Rafa - Cards on the table

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:59 pm

aCe' wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Anybody wanna change their minds?   :devil:

not a chance, Rafa all the way.
Who's better? Maureen?
I remember whenever he was losing hed bung Huth up front so not sure about his skillz either.
Rafa will get us there

oh you mean when he won the league with 95 points  :Oo:
or was it when he won the league the next season with 90 points  :Oo:

i wouldnt care if Rafa decided to play Carra and Hyypia upfront and hoof it for 45mins when we'r trailing if we end up winning the league with 95 points... wouldnt think you would either ...

but he'll get us there...we should give him a 20year contract i would think... just incase it takes him a little longer than the infamous 7 years... :p

Ok sorry you follow Maureen, go buy a milan shirt, and lets hope Rafa can just buy the league because who cares, we are just glory hunters...
F it, lets try to spend 200 million on 2 or 3 players, to win the league then be in trouble in a few years.

forget our whole history, lets all just blow it to win one more league title a year quicker than we would. Dont worry about how fecking class our reserve and youth team plays, dont worry how we kep in certain constraints, lets get Maureen, coz hes cheeky.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ox5 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:28 pm

sit on the fence, madrid=amazing, 'boro=pants???
LFC 4EVA
*pm me if you have any spare home tickets for me and daugter!!*
ox5

Postby aCe' » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 pm

dawson99 wrote:
aCe' wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

Who's better? Maureen?
I remember whenever he was losing hed bung Huth up front so not sure about his skillz either.
Rafa will get us there

i wouldnt care if Rafa decided to play Carra and Hyypia upfront and hoof it for 45mins when we'r trailing if we end up winning the league with 95 points... wouldnt think you would either ...

but he'll get us there...we should give him a 20year contract i would think... just incase it takes him a little longer than the infamous 7 years... :p

Ok sorry you follow Maureen, go buy a milan shirt, and lets hope Rafa can just buy the league because who cares, we are just glory hunters...
F it, lets try to spend 200 million on 2 or 3 players, to win the league then be in trouble in a few years.

forget our whole history, lets all just blow it to win one more league title a year quicker than we would. Dont worry about how fecking class our reserve and youth team plays, dont worry how we kep in certain constraints, lets get Maureen, coz hes cheeky.

Hey Daws, the one thing i hate more than a clueless muppet is a condescending kunt... just saying...

We HAVE spent 200 million… Whether you choose to accept it or not mind you is a totally different story… What we haven’t done however is win the league despite that.
A year quicker ? I don’t see a league title in 5 years and going by the trend, and all else considered I don’t see one coming anytime soon under Rafa… Just my opinion, so if you think that makes me a glory hunter or not as big and true a fan as you are then fcking fair enough yet again.

Don’t even get me started about our great reserves and the mighty youth who have become world beaters and reat assets under Rafa’s guidance and all that… You’d know better… and what you mean by “certain constraints” I’ll never know… if you’re talking about the Liverpool way and all that then I’m afraid your beloved Rafa doesn’t quite tick that box for me really…
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:16 am

Stick me in the "GO!"

I say it every time this sort of discussion arises, and we will never win the league under Rafa. If you want CL, he's the man for you, otherwise he ain't got a prayer.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:00 pm

aCe' wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
aCe' wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

Who's better? Maureen?
Rafa will get us there

Hey Daws, the one thing i hate more than a clueless muppet is a condescending kunt... just saying...

We HAVE spent 200 million… Whether you choose to accept it or not mind you is a totally different story… What we haven’t done however is win the league despite that.
A year quicker ? I don’t see a league title in 5 years and going by the trend, and all else considered I don’t see one coming anytime soon under Rafa… Just my opinion, so if you think that makes me a glory hunter or not as big and true a fan as you are then fcking fair enough yet again.

Don’t even get me started about our great reserves and the mighty youth who have become world beaters and reat assets under Rafa’s guidance and all that… You’d know better… and what you mean by “certain constraints” I’ll never know… if you’re talking about the Liverpool way and all that then I’m afraid your beloved Rafa doesn’t quite tick that box for me really…

we have spent 200 million, but how many times have we had to sell to buy? every time.
we dont have the luxury of manu or chelsea. If a player dont work, we need to sell quick to get back as much as possible.

and sorry if i condescend but its the only language some people understand, and we all get too heated.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Net spend is the true figure of what we have spent - about £95M, during rafa's reign (5 seasons).
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:51 pm

Effes wrote:Net spend is the true figure of what we have spent - about £95M, during rafa's reign (5 seasons).

that's a lot.
FWIW i have always disagreed with our turnover on players. I go on and on about it, not giving players the time to bed in. But in Keanes case i believe we did what we had to to minimise monetary damage
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:15 pm

GO

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:01 am

March 01, 2009
Benitez's weaknesses will cost Liverpool dearly
Matt Hughes

As Rafael Benítez seethed on the team coach on Liverpool’s return journey from Middlesbrough on Saturday night, he could have been forgiven for thinking he is in the wrong job. Knowing the Liverpool manager, he was probably plotting how to increase his influence at Anfield and thereby solve all their ills — applying for the vacant chief executive position, perhaps, or even buying the club outright — but a growing body of evidence suggests he would be better getting out altogether. And leaving club football entirely, for that matter.

As a strategist and tactician, Benítez has no equal, which he demonstrated again last week with Liverpool’s perfectly executed win over Real Madrid, but these qualities are more important at the highest level of knockout competitions rather than the daily grind of winning a league title. In other words, Benítez was born to be an international manager.

Benítez’s club credentials cannot be dismissed because he did win two championships with Valencia, but many of his biggest weaknesses are those that are most critical to sustained success in a title battle. The Spaniard’s record of buying players is, at best, patchy, shown by the revolving door transfer policy at Liverpool, while he often compromises the performance of the team by insisting on rotating his players in a similar manner. As his dysfunctional relationships with the various powers-that-be at Anfield indicate, Benítez’s dominant personality is also unsuited to working closely with others on a regular basis.

None of which matters as much in the international arena, where Benítez would be free to concentrate on what he does best, sitting alone in a darkened room dreaming up strategies and formations to win one-off matches against high-calibre opponents. His record in the biggest games against the other great tactician of his generation, José Mourinho, suggests Benítez is as good as it gets when it comes to selecting and preparing a team for knockout football, which is why the FA should have him high on its shortlist of candidates when it comes to replace Fabio Capello as England manager. If nothing else, Benítez would relish the scheming and politicking at Soho Square.

Hull City have not won in the Barclays Premier League since Phil Brown’s half-time tirade on the pitch at Manchester City on Boxing Day. And after collecting three points in as many months, Hull are only three away from the relegation zone. Brown is unlikely to confess to any regrets, but it could be a while before he gets a gig as a motivational speaker.

TIMES ONLINE
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:39 am

In Rafa's excellence against Mourinho, we beat them in the Champions League semi where Gudjonson missed from two yards in the dying seconds which would have put us out, and we beat them on penalties once as well. In the league and in the Coca Cup final, they had us in their pockets. I don't really see it as any tactical domination, and if it is, lets get Avram Grant in because his Chelsea team saw us off in the Champions League semi's without too much bother. We didn't tactically dominate Ac Milan in the two finals either. We were 3-0 down at half time in one of the games until a series of forced changes and Steven Gerrard scoring one and getting us a penalty brought us back into it, while in the other we left our best striker at the time on the bench and were 2-0 down before scoring a late consolation goal.

Rafa is tactically astute there's no doubt about it, but over the years we've lost many more big games than we've won. We've also lost lots of small games through being silly. Our last match is a perfect example of it.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:42 am

s@int wrote:March 01, 2009
Benitez's weaknesses will cost Liverpool dearly
Matt Hughes

As Rafael Benítez seethed on the team coach on Liverpool’s return journey from Middlesbrough on Saturday night, he could have been forgiven for thinking he is in the wrong job. Knowing the Liverpool manager, he was probably plotting how to increase his influence at Anfield and thereby solve all their ills — applying for the vacant chief executive position, perhaps, or even buying the club outright — but a growing body of evidence suggests he would be better getting out altogether. And leaving club football entirely, for that matter.

