How common is corruption in football

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Storm » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:26 pm

How much corruption do people think there is in football. There just seems so many people who have been accussed and found guilty it seems its rife and it seems money maybe more important than the actual game on the park.

Almost like the game has become a convenient vehicle for others to scam money away which is after all the fans money of course.
Storm

Postby Redrider » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:58 pm

More common than you think, when you look at some of the transfers that take place. It didn't take long for Magnier to dish the dirt on the Manc' Ferguson and his phoney Son.
I sometimes wonder at what goes on in our club, some of the rubbish we have signed for big money and then dropped or loaned out. Jeez' we have made some bad buy's recently.  :blues:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Storm » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:35 pm

Of course if you were getting a bung for each transfer it may pay for you to move players on more often.

As for how rife you only have to go no further than Terry Venables, the late BC, George Graham and others.

If it costs £25 to get in the game then how much money is being scammed off so its not just the agents but it seems all those involved.

The FA and the Players Association are just turning a blind eye while the fans pay out big time.
Storm

Postby greenred » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:43 pm

According to Rick Parry, Brian Clough was certainly fond of the odd bung.Strange time to mention it though considering they`re burying the bloke tomorrow.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:05 pm

Often wonder how much Houllier made out of his transfer deals , I mean just look at what we got for the money spent . :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redrider » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:01 pm

greenred wrote:According to Rick Parry, Brian Clough was certainly fond of the odd bung.Strange time to mention it though considering they`re burying the bloke tomorrow.

Perhaps we should be burying Rick Parry. Metaphorically Speaking, of course.  :upside:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Storm » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:01 pm

My understanding is that the bung is all part of the culture and there is a footballers freemasonary that closes up when anyone challenges the establishment.

When George Graham got caught by Arsenal the dirctors where shocked by how much he had bung which I believe was a £200k some ten years back. If it had been less then they would have forgotten about it.

It seems rife in the English league and Europe after El Presidenti of Eueffa, Seb Blatter  (spellings?) has at least a couple of fraud cases hanging over him.

The Blair government wanted to introduce regulations and controls because of the extent of the corruption but didn't want the fight with the FA and clubs.

You also have Harry Rednapp saying in his autobiography that you have to take what you can while you can so we can add him to the list.

The problem seems to be that its almost been accepted and the stakes have got higher with Sky but at the end of the day its the fans that pay for it all.

It sickens me to think that the "beautiful game" is being ruined by managers etc to line their own pockets.
Storm

Postby Redrider » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:27 pm

Wow, somehow it is hard to think that Houllier was on the take. Rick Parry looks a bit of a shady cove though.
Maybe, the Managers are now being cut out of the deals by these Executive types who now taking the slice. This is perhaps why we have these unexplained mid season resignations from some traditional Managers when they realise they are being by-passed in the bung game.
Perhaps also this is why Kenyon left the Manc's because Fergie wouldn't let adopt this role and let him in on the Manc bungs ?   ???
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:32 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Often wonder how much Houllier made out of his transfer deals , I mean just look at what we got for the money spent . :(

don't even go there :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Storm » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:56 pm

Redrider

Seems its the accepted practice to take bungs and wasn't there a recent case with Fergie's son who act as agents.

Perhaps Sven is going to Real just to get a wadge of bungs which will make him more than a salary.

My view is that all managers are on the take until proven otherwise, but not sure how they do that!

Just makes yer wonder about Houlier, I wonder if it was in Euros but they dont take them in the club bar!
Storm

Postby 80-1095971784 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:01 pm

well there must be lots of it happening behind the scnes even now, it cant be too hard to keep it quiet, it is more common than arsenal winning!
80-1095971784

Postby supersub » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:16 pm

another dom impersonation..paul ******
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Dom1 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:29 am

stop calling me a gobsh*te SS, i will get u done for verbal abuse or something :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:25 am

woof woof ! wrote:Often wonder how much Houllier made out of his transfer deals , I mean just look at what we got for the money spent . :(

I should add this is only a thought NOT an accusation .  :;):

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Storm » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:40 am

It seems Terry Venables is one of the worst culprits (alllegedly) but for some reason just goes from strength to strength.

He did it at Portsmouth and Crystal Palace. His soujourn at CP was encouraged by a Chairman Goldberg who didn't know any better and the experience cost him over £20m.

The question is how football can allow him to stay in the game, its all a bit too cozy for me and proves that the authorites just turn a blind eye to whats going on.
Storm

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion