Bad signings - Who has been the worst singing?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Bad signings - Who has bee nthe worst singing

josemi
5%
kewel
3%
diouf
87%
heskey
5%

Total votes : 38

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:51 pm

In terms of the money spent/player crapness ratio - Diouf by a mile.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:18 am

Josemi definitely shouldn't be on that list, he was inexpensive, his wages won't be astronomical and he's showed great committment to his game. Give the lad a chance to settle in, learn the lingo and benefit from some good coaching

Worst signing from that list has to be Diouf. He never showed any respect whatsoever for the club and to use a Ferguson phrase, he's a big time charlie. The biggest of them all. AND he was f*ckin useless on the pitch.

Kewell comes in 2nd worst, Emily 3rd
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:57 pm

pretty ****** list if you ask me, but would have to be diouff out of the players listed, complete waste of space and a disgrace to the shirt :angry:
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:47 pm

Diouff in many ways.

Not only has he failed to deliver on the pitch, wasted big money in transfers and wages, but also because at the time we signed hi, we had an opportunity to progress to the next level if we got our signings right in the summer of 2002. We bought the wrong guys, and it has arguably set us back three or four years.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:07 am

Diouf, Diao, Biscan, Smicer, Traore, Heskey.....

What a waste of f*cking money.
  :angry:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:51 am

If you'd asked me 6 months ago I'd have agreed with you on all those lot apart from Traore who's always looked worth keeping if you ask me. To be fair though Igor has played by far his best games in the red shirt this season and looks like he might show some of his potential. As for Diao, he needs to go. Emily's already gone, and Smicer looks like he won't play much part in our future, but Diouf is just a f*ckin disgrace to the club, himself and the sport as a whole. The sooner his name is wiped from the LFC history books the better
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:02 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Diouf, Diao, Biscan, Smicer, Traore, Heskey.....

What a waste of f*cking money.
  :angry:

Biscan and Traore shouldn't be on that list. Houllier couldn't get anything out of them so is that their fault? No I think not. Look at Biscan's rescent performances.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:27 am

It is the ultimate lack of abilities in a person - you buy several players play them to your plans and only to find out that they did not perform to your expectations. Worse still, someone else comes along and manages to coax a lot more performance from the very same players who you have bought. This is the Houllier legacy but somehow being improved by Benithez.

I am not Houllier bashing but it goes to show how bad Houllier is at man management and also tactics. like I have said before many times, he is a good admisintrator - ask him to set up a youth academy or set up the organisation of a club and he will come up with winners - the French FA's youth academy is one. Ask him to manage young footballers, he comes terribly short of new ideas once his own ideas fails.

Diouf, Diao, Heskey etc were simply bad buys from a manager who wrongly assessed their abilities and his own capabilities to mould them into his team.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:01 pm

AB: Biscan was a disasterous signing. We spent a fortune on a player who capatained his previous side in the CL, paid him fat wages and yet we were lucky to get 5 good performances out of him in 4 years.

A couple of good displays this season (at least half of them in the League Cup) does not absolve Biscan in my view. By that rational Bruno Cheyrou has actually delivered far more than Biscan, and yet Cheyrou is rotting away on the sidelines in Marseille now.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:35 pm

JBG, let's say Benitez bought Biscan instead of Houllier, don't you think Biscan would had been a quality player for us based on his performances this season?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:16 am

A.B. wrote:JBG, let's say Benitez bought Biscan instead of Houllier, don't you think Biscan would had been a quality player for us based on his performances this season?

the what ifs, you could say what if rafa bought heskey and showed signs of being a class player and not what he is now. If rafa signed heskey, he could of did something like what traore has done this season. Heskey could of been great under rafa, with the strength he could be good around the goal. 5 games isnt enough to judge the man though, give biscan more chances under rafa and then post your votes if he was a bad buy or not.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:32 am

A.B. wrote:JBG, let's say Benitez bought Biscan instead of Houllier, don't you think Biscan would had been a quality player for us based on his performances this season?

No, AB, he's only played a couple of times for us this season.

So, if Benitez bought Biscan for £6million odd, and Biscan made about 5 or 6 starts, most of them in the League Cup, and had one fairly good game in the CL, he would still be a relative disappointment so far.

However, that arguement is utterly pointless, as Houllier signed him for a bike shed load of money, and two or three reasonable games this season does not save Biscan from one of the most notoriously unsuccessful signings in our history.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby who the hell is diarra » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:34 pm

Results speak for themselves !  that useless cheating , spitting , diving senegalese waste of space :(
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:56 am

JBG, I thought Biscan cost 5.5 million and Cheyrou cost 4.5 million, so there is not a lot of a cost gap between them but both are cr@p and were way too expensive. Cheyrou played more under Houllier because he is French and being the same origin with the manager does help in a foreign country. The fact that he was shipped out shows that he is worse of a cr@p to Benithez compared to Biscan who did show some good performances altough far too seldom.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chrissy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:31 pm

Diouf. What a waste of money. Ok african player of the year but double figures for a **** player what was houll thinking?
What a joke diouf was :D
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls