Houllier new australian coach - Oh god!

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Lionheart » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:42 am

New Aussie Coach

The news I have been dreading... :glare:

A parformance based wage bill that could amount to $A20million. I just hope this amount is paid when we win the Asian & World Cups.

Bugger, Bugger, Bugger!!! Oh well, I just hope he does well but PLEASE Mr Houllier don't make us a defensive outfit. Australia needs open, attractive, attacking football.
  ???

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:22 am

FFA Denial

Have I suffered froma nasty case of premature appointment notice?? :laugh:

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:44 am

Wouldn't be so bad - don't forget GH led Liverpool to some success

2002-03 League Cup Winners

2001-02 Barclaycard Premiership runners-up

2000-01 UEFA Cup Winners
League Cup Winners
FA Cup Winners

as well as 4th place in the league in his final season.

Though not in Rafa's class obviously, Australia could certainly do a lot worse and some might say that a focus on defensive ability and playing a more conservative style (though not as pretty too watch) may just be what Australia need to consolidate its 2006 'success' into more consistent performances over the next few years.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ollie » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:23 am

I think he might do well as Australian national coach, at least he wouldn't be able to call up Douif, Diao, or Cheyrou. :)
Ollie

Postby laza » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:29 am

Lionheart wrote:FFA Denial

Have I suffered froma nasty case of premature appointment notice?? :laugh:

media whore   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:52 pm

Houllier may not be as good as Hiddink for the first team, but he will significantly improve the area where I think Australia needs to work most on, youth devlopment.

Houller was the man who set the foundations for the production of France's stars which would go on to win the '98 World cup and Euro 2000, if he can do similar work in Australia he will be a good appointment.

Although perhaps Australia would be better suited as hiring him as a technical director, but I'm not sure he'd be interested tbh.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:01 pm

I think he'd do alright for Australia.  When he first came to Liverpool he made us solid and hard to beat.  That sort of approach at a side like Australia who have a limited amount of genuine quality players to call on might work well.  Plus he can't sign any players :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:55 pm

:censored: manager and will play the ugliest football imaginable. Even when we won trophies - the style of football was soooo boring.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:39 pm

say its not so!

I have had my fill of supporting him, which i did. No more please.
Last edited by babu on Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:41 pm

LFC #1 wrote:Houllier may not be as good as Hiddink for the first team, but he will significantly improve the area where I think Australia needs to work most on, youth devlopment.

Houller was the man who set the foundations for the production of France's stars which would go on to win the '98 World cup and Euro 2000, if he can do similar work in Australia he will be a good appointment.

Although perhaps Australia would be better suited as hiring him as a technical director, but I'm not sure he'd be interested tbh.

But what did he do with the LFC youth set-up?

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:06 pm

Big Niall wrote: :censored: manager and will play the ugliest football imaginable. Even when we won trophies - the style of football was soooo boring.

How can you call the League cup final of 2001 boring, and the F.A Cup final as well the UEFA cup final of the same year?  ???

If anything we played some great & entertaining final matches.
48-1119859832

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:09 pm

0asis wrote:
Big Niall wrote::censored: manager and will play the ugliest football imaginable. Even when we won trophies - the style of football was soooo boring.

How can you call the League cup final of 2001 boring, and the F.A Cup final as well the UEFA cup final of the same year?  ???

If anything we played some great & entertaining final matches.

WE scraped by a lower league team on penalties to win a game they deserved to win and had the luckiest win ever against a much better arsenal team (Owens talents at their peak) and beat that Spanish village team by an own goal in a very exciting game.

Overall though, the football in GH regime was boring. Remember Heskey? remember the amount of starts Litmanen made?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion