Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 23, 2017 10:43 pm

redshade » Tue May 23, 2017 9:08 pm wrote:Looks like Big sam will leave Palace. Must be because Barca are interested in him. :D

Strange one that, said he doesn't want another job either.  ???
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue May 23, 2017 10:54 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 23, 2017 8:55 pm wrote:
JC_81 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:47 pm wrote:Griezmann seems nailed on to end up at Mancs. Cant see us paying that amount nor him wanting to come to a club qualifying only twice on 7 years or whatever it is now for CL.

Funny thing is though i could see him thriving in a Klopp team with a fluid front 3. I can see him being less effective in a Mourinho team - a manager who historically has always preferred a target man striker. He'll play wide and they wont get the same return Athletico got out of him.

Wages probably come into the equation as well mate. United can offer him a lot more than we can.
I will be gutted if he does end up there like, I'm just hoping Real Madrid or someone come in with a last minute bid.

Wages and transfer fee. His buyout clause is £87m. No way we would pay anything like that. 

Think we have to be realistic. Those kind of players are out of reach and its all about picking up players who can be the next Griezmann, Suarez etc.

City, Utd and Chelsea operate at a completely different level financially and we can't compete with them and nor can anyone else in the league for that matter
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Wed May 24, 2017 12:27 am

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... from-porto

Casillas linked

Probably replacement for Manninger.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed May 24, 2017 8:57 am

2 Keita's for me....From Redbull and the lad from Lazio...Perfect fit...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed May 24, 2017 9:21 am

redshade » Tue May 23, 2017 11:27 pm wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10889916/european-paper-talk-liverpool-want-iker-casillas-from-porto

Casillas linked

what do you mean mate? replacement for manninger?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed May 24, 2017 9:28 am

maguskwt » Wed May 24, 2017 8:21 am wrote:
redshade » Tue May 23, 2017 11:27 pm wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10889916/european-paper-talk-liverpool-want-iker-casillas-from-porto

Casillas linked

I surely hope not as a starting keeper...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Wed May 24, 2017 1:04 pm

JC_81 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:47 pm wrote:Griezmann seems nailed on to end up at Mancs. Cant see us paying that amount nor him wanting to come to a club qualifying only twice on 7 years or whatever it is now for CL.

Funny thing is though i could see him thriving in a Klopp team with a fluid front 3. I can see him being less effective in a Mourinho team - a manager who historically has always preferred a target man striker. He'll play wide and they wont get the same return Athletico got out of him.

I agree about him likely not being best used at Utd. For his own sake, I hope Utd lose today and he says no to the transfer.
kartiek

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 24, 2017 1:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 23, 2017 10:43 pm wrote:
redshade » Tue May 23, 2017 9:08 pm wrote:Looks like Big sam will leave Palace. Must be because Barca are interested in him. :D

Strange one that, said he doesn't want another job either.  ???

Almost fell of my chair when I saw he's resigned from Palace.

Never sure of Fat Sam's motives but if he what he says is true fair play to him, he's not short of a bob or two and has had a more than stressful last 2 years, wants to spend more time with family whilst he's still young enough to enjoy it.

(Fully expect he'll be bored by August and will be seeking employment    :D  )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Wed May 24, 2017 2:45 pm

maguskwt » Wed May 24, 2017 9:21 am wrote:

Casillas linked

I thought Casillas maybe 3rd choice with Manninger out (1 yr contract).
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed May 24, 2017 3:06 pm

Doeboy » Tue May 23, 2017 7:42 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher » Tue May 23, 2017 6:17 pm wrote:Truth is that since Klopp came to the club team selection and transfer information being leaked out of the club has dried up. He isn't insecure enough to cosy up to journalists and he keeps a close knit circle. Most of the transfers he has made have come out of the blue without being mentioned before by journalists. I'm guessing it will be a similar story this window. The journalists are taking calculated​ guesses, nothing more.

Klopp may well be keeping his cards close to his chest however in this day in age, with different people from within the club working on transfers and agents also using the media for their own agenda's, I think leaks to some degree  are inevitable.

How much was leaked on Wijnaldum, Manninger, Klavan, Karius and Mane? Nothing until the deals were actually happening. It’s inevitable that some information will get leaked but it will be very little. The lists of players that journalists are naming are probably just players we have tracked and sent scouts to watch but we do that with dozens of players.

Klopp is talking directly to players so I imagine until the player gives him a “yes” very few people are involved. Fergie used to do the same.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed May 24, 2017 4:22 pm

The summer should actually be the busiest couple of months for a manager and backroom staff, its longer days and hours than during the season.

This is absolutely the case at most clubs so Klopp and the recruitment team should all be pulling together and working day and night, on call, to get the players in and that is what I will be expecting.

No 2 week holidays or jaunts, knuckling down to ensure everthing humanely possibly is done to acquire the very best players we can get into our club.

If all the deals are done and the work is done so be it, most clubs get it done early where they can and seem to be on that track but never switch off and close the shop, nothing wrong with pulling in a player not on a list if its on.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed May 24, 2017 4:38 pm

Pig Catcher » Wed May 24, 2017 2:06 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Tue May 23, 2017 7:42 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher » Tue May 23, 2017 6:17 pm wrote:Truth is that since Klopp came to the club team selection and transfer information being leaked out of the club has dried up. He isn't insecure enough to cosy up to journalists and he keeps a close knit circle. Most of the transfers he has made have come out of the blue without being mentioned before by journalists. I'm guessing it will be a similar story this window. The journalists are taking calculated​ guesses, nothing more.

Klopp may well be keeping his cards close to his chest however in this day in age, with different people from within the club working on transfers and agents also using the media for their own agenda's, I think leaks to some degree  are inevitable.

How much was leaked on Wijnaldum, Manninger, Klavan, Karius and Mane? Nothing until the deals were actually happening. It’s inevitable that some information will get leaked but it will be very little. The lists of players that journalists are naming are probably just players we have tracked and sent scouts to watch but we do that with dozens of players.

Klopp is talking directly to players so I imagine until the player gives him a “yes” very few people are involved. Fergie used to do the same.

Incorrect. I remember specifically readying about our links to Mane and Karius well before the deals . Granted, the move for Wijnaldum moved quickly without much in the media beforehand but IMO he was never a primary target. My belief is that once we realised we were not going to get anywhere with Dahoud, we quickly switched our attention to Wijanldum as he would beef up the squad and has premier league experience.

Similarly I believe Manninger was brought in to cover in the event Mignolet left, i.e someone who wouldnt complain being 3rd choice if Mignolet ended up staying There was the possibility Mignolet may have pushed for a move with the arrival of  Karius and/or if a good bid had been received him. We just wanted to cover ourselves in that instance. Manninger and Klavan were cheap, opportunistic buys in that respect so I wouldn't expect too much in terms of links beforehand
Doeboy

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed May 24, 2017 4:44 pm

So many journalists throw out so many links but I can't recall one reputable one that said we were going to try to bring in Mane or Karius in until it came to few weeks before the deals were actually concluded. We get linked to literally 100+ players every summer window.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed May 24, 2017 5:15 pm

C-R » Fri May 27, 2016 4:17 am wrote:Saido Mane to Liverpool with Jordan Ibe a make weight in the deal is in this mornings papers

Really not sure about him, he seems to blow hot and cold

First mention of a link to Mane in the rumour thread. It was sealed a few weeks later. We were not linked to him for months on end.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed May 24, 2017 5:20 pm

parchpea » Mon May 16, 2016 3:35 pm wrote:Loris Karius looks a goer from Mainz.

£8m release clause and only 22, clips show him to be a goalie that attacks the ball, more agressive and a bigger lad than Mignolet.

First link to Karius in the rumour thread. A week later he was on Merseyside finalising the deal.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill