Lineup for 2006 - England

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:23 am

The Return of the Judge wrote:john terry??

John Terry was rubbish at EURO 2004. He constantly struggles against pace and has to be bailed out by Gallas.

The only reason people kiss his ****** is becuase he is the "Britsh Bulldog", what a load of crock.

I agree that he is Premership class but not international class.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:27 am

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:Butt ? I see where your going here where you want to play 1 defensive centre midfielder and 1 attacking centre midfielder so England can get the best of Gerrard when attacking becuase right now, Gerrard has to pull back because Lampard does most of the attacking as we know if both Lampard and Gerrard go foward, there will be no one protecting the back 4 but clearly there are better options like Scott Parker say if you want to play 1 that moves foward up the pitch and 1 that protects the defenders?

Have you actually seen Parker play at his best. If you have then you will know that he is an updown midfielder in the same role as Gerrard.

If Lampard needs to be included then maybe.

Beckham Butt Lampard Gerrard

or

Beckham Lampard Butt Rooney

Gerrard

Owen

Basically how Liverpool played against Arsenal
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:32 am

the fact that sven seems insistent on playing 4-4-2 is working to our disadvantage. with an entirely fit squad all of our problems could be solved by reverting to a 3-5-2 formation.

i think sven already knows 9 of his starting 11 for the world cup. the only major dilemma's are who partners rio (campbell or terry?) and who plays left side of midfield.

playing a 3-5-2 would solve all these problems as you could play all three centre backs and you also then only need one left sided player (ashley cole).

looking back, our most successful recent england team in italia 90 played 3-5-2 as did hoddle's team in france 98. it's how we've had the most success.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:15 pm

stmichael wrote:i think sven already knows 9 of his starting 11 for the world cup. the only major dilemma's are who partners rio (campbell or terry?)

I am pretty sure that if Campbell and Ferdinand are fit and playing regularly for their clubs, then Terry will not be in the starting 11.

Campbell has proven that he can cut it at international level at several international tournaments. In my opinion Terry was poor at Euro 2004.

People go on about the Turkey game, but England gave a very good defensive performance, they defended deep and this suited Terry.

Terry may well turn out to be the long term successor to Campbell but on the moment he isn’t at Campbell’s level.
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:55 pm

Well done England 4-0 :cool: .
We do have some great players in our team I must admit, we have a good chance in the WC 2006 :;):
Rooney done something in that game I havent seen another player in the prem do all season the lads got talent, even tho I dislike him when he plays for the manc :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:35 pm

poland beat azerbaijan 8-0 :oh:

just imagine what we'll do to them on wednesday :;):  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:05 am

stmichael wrote:poland beat azerbaijan 8-0 :oh:

:laugh: Jerzy must have had a good game then :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:09 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
stmichael wrote:poland beat azerbaijan 8-0 :oh:

:D

just wait until azerbaijan play northern ireland. that will probably be the worst game of all time or the highest scoring game in history. :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:15 am

stmichael wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
stmichael wrote:poland beat azerbaijan 8-0

just imagine what we'll do to them on wednesday

:D

just wait until azerbaijan play northern ireland. that will probably be the worst game of all time or the highest scoring game in history. :laugh:

f@ck NI where sh#te big time :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:16 am

:(  We did ok first half considering the difference in class . Rooney was the real difference ,and Joe Cole was good too. But aye, we are sh*te but at least we admit it  :D
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:59 am

ArgentinaCRESPO wrote:........................german lux................................

j.zanetti........burdisso.......samuel............sorin

.......................mascherano........................

..........veron...........................aimar...........

tevez.............................................saviola

......................CRESPO............................

goon brain
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:34 pm

just heard that gerrard is doubtful for the england game on wednesday night with an ankle knock. good news for lfc i say. :cool:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:22 pm

stmichael wrote:just heard that gerrard is doubtful for the england game on wednesday night with an ankle knock. good news for lfc i say. :cool:

i reckon benitez has had a word with sven, with our squad looking like the cast from emergency ward 10 and azerbyjian (sp) not being the strongest opposition i think rafa will ask sven to cut him some slack.
ferguson has done it for years with giggs etc.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:49 pm

Looks as though Cole has played his way into the starting line up. This must be a kick in the teath for Downing, I thought he was a dead cert to play in 2006. The only thing he can do is look for a big money move in the summer to one of the Big Clubs, Im sure Man Utd, Arsenal and ourselves would be interested.
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:29 am

stmichael wrote:the fact that sven seems insistent on playing 4-4-2 is working to our disadvantage. with an entirely fit squad all of our problems could be solved by reverting to a 3-5-2 formation.

i think sven already knows 9 of his starting 11 for the world cup. the only major dilemma's are who partners rio (campbell or terry?) and who plays left side of midfield.

playing a 3-5-2 would solve all these problems as you could play all three centre backs and you also then only need one left sided player (ashley cole).

looking back, our most successful recent england team in italia 90 played 3-5-2 as did hoddle's team in france 98. it's how we've had the most success.

England were terrible under Glenn Hoddle. He was well on his way to getting the sack before he made those infamous appallling comments.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion