Best premiership transfer this season - Who was worth their price?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Best premiership transfer this season - Who was worth their price?

Harry Kewell
34%
Adrian Mutu
9%
Damien Duff
22%
Christianno Ronaldo
16%
Joe Cole
13%
Antony Le Tallec
6%

Total votes : 32

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:53 pm

So true

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:46 am

I DEFO THINK IT IS THE MAN KEWELL.

EVEN THOUGH I AM AN EVERTON FAN. I THINK HE HAS BEEN YOUR BEST PLAYER THIS SEASON
AND POSSIBLY ONE OF THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY SO FAR.

REGARDS DOM1!!!!!!! :D  :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby leothelion » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:41 am

WELL LEEDS GOT FOWLER FOR A GOOD PRICE OF US SO ITS ONLY FAIR WE GOT HARRY AT A GOOD PRICE .JUST UNLUCKY FOR LEEDS THAT ROBBIE LEFT HIS HEART BEHIND IN ANFIELD AND NEVER WANTED TO PLAY FOR ANYONE ELSE
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:56 am

We could buy Fowler back at a bargain basement price and I think he would make every effort to get back his fitness. What people forget is Fowler was automatic first choice before his injury and hasn't been since. What he needs is a long run in the XI and he will get goals. Man City aren't making him first choice so we should offer £2.5m and bring Fowler back to Anfield
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:24 pm

Owzat wrote:We could buy Fowler back at a bargain basement price and I think he would make every effort to get back his fitness. What people forget is Fowler was automatic first choice before his injury and hasn't been since. What he needs is a long run in the XI and he will get goals. Man City aren't making him first choice so we should offer £2.5m and bring Fowler back to Anfield

YES TRUE BUT WHY WOULD YOU WANT AN OLD GEEZER BACK WHO IS WELL PAST HIS BEST. THE ONLY REASON HE WOULD BREAK INTO YOUR TEAM IS BECAUSE OF INJURIES.

TRUST ME WE DONE THE SAME WITH DUNCAN FERGUSON AND HE WORKED OUT FANTASTIC DIDNT HE. lol
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby radun5 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:08 pm

May be I am not very objective, since I am Romanian, but Mutu was the greatest player in the world in September - October. I remember he played 5 or 6 games at the highest level and he scored in every single match (and I am not speaking of easy goals, but quality goals that he created out of nothing). See the goal scored against Denmark and you will know what I mean.

Anyway, Kewell was also a hell of a good buy, and he is obviously among the first three players in the Liverpool squad right now. I am very glad we could buy him.

One more thing, Kewell was not "stolen" - a stolen player is the one you get for free (such as a free transfer). Leeds sold him because they couldn't pay him, so I guess other clubs could have tried to buy Kewell and his price would have gone up.
radun5

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:41 pm

Carl Medjani

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ozzie1000 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:29 pm

shut up has, duff is good investment and every1 part from u knows it, u probably think heskey was good buy dnt u
ozzie1000

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:38 pm

No. I think Heskey was one of the wrost signings Liverpool have made, and you would know this if you actually read my comments.

I think Duff was over priced and I prefer Kewell.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:57 pm

Have you seen Fowler this season? He has shown glimpses of what we have all seen in the past but his fitness is dubious and he is not getting regular games. I reckon given 10 consecutive games in the starting XI, he'd return 3-5 goals at least. Even at Leeds he managed a goal every other game until someone cashed him in for some much needed revenue
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:31 pm

owzat,you must admit its worrying when the bloke buys houses at a quicker rate than he scores goals. 85 houses for christsakes! if he showed the same ambition in front of goal he might still be at anfield.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:57 am

He has gone through a few years of hell and no surprises Kermit started off the chain reaction.

- Fowler suffers injury problems
- Fowler isn't happy with Kermit and vice versa
- Fowler is sold to Leeds at a good price and scores a goal every other game
- Leeds sell Fowler because their financial sense was lacking
- An unfit Fowler struggles at Man City and is then in and out of the side as Keegan doesn't know his best starting XI (because he has too many attacking options as usual)

So Fowler isn't back to his best but I won't believe he has become a bad striker overnight. Have you seen him this season? All that I've seen lacking in his game is goals and they should/will come with time. I fail to see what his lack of financial nous has to do with his ability on the field
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:19 pm

3 goals in 4 games and showing some decent form. He looked good yesterday against Tottenham without being his old threat. If he can stay fit I reckon Man City will have one of the best strike pairings in the Premiership
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:52 pm

man that owzat scares me............

he just knows to much information!!
which liverpool goalkeeper conceded the most goals in his time at the club?

Dom1
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby kopper » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:47 pm

Everybody forgot Saha. :D
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls