Rafa - Cards on the table

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:18 am

Which players that didnt cost 20 mil that we could of bought ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:12 pm

put me in the Stay section please.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:18 pm

im still undecided but will decide soon :D
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:36 pm

GYBS wrote:Which players that didnt cost 20 mil that we could of bought ?

Berbatov  - £10.5million
Hangeland - £2.5million
Nasri - £15million
Arshavin - £15million
Santa Cruz - £3.8million

I wouldn't mind these five for a start mate

And if you want to go further afield there are even better bargains like Diego £3.5million etc etc
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:41 pm

But what about the likes of Ronaldo and Vidic but to name 2 who where under 20 million but the manager wasnt given enough money to buy them and United nipped in
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:42 pm

Berbatov - would of had him if we didnt get drawn against them in the CL back in 05 and he was so poor then i guess no one would of realised how well he turned out for spurs - even thou still dont rate him that highly and would prefer tevez.
Hangeland - Only done half a season so far and CBs not really a big problem for us
Nasri - When at Marseille didnt really shine against us and even at Arsenal hasnt really produced bar a few decent goals
Arshavin- Wanted him during the summer
Santa Cruz - Hindsight there is a great thing cause he was decent at Bayern but not outstanding .

Obviously players like Diego etc would be a risk as you dont know how they would cope in the prem but if he is there for 3.5 mil thats worth a shout in my book .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:44 pm

Dundalk wrote:But what about the likes of Ronaldo and Vidic but to name 2 who where under 20 million but the manager wasnt given enough money to buy them and United nipped in

With Ronaldo it wasnt as much as the manager wasnt given the money was more he was offered to us for around 4 mil i think then united came in with a big bid and it was all done and dusted before Liverpool could even counter .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:55 pm

GYBS wrote:Berbatov - would of had him if we didnt get drawn against them in the CL back in 05 and he was so poor then i guess no one would of realised how well he turned out for spurs - even thou still dont rate him that highly and would prefer tevez.
Hangeland - Only done half a season so far and CBs not really a big problem for us
Nasri - When at Marseille didnt really shine against us and even at Arsenal hasnt really produced bar a few decent goals
Arshavin- Wanted him during the summer
Santa Cruz - Hindsight there is a great thing cause he was decent at Bayern but not outstanding .

Obviously players like Diego etc would be a risk as you dont know how they would cope in the prem but if he is there for 3.5 mil thats worth a shout in my book .

You don't judge a player on one game mate, thats why you have scouts watch them for a few games.

Diego went for that price to Werder Bremen, I think he would cost nearer to £15/20million now.

There are always players who you could with hindsight have signed for a bargain price, the key is actually signing them for a bargain price.

Which is why mistakes such as we made with Keane etc etc  can prove so costly. Not only do they take up time and effort trying to fit them into the team, but other players don't get signed because all our money has been spent on the wrong player.

Which again leads me to my COMPLETE DISAGREEMENT  with the scattergun, revolving door, hit and hope policy of buying players.

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:29 pm

s@int wrote:
GYBS wrote:Which players that didnt cost 20 mil that we could of bought ?

Berbatov  - £10.5million
Hangeland - £2.5million
Nasri - £15million
Arshavin - £15million
Santa Cruz - £3.8million

I wouldn't mind these five for a start mate

And if you want to go further afield there are even better bargains like Diego £3.5million etc etc

the prices there are abit steep mate. how about my list?

Clichy - €250,000
Geovanni - free
Gutierrez - €2mil
Diaby - €2mil
Carlos Vela - €125,000

:D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:55 am

I wonder if things or peoples views and opinions will change depending on the result at weekend ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:52 pm

GYBS wrote:I wonder if things or peoples views and opinions will change depending on the result at weekend ?

I doubt it for most people mate, if winning at OT actually meant we were in with a shout of the title I think you would have a point, as the title was lost weeks ago (no matter what the result at OT) most people will already have made their minds up one way or the other already.

e.g. If we beat the mancs it will just confirm to me that we should have been much closer to the mancs so that this result would actually mean we were in with a good chance of the title.

To others it will mean that we are getting closer all the time

To others that Rafa's a genius and but for Parry and our owners we would have won the league.

To the few, it will mean we are going to win the league.

Again if we lose, you will get similar diversified opinions, all the way from Rafa has deliberately told the players not to attack, all the way to Parry has leaked our tactics to the mancs just to stop Rafa winning, while h&g told the players to lose as they couldn't afford to pay the winning bonus.  :D

Postby GYBS » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:55 pm

:laugh:
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:32 am

I have been undecided here but after the week we have had i have to say give rafa atleast another season and let see what he could do. We see progress here.. Put me on STAY please!!!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:04 am

fantastic week but weeks like this are few and far between, too little too late, I doubt he will see the fact that in these last two games we attacked and won well, he will revert back to defensive play against the weaker teams and we will be back to square one again. these two results change nothing
112-1077774096

Postby bigmick » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:38 am

Well I think it's fairly clear that if those two results and performaces don't change someone's opinion, then nothing will. I've said a few times that the "antiness" is so ingrained into me that in all honesty I'd probably need Rafa to win the Premiership to convince me, and given that I haven't changed my view after two performances like that it looks like I was telling the truth.

I must say though I was encouraged by an interview I came accross beofre the mancs game. I should have put it up at the time but Rafa said essentially that we need to improve in all areas, including team selection. If as I hope this means that we are going to see less styling but probably more to the point a more attacking mindset, then there may yet be hope that we can do something. I remain 100% convinced that setting out to avoid defeat at the expense of going all out for the win will not prevail in the Premiership. Infact we're proving it this season. We've beaten the other two team who are in the top three Home and Away, four from four against those clubs and we're still probably not going to win it. We may have seen the light a little on the rotation, but I think it's here where we need to shine the builders spotlight now. If we can do that next season, the pro's may yet get their day.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls