Second round - Who would you rather play?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Mikz » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:13 am

Its really hard to say. I thought at first that Germany would be the easier of the 2, but they would raise their game a lot more than Equador. England would rise to Germany too so..

I stick with Germany being easier. Be a real boost if they win and not so bad to lose to the hosts as opposed to equador.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:58 pm

laza wrote:While Ecuador have had a great tourney so far, i still think it would better for England to face them rather then Germans on their home turf.

I'd rather have Ecuador, this will be their first time they have reached the last 16, so they will lack experience and could crumble under the pressure. Don't forget they still have to face Germany yet, if they are able to hold off the Germans I will be more worried but until then I'd rather we faced Ecuador.

On the note of Sven resting key players? Why? I don't understand that, don't the cards get wiped clear after the group stages? If so, then wouldn't a yellow card in the Sweden match for Gerrard, Lampard or Crouch be wiped clean for the last 16? If that's the case then why is Sven resting Gerrard & Crouch?
48-1119859832

Postby GOAT » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:01 pm

0asis wrote:
laza wrote:While Ecuador have had a great tourney so far, i still think it would better for England to face them rather then Germans on their home turf.

I'd rather have Ecuador, this will be their first time they have reached the last 16, so they will lack experience and could crumble under the pressure. Don't forget they still have to face Germany yet, if they are able to hold off the Germans I will be more worried but until then I'd rather we faced Ecuador.

On the note of Sven resting key players? Why? I don't understand that, don't the cards get wiped clear after the group stages? If so, then wouldn't a yellow card in the Sweden match for Gerrard, Lampard or Crouch be wiped clean for the last 16? If that's the case then why is Sven resting Gerrard & Crouch?

Yeah they do get wiped clean but if a player was to get a 2nd yellow in this last group game then the 1 match suspension that follows would carry on into the knockout stage and the player would miss the game
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby GOAT » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:04 pm

I guess id prefer ecuador in the last 16, certainly wouldnt like to play germany if i could avoid it, ecuador have proved themselves so far in this world cup but they are still not that strong and would be more easy competition than germany for sure
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:12 pm

GOAT wrote:
0asis wrote:

Yeah they do get wiped clean but if a player was to get a 2nd yellow in this last group game then the 1 match suspension that follows would carry on into the knockout stage and the player would miss the game

Oh rite, I didn't realise that, in that case then it's best to play Lampard.  :p
48-1119859832

Postby 2520years » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:46 pm

2-0 for Germany, this is getting easier.  I'd rather play Ecuador!
:cool:
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby 2520years » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:48 pm

Or, if possible, the English cricket team - at cricket.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion