F**k football - And f**k footballers too

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Tue May 04, 2010 10:17 am

i think i might just about have had enough of this.

i'm tired of listening to footballers moaning and banging on about having to move to a different club because they want to win things that they feel they deserve, or that they feel they will have more of the success that they feel is their right.

who the fk do they think they are?? these pampered fúcking wussies are multimillionaires in their mid twenties, they have the cars and houses of their dreams, they have tens of thousands of people singing their names out loud every week, they have hundreds of thousands of men, women and children wearing shirts with their names on, they earn money we could only dream of, they are sought after by advertisers as examples to us all, if they do well they are showered with prizes and recognition by press and professionals alike.

so who do the fk do they think they are? and who the fk are they playing for? if i earn in one year what fernando torres or steven gerrard earns in two days i've had a pretty decent year, but i am still expected to jump through hoops and pay 35 quid of my hard earned to watch him play. but all i hear is how they feel they deserve better, that they need to be at a club that wins things.

its too much that the gerrards, the torreses, the mascheranos, the rieras and all the rest of the bástards, start bleating on about not getting enough. its too much that a manager on the promise of a 16 million pound pay off for not being good enough keeps moaning to all and sundry how difficult his job is when he is managing with total control one of the most prestigious sporting institutions on the planet.

its too much that the club we love, and other clubs that other people love, are owned by profiteering billionaire cowboys that only see the club as a means to more deeply line their already plush pockets, and that if the plan backfires its the club that goes títs up and not them.

if these people are suffering so greatly there is a simple bit of advice that any of us could give them... do your job better and shut your fúcking mouth.

fúck football and fúck footballers. fúck football managers. fúck football club owners and speculators. fúck sky tv.

i'm off to enjoy hungover nobheads kicking lumps out of each other in the mud at the park on sundays. that's football for me from now on.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue May 04, 2010 10:42 am

As a supporter of a local and smaller club I must warn you that's the everyday feeling you have as a normal football fan. Imagine to produce a Gerrard and being a matter of time that some team grabs it from your hands, while he says that that jump is something he always dreamt of.

That's why I usually say that you're lucky to be Liverpool fans, it's a massive club, and you don't have to suffer those feelings that often.

Shirt colours matter less and less these days. There are  a few decent examples out there, but more often than not, footballers and managers are mercenaries.

i think i might just about have had enough of this.

Nah, you love Liverpool too much, you'd even support them if relegated.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue May 04, 2010 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:43 pm

Sabre wrote:Nah, you love Liverpool too much, you'd even support them if relegated.

He might, you might Sabre - i would too. But there are many on here who are finding the prospect of no Champions League next season, very hard to swallow. Especially since half of them joined 'post-Istanbul'  - It would be an apt moment for them to jump right back over to whichever bandwagon they find themselves allured to now, with quite some ease i shouldn't think.

Of course in fairness we are all gutted. But there is the measure of true support. Through thick AND thin. Europa League or Champions League.  Carling Cup or FA Cup.

Even....dare i say 7th or 1st?  Too right none of us are happy about that at all by the way....but there it is.

Liverpool FC supporters, supporting their colours.  A providence that knows no boundaries....nor does it ever allow you to forget it.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Tue May 04, 2010 2:15 pm

i'm not talking about LFC, i'm talking about premiership football in general

fúck it

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue May 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Andy warms to his subject. :D

Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 04, 2010 3:00 pm

red37 wrote:
Sabre wrote:Nah, you love Liverpool too much, you'd even support them if relegated.

He might, you might Sabre - i would too. But there are many on here who are finding the prospect of no Champions League next season, very hard to swallow. Especially since half of them joined 'post-Istanbul'  - It would be an apt moment for them to jump right back over to whichever bandwagon they find themselves allured to now, with quite some ease i shouldn't think.

Of course in fairness we are all gutted. But there is the measure of true support. Through thick AND thin. Europa League or Champions League.  Carling Cup or FA Cup.

Even....dare i say 7th or 1st?  Too right none of us are happy about that at all by the way....but there it is.

Liverpool FC supporters, supporting their colours.  A providence that knows no boundaries....nor does it ever allow you to forget it.

Through thick and thin no matter what - YNWA .

Will support the club till the day i die and after that my children will continue the support
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:06 pm

He's not talking about LFC tho, it's football in general.

Its players gettnig 120k a week. Its about diving and cheating. It's about how the business side is talked about nowadays more than the football side. It's the jonny come latelys who take over the grounds because 'real folk' cant afford to go anymore.

It's the owners taking over with no respect, and only the 'big clubs' ever getting deccisions.

the whole game has changed, and not for the better. We'll all always support LFC as much as ever, but football itself has become a little less likeable in recent years.

It's sad that a lot of people would happily get an abramovich type owner and buy a league title. Chelsea have no history except what they have brought, but that's how football is now.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Tue May 04, 2010 4:55 pm

andy_g wrote:i think i might just about have had enough of this.

i'm tired of listening to footballers moaning and banging on about having to move to a different club because they want to win things that they feel they deserve, or that they feel they will have more of the success that they feel is their right.

who the fk do they think they are?? these pampered fúcking wussies are multimillionaires in their mid twenties, they have the cars and houses of their dreams, they have tens of thousands of people singing their names out loud every week, they have hundreds of thousands of men, women and children wearing shirts with their names on, they earn money we could only dream of, they are sought after by advertisers as examples to us all, if they do well they are showered with prizes and recognition by press and professionals alike.

so who do the fk do they think they are? and who the fk are they playing for? if i earn in one year what fernando torres or steven gerrard earns in two days i've had a pretty decent year, but i am still expected to jump through hoops and pay 35 quid of my hard earned to watch him play. but all i hear is how they feel they deserve better, that they need to be at a club that wins things.

its too much that the gerrards, the torreses, the mascheranos, the rieras and all the rest of the bástards, start bleating on about not getting enough. its too much that a manager on the promise of a 16 million pound pay off for not being good enough keeps moaning to all and sundry how difficult his job is when he is managing with total control one of the most prestigious sporting institutions on the planet.

its too much that the club we love, and other clubs that other people love, are owned by profiteering billionaire cowboys that only see the club as a means to more deeply line their already plush pockets, and that if the plan backfires its the club that goes títs up and not them.

if these people are suffering so greatly there is a simple bit of advice that any of us could give them... do your job better and shut your fúcking mouth.

fúck football and fúck footballers. fúck football managers. fúck football club owners and speculators. fúck sky tv.

i'm off to enjoy hungover nobheads kicking lumps out of each other in the mud at the park on sundays. that's football for me from now on.

Too right andy.  :nod

unfortunately... I can't just give it up.... it's in the blood mate, and I can't bring meself to "dialysis" it out!
ConnO'var

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Someone with a pair of balls needs to come in and give the professional game a good fuckin' shake. Implementing reforms along the lines of those made in the Bundesliga would be a very good place to start.
LFC2007

Postby laza » Wed May 05, 2010 1:11 am

dawson99 wrote:He's not talking about LFC tho, it's football in general.

Its players gettnig 120k a week. Its about diving and cheating. It's about how the business side is talked about nowadays more than the football side. It's the jonny come latelys who take over the grounds because 'real folk' cant afford to go anymore.

It's the owners taking over with no respect, and only the 'big clubs' ever getting deccisions.

the whole game has changed, and not for the better. We'll all always support LFC as much as ever, but football itself has become a little less likeable in recent years.

It's sad that a lot of people would happily get an abramovich type owner and buy a league title. Chelsea have no history except what they have brought, but that's how football is now.

Exactly, just too money in the game now

God  I miss the cold war, when the reds use to keep Captialists in check and vica versa 
70s and 80s were great days for reds and when was last time we won the title. Bloody Gorby bringing that wall down seemed like a good idea at the time   :p
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sat May 15, 2010 2:03 pm

The title sounds like a thread I've had started.

We all love the game, great skill etc.

That said footballers aren't people I have much respect for. I love seeing them kick a ball but have no interest in meeting them I prefer to be like me than to be like them.

Spoilt, poorly educated, intellectualy lazy, socially unaware, selfish, without style, cheating wusses is how I'd describe most of them.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat May 15, 2010 5:08 pm

Bang on this thread.

Load of f'uckin' sh'ite the lot of it. Corrupt, overpaid, wusses. Needs sorting out.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun May 16, 2010 7:06 am

More and more clubs are getting into trouble, the bubble is bulging and may soon burst. Unfortunately we're the biggest club on the brink, even if the mancs owe more than us they win sh1 t and have zillions of "fans" worldwide to sell their merchandise to, the only way most of them can connect with the club they supposedly support

I support Liverpool through thick and thin, we've been through bad patches in the league before and come through, except this time the manager wastes what budget he gets and the owners are a disgrace so we live in fear of going tits up.

When you read 2.51m are unemployed and some small club are spending £12m on a stadium it beggars belief. I know life, and sport, goes on, but surely football could do something other than suck up all the money from people?!?!? Too late for those clubs with millions of debt. It's a shame because I was thinking yesterday of a further reason why there is such a gulf between the big clubs and smaller ones, came from talk of the mancs wanting to beat Chelsea to the signing of Rodwell. Not only can the smaller clubs not attract or afford the better players as they used to be able to, the fees raised to too high a level for them, like being in an auction for a Van Gogh with £250k in your pocket (you'll soon be outbid), BUT any good players they produce are just bought up by one of several big clubs whose money they simply can't refuse. And any money they get coming in they have to pay over the odds for average players, for instance the bitters got what £27m for Rooney and spent £11m on Yakubu - even three Yakubus wouldn't be worth one Rooney.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:27 am

I wasn't sure where to post this piece other than dragging up a thread specifically about Houllier  so I think Andy's thread about losing faith with the beautiful game a worthy winner ....
Daily Mirror 23/6/2010

David Ginola has threatened to sue Gerard Houllier after the former France manager once again blamed him for Les Bleus' failure to qualify for the 1994 World Cup.

Ginola became the scapegoat after a cross in the last qualifying match against Bulgaria was too long and their opponents broke to score a shock winner. Houllier, who was France coach at the time, placed the blame squarely at Ginola's feet and has reiterated that several times, including in a television show broadcast at the beginning of this month.

"In 2010, 17 years after, when I see the same person go on television and talk about this event where they treated me like a criminal for too long a cross, I'm sorry, I find this over the top," Ginola told L'Equipe.

"It's enough! Until my death they are going to talk to me about this!

Well possibly they will David ??? If you have any doubt talk to any player who has been identified as the catalyst for a famous defeat ,I'm afraid its one of the pitfalls of the game as opposed to the many euphoric highs in a footballers pampered  career ,so I don't think it would be churlish of me to suggest you just forget it and concede defeat with this one .....and  accept what happens  in any profession is you take the rough with the smooth ........ and take this one small consolation when your next cheque for yet another lucrative advert deal lands on your doormat "At least no f ucker will ever forget you (well not french anyway you crying tw@t )
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:28 pm

We need salary and transfer caps to sort the game out.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion