5.- Rotation
4%
6.- Tactics
17%
7.- Others
8%

Total votes : 48

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:32 pm

I'm pro Rafa and I do not intend to have yet another Rafa bashing thread, there are plenty already for that.

I'm simply interested in what makes your head in most. What's the most annoying part of Rafa for you.

My intention is to know what part is most important for you in a manager.

For me the worst mistake of Rafa was the Alonso case. The mere idea of considering selling him was a mistake. Not because I liked Alonso, but because I wouldn't have touched the midfield once Sissoko was gone, and Mascherano was here.

It was my opinion that the team had progressed, it was my opinion that we had one of the best midfields in the world, so for me, it was time to adress the wings and having an alternative for Torres. We needed to adress the wings just like we had to adress the striker position and failed to do so with Morientes, Crouch, and Kuyt. Once sorted out, do not touch that and keep improving.

So I never understood why any one of the key midfielders, let alone Alonso, started to be questioned. He was not incompatible with Gerrard (I remember discussions about that), and that wasn't the part of the team we needed to address.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:57 pm

Where is the option for all of the above?  :D
heimdall

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:07 pm

heimdall wrote:Where is the option for all of the above?  :D

I want an option of all the above plus a lot more  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:55 pm

Alonso, big buys or whatever, its lack of man management at the end of the day and losing Paco seriously contributed to where we are today.

ALL the great managers are man managers, you cant be one without the other.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:15 pm

I said man management but there's a lot of overlap with these that causes a domino effect e.g. bad management leading to the Alonso debacle
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby rocky29 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:55 pm

the thing about man management i dont get is isnt capello similar to rafa in the way he doesnt get to involved wiv his players on a personal level but still gets the best out of his players?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:00 pm

rocky29 wrote:the thing about man management i dont get is isnt capello similar to rafa in the way he doesnt get to involved wiv his players on a personal level but still gets the best out of his players?

No i think it's different, Capello is just very strict but he must be a very good man manager do have been able to handle the egos at for example Real Madrid and also England and to get the very best out of those players.
heimdall

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:18 pm

heimdall wrote:
rocky29 wrote:the thing about man management i dont get is isnt capello similar to rafa in the way he doesnt get to involved wiv his players on a personal level but still gets the best out of his players?

No i think it's different, Capello is just very strict but he must be a very good man manager do have been able to handle the egos at for example Real Madrid and also England and to get the very best out of those players.

If Rafa was at charge, I can imagine you blaming Rafa for the Bridge-Terry affaire, and telling us that's what happens when you manage a team incorrectly.  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:21 pm

Sabre wrote:
heimdall wrote:

If Rafa was at charge, I can imagine you blaming Rafa for the Bridge-Terry affaire, and telling us that's what happens when you manage a team incorrectly.  :D

nope, I think Capello handled that very well and if Rafa had handled it in the same way it would be fine by me. Rafa would probably have released a few statements via his media lapdogs though saying how much stress he was under getting no support form the FA etc etc, bitching and moaning as per usual.
heimdall

Postby neil » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:29 am

rather than the biggest mistake poll, I reckon the question should have asked "where did it start to go wrong?" I wonder if 'Keanegate' was the beginning of the end.
Last edited by neil on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:51 am

or the 0-0 draw with  west ham that sent us to the top of the league but was greeted with boos from sections of the crowd(centenary stand)
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:20 pm

I voted the Alonso Case.  Although I'd sort of put that in a Man management sub-section.  I think the Alonso debacle was / is the most grieveous of Rafa's errors in his dealings with players, followed by Supergluing Keane to a seat in the stands shortly after his only decent bit of results.  And then selling Keane with no cover for Torres.

Then we go to his dealings in the transfer market. Both Big and Small Signings, then tactics / rotation.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby leep33 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Losing Alonso was a big blow, i believe if Rafa had been a bigger man then Alonso would still be a red.
leep33

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:12 pm

Although Alonso was a massive loss for us I went for man management. I think if Rafa had taken a different approach his players would be more positive and confident out on the pitch. It's a shame really as the man is such a perfectionist. He should see that man mangment itself is something of a science and for some players it's vital to them performing at their best.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:48 pm

The Alonso vote for me.

Using Alonso as a pawn to get gareth :censored: average :censored: barry will imo go down as the worst descision ever. Alonso was left out in the open with no option other than to leave the club, after having our best season for years. No one man does not make a team,but the impact of him eaving did.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls