Champions league - New prediction competition

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:20 pm

Greavesie wrote:Ace if you gave Rafa as much support as you're giving Maureen right now it would be appreciated

That will never happen for some mate
Benny The Noon

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:24 pm

bigmick wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
aCe' wrote:Hahahahahahahahahaha... JOOOSSSEEEEEEEEE !!!!!

Great display from Inter... 10men against Barcelona.. Anyone who thinks any other side would have progressed using any other tactics besides defending with number is fcking clueless and deluded !

Clueless and deluded?

2-1 at the Nou Camp three years ago ring any bells?

Was it only three years ago? Feck me we have deteriorated very quickly. What price would you give us on going there and winning this season just out of interest? Or beating them 3-1 at Home?

Some people on this site are so bitter it's not funny. We weren't involved in the game, so why not just look at it dispassionately and as a neutral, as a football fan. Whichever way you spin it, it was an astounding success for the Inter manager. Just because some on here have said in the past he needs loads of money or is tactically a numpty or both doesn't change the fact that they were wrong, and are wrong. Just let it go for once.

Bitter what? I was watching it as a neutral and commenting on the game as a nuetral. I've a dislike for Mourinho, not only for his character, but for his brand of football. The ugly side of football. I've seen week on week at times on here, when teams like Fulham and Bolton throw 11 men behind the ball inside the box and we fail to break them down, yet it's us that gets tore into by our so called own. Negative tactics and all that. Barca were the only half decent side left in this competion, so what's that say for the overall state of the ECL now. Hope Munich do these in the final. They remind me of us in '05 in the way they are playing. They deserve to win it.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Also, I don't like the way some people have celebrated this result as if by association they themselves have won. Very egotistical it is.
LFC2007

Postby aCe' » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Greavesie wrote:Ace if you gave Rafa as much support as you're giving Maureen right now it would be appreciated

:Oo:

What i post or dont is none of your concern ..

Ill give credit were its due... you should try that sometimes instead of posting nonsense posts aimed at other posters rather than the issue at hand like you usually do...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:25 pm

It's a classic example of what they are like on here, like bulldogs with lockjaw. Once they've made their minds up about something, every single event is twisted and contorted in order to give some consistency of reasoning to their point of view. Rather than just saying "ah feck it fair play, I don't liek the c... but he's a top manager you got to give him that" you get all the other nonsense. Rather than just saying "yep, Rafa's fecked it right up and although he's got no sensible excuses I still like him, want him to stay and am hopeful that one day soon he'll get it spot on", we get all this "shopping in Asda" sh!t. Rather than just saying "well Aquilani obviously hasn't been a good signing so far but I'm hopeful he'll work out", you get the "but we only paid five million for him" tripe.

It makes sensible discussion redundant.

who exactly are 'they'?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:25 pm

Anyway there's a far more important game to worry about tomorrow night . Think we can all agree on that ,can't we ?
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:25 pm

One went out of the CL in the group stage, domestic cups were a joke, and sits 7th in the league.

The other is first in his league and in the final of the CL.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:

That will never happen for some mate

same goes for you Bambi..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:27 pm

The Good Yank wrote:

One went out of the CL in the group stage, domestic cups were a joke, and sits 7th in the league.

ah so we cheer him on do we? is that how it works round here? - no offence mate but thats absolute c@ck. Get yourself an Inter shirt then

Ace I was given the gift of eyesight mate, when you post I can see it as much as that may come as a surprise. If you dont want certain people to respond to what you post I'd suggest you address them then

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bigmick » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:27 pm

Well in all fairness if Rafa had just masterminded a Home and Away victory against Chelsea in the quater finals, followed by deservedly knocking out Barcelona in the semi's and anybody came on here and said we had been "lucky", or we didn't deserve it because we didn't attack enough, they would deservedly get laughed out of court.

Similarly, if Inter were fighting for seventh in Serie A, had got beaten at Home by Reggia in the Italian Cup, had bombed out of the league Cup and not got past the group stages of the Champions League and you tried to tell the nutters on here that Mourinho was a good manager, they'd be in stitches.

It's not about giving anybody "support", it's about stating the glaringly fecking obvious (no offence mate but it is). Inter are OBVIOUSLY been extremely well managed, while we, this season at the very least but arguably for much longer, aren't. THAT is why some people view the records of the two managers differently.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:27 pm

The Good Yank wrote:

Yeh but we support liverpool mate  not inter milan , don't we ?
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:29 pm

bigmick wrote:

Well in all fairness if Rafa had just masterminded a Home and Away victory against Chelsea in the quater finals, followed by deservedly knocking out Barcelona in the semi's and anybody came on here and said we had been "lucky", or we didn't deserve it because we didn't attack enough, they would deservedly get laughed out of court.

Similarly, if Inter were fighting for seventh in Serie A, had got beaten at Home by Reggia in the Italian Cup, had bombed out of the league Cup and not got past the group stages of the Champions League and you tried to tell the nutters on here that Mourinho was a good manager, they'd be in stitches.

It's not about giving anybody "support", it's about stating the glaringly fecking obvious (no offence mate but it is). Inter are OBVIOUSLY been extremely well managed, while we, this season at the very least but arguably for much longer, aren't. THAT is why some people view the records of the two managers differently.

yeh too right they have a kudo to Jose but why do we have LIVERPOOL fans on here shouting his name? Praise is one thing but genuine support is another.

its not aimed at you in particular Mick because its no secret you've been an admirer of Jose for a while now

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:

Yeh but we support liverpool mate  not Jose FC , don't we ?

I will correct this for you, Igor, my good man.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:32 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:

Yeh but we support liverpool mate  not inter milan , don't we ?

We do. And we all what's best for Liverpool football club, don't we? Some of us think we've already got what's best, whereas some of us think we might even be able to do a bit better. That's the only disagreement as far as I can see.

Coming back to LFC's point, I'm not going to deny I was cheering on Inter because it's a long running dispute between rival factions, which has caused me to get plenty of abuse off of the likes of Lando, Emerald and the like. I've been nibbled by GYBS/Benny constantly over it, and I fully expected should Barca win to have them crowing from the rooftops.

But they didn't, so feck em all   :laugh:  :laugh:
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:34 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Yeh but we support liverpool mate  not Rafa FC , don't we ?

I will correct this for you, Igor, my good man.[/quote]
I've corrected it once and for all mate, might as well get it right.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion