by Dundalk on Thu May 22, 2008 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu May 22, 2008 8:49 am

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 22, 2008 8:52 am

Thread moved from Liverpool general discussion.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:10 am

bigmick wrote:I got a PM from a former member on here who has been banned and he was of the opinion that Liverpool supporters shouldn't waste time discussing man Utd and Chelsea. He has a point in all honesty but I guess like most on here I was Chelsea fan for the night. Aside form the first half hour they were desperately unlucky in my view, but thems the breaks and I won't be shedding any tears for Drogba getting a taste of his own medicane.

On a slightly side note, I note with interest that one or two are looking at who Man Utd beat on the way and coming to the conclusion that maybe they've had an easy ride of it. It kind of reminds me of when I was maintaining a few weeks back that Champions League progression these days is par for the course for the English teams and reaching the latter stages goes without saying these days.

One last thing and I don't suppose anybody would expect me to post on just about any subject these days without a mention of resting and the R word. It was very interesting to note that as both teams had been "rested" the previous weekend, far from bursting with freshness they were actually dropping like flies with the cramp. I didn't notice any discernable running out of gas from Chelsea in extra time either, despite the fact that they were playing a team which had been "styled". Mind you, much the same was the case when they played us as well.

I think they did get a easy ride.

as to us lot talking about the game.....well at the end of the day we all love football.

I bet we will all be on here talking about euro 2008.............................Well i hope we all do lol I might not be able to cope on my own with no England in it .
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion