Player of the year - Award

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby the great one » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:08 am

its nearly that time player of the year awards alot of people will say rooney cus of his expolits in euro 2004 and the fact england had no threat once he hobbled off like a women and scoring as many goals as he scored for everton the whole season 12 goals in front of the national coaches. cristinao ronaldo did very well from start to finish without having a break played all through the summer someone i would love to have at liverpool to supply balls to the strikers if he was not in the portgual team portgual would not of got to the final ronaldinho if things had turned out diffrently man u would have ronnie and will be a major force for the uefa champions league but instead its barca who have built a team around him having spent 50 million in the summer.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:12 am

While its still too early, we must remember that:

1) When did Rooney perform at his best this year, grabbing front & back page headlines?

Euro 2004.

2) Who votes for "The Player Of the Year"?

National Team coaches. And Euro 2004 had plenty of them.

So, it looks like Rooney has a slight advantage in the voting polls.

baros and rooney both had good euro but the kid will proably win it cus of his hartick the other day against a secound rate team his still to do it in the premier league and if newcastle never made a big machester united wouldn't of put a bid in for him and nobody can forget about the season's gerrard and lampard had they where key player in there respective teams finishing in the top 4 more to come tommrow
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:03 am

Rooney wont win world player of the year.They"ll never let a Brit win that prize.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:04 am

Gerrard should be c contender, but won't be cos he didn't perform at Euro 2004, Henry is laso a strong contender.
Rooney won't win it, or shoudn't, he didn't light up the premiership.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:46 am

yep....Steven is more deserving than Rooney.He`s been more consistent than the fat lad.But i reckon theres a bias against british players in those awards.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:08 am

Stevie G is off the pace on this one but think Rona?  yer now the poncy one from the Mancs Portugese guy.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:20 am

who was the last england player to win it micheal owen ? david beckham ?   ???
Last edited by the great one on Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:20 pm

No english player has won world player of the year.A few have won european player though,Owen being the last.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:39 am

nobody deserves the award more than ronaldinho he has bein abouselty outstanding for barcelona they built a team around him just like houiller tryed to do with gerrard and owen. just like rafael beintzes who built his valencia side around vicente,aimar and ayla when they dnt play and perform valencia struggle as evdience on saturday night against real betis. its hard to build a team around one player as everton tryed with rooney to no evale  but ronaldino is a fantastic player one man united feel they let get away forget rooney when u have ronaldinho seaman knows alot about his freekicks 2-1 world cup 2002 quarte finals and barcelona did all they could to stop chelsea signing him in the summer and spent 50 million in the summer to strenthen the side and every since the signed him they have not looked back. and for me he deserves it nobody could disagree with me unless your an idiot :D
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dafur225 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:20 pm

I think Luis Garcia will be the player of the year...:;):
dafur225

Postby the great one » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:41 pm

dafur225 wrote:I think Luis Garcia will be the player of the year...:;):

u can't be serious  ???
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:44 pm

are we talking about world player of the year here? ???

if so, it'll be ronaldihno by a country mile, although expect henry and rooney to also possibly make the last three.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby the great one » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:47 pm

yeh player of the year i dunno wat that guy wos thinking ???  i agree ronaldinho deserves it i would say baros more than rooney
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:30 pm

garcia haha :laugh:

he may well be a good signing but he is no player of the year material!!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby the great one » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:15 pm

Dom1 wrote:garcia haha :laugh:

he may well be a good signing but he is no player of the year material!!

???
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion