Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Worth it or not

Get him out whatever the cost
45%
Keep him in to save money
55%

Total votes : 11

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:43 pm

Sacking rafa would set us back another 20 million atleast and everyone must know liverpool fc isnt in the best financial state so the question is is it worth getting further into debt to get rid of rafa. Or are we in to much debt that rafa has to stay.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:11 pm

for me football is football, its not about money, if hes not the right man for the job, he gotta go
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:29 pm

I doubt it would cost us £20million anyway. Usually a deal can be struck as the manager doesn't want to be on "gardening leave" for the next 3.5 years. I would expect we could pay him off for beteen £10 and 15million, less than that if Madrid come in for him.

But to answer the question, I agree with Dawson, if he isn't the right man we should bring in someone who is and sod the money.
account deleted by request

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:54 pm

s@int wrote:I doubt it would cost us £20million anyway. Usually a deal can be struck as the manager doesn't want to be on "gardening leave" for the next 3.5 years. I would expect we could pay him off for beteen £10 and 15million, less than that if Madrid come in for him.

But to answer the question, I agree with Dawson, if he isn't the right man we should bring in someone who is and sod the money.

According to talk sport sacking Rafa will set us back 23 million

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:37 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:
s@int wrote:I doubt it would cost us £20million anyway. Usually a deal can be struck as the manager doesn't want to be on "gardening leave" for the next 3.5 years. I would expect we could pay him off for beteen £10 and 15million, less than that if Madrid come in for him.

According to talk sport sacking Rafa will set us back 23 million

No doubt if we had to pay his contract in full that is around what it would cost us. Usually though an agreement is made as Liverpool could insist that Rafa doesn't work for the full length of his contract if he insisted on being paid in full.

Houllier did insist on being paid in full and couldn't work, but obviously with his health problems a break was probably welcome anyway.
account deleted by request

Postby Judge » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:21 pm

hope ive made myself clear
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:34 am

Many of us thought at the time that giving rafa a new 5 year contract was the wrong move. So far its proven to be the case. It all but cemented his position here. I mentioned about Mascha being sold to Barcelona and the fee recieved from that will pay to end rafas contract. It may not be Mascherano but another player or players that achieve this. There is no doubt in my mind at all now, rafa has to go, his decisions have over the seasons with regards to the selection, priority of competitions and players have come to total fruition. What rafa has set for he has got. And its his desire that is costing us. If Ranieri was known as the tinkerman, what can you call rafa? Yes he has to go. If we can get away with selling just one player to make it happen then by all means, do so. We need a change, and as they say, a change is as good as a rest.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leep33 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:39 pm

I still think he can get us Champions League next season.
leep33

Postby Dinger » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:31 am

Keep him, not to save the money but because he can get us out of the :censored: were in.
Dinger

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:32 am

Where's the "keep him because he's Rafa and we're Liverpool FC" option?

Or is this poll just for the antis?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football Related Polls