Euro 2012 thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:17 pm

fivecups » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:04 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:45 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:40 pm wrote:gerrard didnt do much either, i think the 4 games in a short space of time was too much for him. he walked more than he ran.
italy played them off the park, england did well to take it to pens.

Dead on his feet during that game - suffering from Cramp.

He needs a big rest now.

Surprised how one-sided that was after the first 20 minutes, England were completely dominated in terms of possession. For me, that was on the basis of midfield superiorty for Italy - Young/Milner/Parker/Gerrard were hammered. Pirlo ran the game. England probably needed a fifth midfielder with someone to man mark him. It's amazing it reached penalties.

I was in the pub - do you know who was to take the fifth peno?

That's Woy's tactics for you. Sitting deep with two rigid lines of 4.
Benny The Noon

Postby mart » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:22 pm

fivecups » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:04 pm wrote:Surprised how one-sided that was after the first 20 minutes, England were completely dominated in terms of possession.

I wasnt surprised. England was very lucky to win the group, and Italy is a the first real quality team they have faced.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:23 pm

Anyway, the positives for England are:

Gerrard
Hart
Carroll
Parker
Welbeck
Lescott
Johnson.

These players did brilliant for England. However we do have the negatives:

Terry
Rooney
Milner
Young.

Terry should retire, Rooney is over rated, Milner well, I still dont know what the bloody hell he does, is he a footballer? and Young, by christ, I know he plays some sort of sport, water related I think.

I thought England did well, I think our players were the stars of the squad but lessons have to be learned. Terry is past it. And Rooney offered absolutely nothing to the team.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:05 am

Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:23 am

Welbeck ?! He scored one lucky goal - the rest of the time he was truely awful
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:34 am

England are out ,and rightly so ...

So while the media look for a vegetable to compare Woy with  :) Lets all remember those that suffered immeasurably watching his brand of football with
the reds,and why they must have endured some truly  horrendous flash backs yesterday at the lack of ambition in that team....

Rooney shouldn't have been on the plane let alone the pitch ,likewise the ridiculously inept Young ,and in which parallel universe is Wellbeck a more potent
threat than an Andy Carroll in the form of his life.  ???   Woy's vision of England was a soulless one ,a man stuck in his ways to the extent it borders on
arrogance in its most contemptible form .

The tone was set as soon as a clearly unfit Rooney was reintroduced to the team ,and after his first game  Hodgson made it abundantly clear that he didn't
have the balls to omit the worst player on the pitch against Ukraine ...

Possibly the worst tournament performance I have seen from an England team ,totally devoid of any cohesion or understanding .

How stupid do you look now ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:59 am

How well has Roy done in the England Job.
Most would of have him being sacked after the end of june before this.
he took a very poor looking team and made them not look to bad, he gor the best out of Terry and Gerrard.

Shpked we got as far as we did, All the England player felt happy around him and he got them working as a team.....shame he did not have much to work with but that says more about the English prem than about him.

did not think i would be saying this but Well Done Roy.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:03 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:34 am wrote:England are out ,and rightly so ...

So while the media look for a vegetable to compare Woy with  :) Lets all remember those that suffered immeasurably watching his brand of football with
the reds,and why they must have endured some truly  horrendous flash backs yesterday at the lack of ambition in that team....

Rooney shouldn't have been on the plane let alone the pitch ,likewise the ridiculously inept Young ,and in which parallel universe is Wellbeck a more potent
threat than an Andy Carroll in the form of his life.  ???   Woy's vision of England was a soulless one ,a man stuck in his ways to the extent it borders on

The tone was set as soon as a clearly unfit Rooney was reintroduced to the team ,and after his first game  Hodgson made it abundantly clear that he didn't

Possibly the worst tournament performance I have seen from an England team ,totally devoid of any cohesion or understanding .

he had to play Rooney, the press would have killed him if we had gone out and he was not used.

and i think Rooney was taken due to the FA and not Roy.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:24 am

lakes10 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:03 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:34 am wrote:England are out ,and rightly so ...

he had to play Rooney, the press would have killed him if we had gone out and he was not used.

and i think Rooney was taken due to the FA and not Roy.

Roy - the yes man.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:28 am

england got exactly what they deserved. nothing.

they rode their luck in the group stages but got the results. yesterday certain individuals were way out of their depth. italy (who are hardly spain lets be honest) gave us a masterclass in keeping the ball whilst we proceeded to give it away every five passes. pirlo, even at 33, ran the show and was different class. for us, the likes of parker, milner and young just can't cut it at this level. everyone knew that young would miss his penalty.

it goes back to basics. ok hodgson got us organised but that will only take you so far. we barely created anything apart from in the first 10-15 minutes and by the end we looked out on our feet. it sums it up when we were banking on rooney's return galvanising the side. the reality is he was way off the pace and should have been taken off before the end. hell even gerrard looked knackered.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:40 am

This competition completely justifies Liverpool sacking Roy Hodgson.  He did all the same things he did at Liverpool.
Played down England's chances to a point where people seemed happy just to get out of the group. 
Deployed his negative tactics of two banks of 4 sitting deep.  (far too deep)
Letting the opposition have up to 70% possession.
Only managing 1 or 2 attempts on goal a game.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:47 am

jacdaniel wrote:This competition completely justifies Liverpool sacking Roy Hodgson.  He did all the same things he did at Liverpool.
Played down England's chances to a point where people seemed happy just to get out of the group. 
Deployed his negative tactics of two banks of 4 sitting deep.  (far too deep)
Letting the opposition have up to 70% possession.
Only managing 1 or 2 attempts on goal a game.

Couldnt have put it better

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:10 am

lakes10 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:59 am wrote:How well has Roy done in the England Job.
Most would of have him being sacked after the end of june before this.
he took a very poor looking team and made them not look to bad, he gor the best out of Terry and Gerrard.

Shpked we got as far as we did, All the England player felt happy around him and he got them working as a team.....shame he did not have much to work with but that says more about the English prem than about him.

did not think i would be saying this but Well Done Roy.

Well done Roy ?!

It was his tactics that caused that defeat last night.
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:37 pm

And what loony tactics would you have employed? Italy would have torn us a new one if we attempted to go toe to toe, and you would still be in here sporting your usual sh!te.

Roy's building for he future and the first job is to make your team difficult to beat: he's done that.

He has also united the squad for the first time in decades and now needs to engineer goals into our play. All in all, considering how long he's been in the job, Roy has done ok. Nothing more, nothing less.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:51 pm

I'm sorry if anyone thinks that Roy done a good job or giving excuses then you are wrong. I can't see any improvement in the England squad. Roy'a tactics are outdated and old, playing a 4-4-2 against a quality Italian team. Montolivo, De Rossi and Pirlo OWNED the midfield.

England rode their luck and lost on penalties, they also rode their luck in the group stages, so sorry Hodgson won't take this England team any further than QF.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion