Portsmouth - Has rafa had a shocker or done right?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:12 pm

Now, i've seen the starting lineup from the defeat at Pompey today and to be honest i was slightly disapointed in Rafa. Ok i want the players to be fresh for the week against Chelsea. But Reina doesn't need to be rested. His job isn't anything like the job of Stevie G. Ok we are garunteed 4th place, but imagine the pride liverpool supporters could take in beating Arsenal to third place. Resting players crossed my mind a while back, but i came to the conclusion that are players are fresher than any other of the big 4,as we are out of bith demestic cups from an early stage. Therefore,we could afford to play are main players today. Playing some of the players we played today wasn't fair on the players facing a much improved   Pompey side. Also, crossing with a thread from earlier in the week, Fowler, is not good enough to play, and i don't give a monkeys whether you want to give him a good send off, the team is more important than an individual player. Also, he will get a good send off anybody. Yes,  some of you are going to slate me for this but i don't care whether the players are playing a bog game in mid week. Professional footballers these days are fit enought to play at a week-end and in midweek. So, here is the team from today and ijust look at it and ask yourself if you would be happy at travllingto portsmouth and watching these players?

Dudek
Insua
Hyypia
Paletta
Arbeloa
Zenden
Alonso
Sissoko
Gonzalez
Bellamy
Fowler

well, im interesting to see your views, but do remember that veryone has the right too opinion and thats what you'vegot from me!

YNWA
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:18 pm

Reina doesn't need resting, but by resting him we made sure he didn't get injured (Fancy Dudek against Chelsea?)Same with the other players ,extra rest and no injuries, why gamble in a meaningless game.

It was to protect them from injuries mate. Chelsea didn't have the same option and now they have lost Carvalio for Tuesday.(They still rested Lampard, Drogba and Cole!)
account deleted by request

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:21 pm

Very valid point and tbh i hadn't considered injuries. Dudek against chelsea, we would have been killed:p :p

We havn't picked up injuries so i suppose we have the upper hand.

Can you see my point?

YNWA
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:28 pm

I can see your point about travelling fans. The Pompey fans will have been made up as they got 3 points that they may not have got with a full strength Liverpool and the travelling fans got to see Robbie and Inuesta(sp) so at least they got something for their money.
account deleted by request

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:06 am

I can see your point about travelling fans. The Pompey fans will have been made up as they got 3 points that they may not have got with a full strength Liverpool and the travelling fans got to see Robbie and Inuesta(sp) so at least they got something for their money.

And let's not forget that the away fans got to appreciate Portsmouth's proud naval traditions including HMS Victory, which I believe dates back to.......
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:08 am

Rafa only made one mistake yesterday IMO and that was to play Paletta. Useless! :(
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football Related Polls