As a strategist and tactician, Benítez has no equal, which he demonstrated again last week with Liverpool’s perfectly executed win over Real Madrid, but these qualities are more important at the highest level of knockout competitions rather than the daily grind of winning a league title. In other words, Benítez was born to be an international manager.

Benítez’s club credentials cannot be dismissed because he did win two championships with Valencia, but many of his biggest weaknesses are those that are most critical to sustained success in a title battle. The Spaniard’s record of buying players is, at best, patchy, shown by the revolving door transfer policy at Liverpool, while he often compromises the performance of the team by insisting on rotating his players in a similar manner. As his dysfunctional relationships with the various powers-that-be at Anfield indicate, Benítez’s dominant personality is also unsuited to working closely with others on a regular basis.

None of which matters as much in the international arena, where Benítez would be free to concentrate on what he does best, sitting alone in a darkened room dreaming up strategies and formations to win one-off matches against high-calibre opponents. His record in the biggest games against the other great tactician of his generation, José Mourinho, suggests Benítez is as good as it gets when it comes to selecting and preparing a team for knockout football, which is why the FA should have him high on its shortlist of candidates when it comes to replace Fabio Capello as England manager. If nothing else, Benítez would relish the scheming and politicking at Soho Square.

Hull City have not won in the Barclays Premier League since Phil Brown’s half-time tirade on the pitch at Manchester City on Boxing Day. And after collecting three points in as many months, Hull are only three away from the relegation zone. Brown is unlikely to confess to any regrets, but it could be a while before he gets a gig as a motivational speaker.

TIMES ONLINE

:D
You loved that didnt yer s@int?

When you think about it. The team we won the Champs League with in 2005... think of a National Team winning the World Cup.. what would be the equivalent national team winning the World Cup?

He'd win it with Portugal no probs...... Russia?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:10 am

It'd be the equivalent of getting some no hopes like South Korea to the World Cup semi finals, ot Russia to the European finals (both of which are impossible of course). It's true what people say, there really aren't any good managers out there when you think about it.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:39 pm

As much as his style is depressing the hell out of me in the league all the focus will now be on the champions league. I stick by what ive said before, stay until the end of the season at least. If we put on a good run from now until the end of the season and end up second but not too far off then stay. If everything goes from bad to worse then his time is up.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:58 am

So Far...

STAY = 33 Members

GO    =  16 Members

UNDECIDED = 9 Members

Interesting seems like most at the moment want rafa to stay.. I would like to see how the poll would look if were out of the champs league and drop down the table...
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:59 am

Madmax wrote:So Far...

STAY = 33 Members

GO    =  16 Members

UNDECIDED = 9 Members

Interesting seems like most at the moment want rafa to stay.. I would like to see how the poll would look if were out of the champs league and drop down the table...

Add me to the "go" category, it's only a matter of time before the board realise he's not got what it takes to win the league. Whether that's due to not having enough money or him simply being incapable of spending it remotely wisely is a different matter. Plenty of excuses for his "third choice" signings are made, but look at players across the Premiership that didn't cost £20m+ who we could have bought. Some will blame Parry, maybe justifiably so, but the fact remains he spends a lot and we're still reliant on one or two key players. He can't even make our defence solid.

My main interest is why so many vote for him to stay. I'm sure it will sway around to the other way around given time, I just hope that time (wasted) isn't costly because a (last) season given to Rafa to finish top four or five next season could be a first season building a title challenging side for another manager. If we're giving managers 5,6 or 7 seasons then maybe we should be giving it to managers who aren't going to waste it. One season of 80+ points in four, maybe two in five if we make it 25 from the last 33 available, is not going to transform into a title challenge.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls