3. Yes,if he's a natural winger
No votes
4. No, we need wingers
No votes
5. Yes, if under 10M
No votes
6. Levazzi Who ?
33%
7. Dunno, I don't have a footballing brain to vote in footy polls.
67%

Total votes : 3

Postby Festy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:36 am

Well ?  :D
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:38 am

Doubt it after the way Napoli's chairman has spoke about him today, likes hookers and the ale.

http://www.setanta.com/....d-56825

Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis has launched a scathing attack on striker Ezequiel Lavezzi.

The 24-year-old Argentina international has been strongly linked with a move to Liverpool in recent weeks and, despite Rafa Benitez denying any interest in the player, his agent has done little to calm the speculation.

He claimed this week that Napoli sporting director Pierpaolo Marino was lying when he denied receiving an offer for the striker, and both player and agent continue to suggest the club have failed to honour an agreement that he would receive a payrise at the end of the season.

De Laurentiis has now spoken out strongly against Lavezzi’s actions and, after the club finished 12th in Serie A this season, he has told the former Estudiantes man that his performances and behaviour do not warrant any reward.

“Mr Lavezzi cannot say anything. Neither can his agents,” he told Corriere dello Sport.

“Taking into account the fact that he had just arrived from South America, he received a considerable amount when he joined, and that amount was increased after six or seven months.

“People can always ask for increases, but I don’t see it like that.

“Marino told me that this is the way it is in football, but it is not that way here, not in Naples.

“For one thing, we are happy to be generous when we are getting a good return, but those performances weren’t there.

“I ask myself: are you an athlete or not? If you’re an athlete, you don’t go drinking at night and you don’t visit prostitutes. 

“When you play for a team, you defend the colours of the city and, if you get drunk and visit prostitutes, you are betraying the people of that city.

“That said, given that we are talking about a young boy, you need the staff to show them how to behave.

“Anyway, returning to the issue of his contract, he signed it – it is a contract between two parties and both parties must comply with it.

“If he continues to dig his heels in, he won’t play. He could be ruining his career.

“Everyone has their sense of dignity and their own mindset. I have mine.”

De Laurentiis has played down suggestions Marino misled the player about his chances of earning a pay increase.

“I have every trust in Marino,” he said.

“Maybe he said something like, ‘We will see’ – people often do.

“We probably would have given him what he wanted if we’d done well in the league, but that’s not how it turned out.”

De Laurentiis has also reiterated that there has still been no offer and, even if one did come in, he has suggested that he would be happy to force the player to remain in the reserves.

He added: “There was never any official offer.

“If a crazy bid came in then clearly we would listen because everything has its price but, for the sake of my principles, I would be able to do without the €25 million (£21.3m).”
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:05 am

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football Related Polls