Yes.
85%
No.
11%
Maybe.
4%

Total votes : 55

Postby azriahmad » Wed May 25, 2005 4:01 am

Funny how when Stu said that "Baros is not good enough" just after top scoring at Euro 2004, a lot of people dissed Stu because Baros started off the season on a high.

As the season went by, Baros has proven that he lacks awareness in playing as he almost always miss squaring the ball to a better placed team mate and more importantly, he lacks the killer instincts a striker needs.

Now that he has been publicly quoted voicing out his dissatisfaction, it can be reasonably concluded that his Liverpool days are numbered. I just hope he can fetch a good transfer value for Liverpool. As for el-stinger's comments that he may be worth more with a CL medal around his neck, it depends on his personal performance if he gets to play. He has to perform against a top side like Milan to earn a good transfer price.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Wed May 25, 2005 6:40 am

It's not like I don't like him. He seems to be wrongly matched in Liverpool's shirt. He scores most of the time with the Czech, but hardly in LIverpool's shirt. Pity him. Probably he doesn't fit the style RB wants to plot the game....
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed May 25, 2005 8:32 am

Cant see him being here still next season, he has been poor this season.
I dont doubt his commitment and effort...he runs himself into the ground every time he pulls on the shirt, but Rafa seems to favour 1 striker with wingers playing off him. Milan hasnt got the technical ability to link moves, if the ball gets played up to him he runs into blind alleys, we lose posession and we are under pressure.
I wish him luck when he goes elsewhere, but dont think we will get anywhere near 8 million for him....with the clubs that are being quoted.
More likely £5 mill, lots hope i'm wrong cos Rafa needs all the money he can get.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed May 25, 2005 8:49 am

Ace, I don't think it is because of Milan Baros' lack of technical abilities that prevents him from forming an effective linking up with the other players - he has some technical skills but he simply lacks awareness because he does not look up to see around him enough and ultimately, he lacks a natural goalscorer's instinct.

Baros can improve and perhaps his comments are more due to frustration at not given a full run of games despite his efforts. He does put in a lot of efforts but maybe he does not think enough or not aware enough that most of the attacks tend to break down and the manager subs him to get alternative impetus.

With his outburst, he should go.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed May 25, 2005 8:56 am

azriahmad wrote:Ace, I don't think it is because of Milan Baros' lack of technical abilities that prevents him from forming an effective linking up with the other players - he has some technical skills but he simply lacks awareness because he does not look up to see around him enough and ultimately, he lacks a natural goalscorer's instinct.

Baros can improve and perhaps his comments are more due to frustration at not given a full run of games despite his efforts. He does put in a lot of efforts but maybe he does not think enough or not aware enough that most of the attacks tend to break down and the manager subs him to get alternative impetus.

With his outburst, he should go.

Maybe its a confidence thing but the lads touch has gone.
He can dribble....beats the first man easily, but then stumbles over the ball and loses control.
The outburst is obviously one of frustration you are right...but its not the manager he should be frustrated with imo...its himself.
He has potential...he's still a young player, but he needs to develop elsewhere cos most attacks break down when they reach him.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed May 25, 2005 12:14 pm

I think we would all think differently about him if he didn't keep moaning about not staying on the pitch and talking about wanting to play for Barcelona. 

Look at any interview that Luis Garcia does.. he just loves our club and has massive respect for Rafa, that is the sort of playe we need, one that is proud to wear the red shirt of the most succesful british team EVER!

Baros should move on if he doesn't feel the same way and make way for a player who is prepared to fight his way into our first team without crying!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 25, 2005 1:44 pm

i think the biggest problem with Baros is he isn't a team player, on or off the field.  He never passes the ball and if he gets dropped he goes moaning to the newspapers about it...not what we need
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Wed May 25, 2005 2:59 pm

Definetly think it will be his last game (if he plays don't think he will start). He will be off during the summer
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:36 pm

its seems like i am the only one who wants milan to stay.
i genuinely think he is a quality player to have, whether he starts or not.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:38 pm

he,s only got one year left on his contract ,and it looks like rafa is not going to offer a new one so it looks like he on his way and the dreaded crouch will take his place :help
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:05 pm

I cant believe i'm one of only 6 who've voted in favour of keeping baros. He's got loads of potential and with the right man management rafa could turn him into a top premiership striker
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:10 pm

i am one of that six!
and i agree! :)
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:28 pm

He has definitely got potential but as long as he keeps watching the grass and not seeing his team mates, he wont show the full extent of that potential. Agree ?
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football Related Polls