Fifa are slimey ba$tards - Rigging world cup play off draw

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:44 pm

The rules for the competition at the start of the campaign were that the 8 play off teams go into an open draw. Because germany,france and portugal may be in the draw they have decided to seed it.

The money men are scared Zee Germans mightn't make it.
If they seeded the 4 best performing teams in the qualification draw and said this at the start then fair enough.

This is typical B.S :angry:

I hope we draw them and beat the ba$tards.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:56 pm

I dunno, I agree somewhat. As unfair as it is, you would prefer to see the big entertaining teams in big tournaments.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:06 pm

Big Niall wrote:The rules for the competition at the start of the campaign were that the 8 play off teams go into an open draw. Because germany,france and portugal may be in the draw they have decided to seed it.

If they seeded the 4 best performing teams in the qualification draw and said this at the start then fair enough.

Mate, we're gonna beat Italy and the other no-marks (Dunner to kick seven shades of shyte out of that pikey from Fiorentina in the 2nd minute and show him what's what !) and we'll go thru as group winners !!
Nay bother  :buttrock
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Big Niall » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:08 pm

Why not just give England,Germany,France,Italy,Spain,Brazil,Argentina,Portugal and the Netherlands automatic qualification to every world cup and stop with the pretence that this is sporting.

Then Get the really big teams of Brazil,Argentina,Italy and Germany automatic places in the quarter finals and pit the two south Americans against each other to ensure a Europe versus South America "world" final?

Maybe float the Japs,Indians and Chinese into the quarters to capitalise on their economic potential.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:37 pm

I think that Big Niall is right, and it's difficult to argue what he says. So a country of 5 million people, who fight with less chances of success than a 40 million people country, does a great football work, does a brilliant qualification, and besides that disadvantage they create seeds to help the nations that have more people and thus more players to choose from?

I can understand Big Niall.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:41 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Big Niall wrote:The rules for the competition at the start of the campaign were that the 8 play off teams go into an open draw. Because germany,france and portugal may be in the draw they have decided to seed it.

Mate, we're gonna beat Italy and the other no-marks (Dunner to kick seven shades of shyte out of that pikey from Fiorentina in the 2nd minute and show him what's what !) and we'll go thru as group winners !!
Nay bother  :buttrock

Dosent matter if we beat Italy 8-0. If they win there last game (at home to Cyprus) then they qualify.

Totally agree with Niall, making up rules half way to suit the big teams, not on  :no
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:51 pm

What was Sepp Blatter talking about recently, something about how he used to dive when he used to play for fun and that sort of thing shouldnt be punished? After that crusade :censored: from UEFA a few weeks ago? :laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:05 am

I am no expert, but wouldn't the matter go under UEFA jurisdiction and not FIFA?
JoeTerp

Postby Big Niall » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:50 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I am no expert, but wouldn't the matter go under UEFA jurisdiction and not FIFA?

NO.

Its the Fifa world cup.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:51 pm

I think you should look at why 'ze germans'  might not make it.

They are lumped in with Russia. whilst England - a team that didn't even make the finals of the last major tournament - gets the Ukraine and Croatia, neither of which has ever done jack, especially in the last ten years. Groups 2 and three don't have anyone of note in there. Maybe if that had been done properly in the first place we wouldn't be in that position.

Why should the German team suffer if they come second to Russia with the highest number of points as a runner up? Have they even said that Germany/Poland/France will be seeded, or that it will be the highest scoring second place teams or whatever?
Last edited by Yossi_Benaloon on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:09 pm

Yossi_Benaloon wrote:

I think you should look at why 'ze germans'  might not make it.

They are lumped in with Russia. whilst England - a team that didn't even make the finals of the last major tournament - gets the Ukraine and Croatia, neither of which has ever done jack, especially in the last ten years. Groups 2 and three don't have anyone of note in there. Maybe if that had been done properly in the first place we wouldn't be in that position.

Why should the German team suffer if they come second to Russia with the highest number of points as a runner up? Have they even said that Germany/Poland/France will be seeded, or that it will be the highest scoring second place teams or whatever?

Clearly you need to brush up on your knowledge of the seeding system numbnuts.

204 teams globally enter the qualification for the world cup, of which 32 places are available (1 being reserved for the hosts).

At present the FIFA world rankings which feed the seeding system calculate the rank of each playing nation. Seeding for the tournament is currently calculated on a combination of current world rankings and the last two world cup performances.

Your comment about England's apparent doss draw for qualification is bollox. Just because Russia have got better recently, it doesn't take away from the fact that their major tournament record is awful and hence they we're second pot seeds (as calculated by the seeding system) and by chance drawn against Germany.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:25 pm

changing the rules at this stage reminds me of a story I read about brazilian league. Gremio are the best supported team and they finsished third last a few years ago which is relegation. The FA then changed the rules so that only the bottom 2 got relegated. scumbags.

why not just have brazil v germany and italy v argentina in the semis and skip the whole  tournament thing.

Now I know the Irish team is terrible but they have bust their nuts to go through a whole group unbeaten (playing the world champions twice) and FIFA are trying to keep us out.
Last edited by Big Niall on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:46 pm

It is a disgrace this seeding of teams for the play-offs.

Fair enough I can see why the neutrals want all the big teams there, but if you're going to seed teams at the play-off stage then it should be done according to the performance in this qualifying campaign (ie points gained), not the FIFA ranking, which is bloody meaningless when you see the rankings some teams get on paper.

You're not going to get too many upsets in a home-and-away tie of two legs and FIFA know it.  The big teams will most likely go through.

Hopefully Ireland will get there, we badly need to qualify for a major tournament.  Encouragingly we look a very organised outfit these days with a very good manager, shame he hasn't had as good a quality of squad to what his predecessors have had.

Just one last point on the rule change though, we weren't complaining when the CL rules were changed to let us back into the competition the year after we won it.  You can't have it both ways I suppose.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:50 am

It's b0ll0cks.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:54 am

john craig wrote: Encouragingly we look a very organised outfit these days .

Mate, I was in Croker on Saturday and I'll be there tomorrow night. But we looked far from organised in defence against the pizza-stuffed greaseballs....Even the ever reliable Given had a duff game...

Anyway, yes, this seeding lark is a total pain in the hoop. I don't fancy Portugal or France, but whoever we get we need to be a helluva lot more mature in defence...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion