2016/17 Other Scores Significant Or Not

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:37 am

redshade » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:11 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:40 pm wrote:3 wins for Rafa on the bounce now

Rafa with another win mate. Upto 4th now.

Yep, against Brighton too who are a decent side, looks like they've put that dodgy start behind them mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:40 pm

Have to say City looked very impressive there today. If it wasn't for the antics of their keeper I think they would have went on to win by quite a substantial margin.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:54 pm

Would have preferred they had drawn the derby but its always nice to see MANCs lose
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:25 pm

Another win for Rafa, this time away at Derby.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:20 pm

Good on rafa.

On Mannure and City game. How good were city?! Nice to see them beat mannure.
A draw would have been ideal though.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:55 am

Nice work Rafa up to second now
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:40 pm wrote:Have to say City looked very impressive there today. If it wasn't for the antics of their keeper I think they would have went on to win by quite a substantial margin.

Strange thing to say Yakka?

What does a goal keeper have to do with winning by a 'substantial margin', as this is purely dependent on how many more goals City could have scored.....

Hilarious reading the hysteria with Bravo in his first game all because he isn't of the 'boot up the park' ilk like the rest of the keepers in the league.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:41 pm

I think commentators have got a soft spot for Hart. Lol thats why they are soo critical of Bravo.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Delighted those Chav pikeys dropped 2 points, especially the prize scumbag Costa. An embarrassment to football....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:59 pm

eds » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:31 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:40 pm wrote:Have to say City looked very impressive there today. If it wasn't for the antics of their keeper I think they would have went on to win by quite a substantial margin.

Strange thing to say Yakka?

What does a goal keeper have to do with winning by a 'substantial margin', as this is purely dependent on how many more goals City could have scored.....

Hilarious reading the hysteria with Bravo in his first game all because he isn't of the 'boot up the park' ilk like the rest of the keepers in the league.

It's not a strange thing to say at all mate, City were giving United a football lesson and you could see that the United players heads had dropped big time, mentally they'd near enough thrown in the towel but Bravo's mistake not only gave the United players a lift but got the crowd involved again too. One mistake pretty much changed the whole complexion of the game, before the mistake City were just creating chance after chance but after Zlatan scored it was an even contest.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Sorry mate have to disagree.

City played the way they did because Bravo was disciplined and courageous to not boot it up the ground the whole game. Possession from the back allowed them to destroy united in the 1st half.

Without him they wouldn't have been able to do this in the first place. Something that seems to escaped most of the so called 'experts' in England. Sure he had a breakdown in communication with Stones but other than that and the risky tackle on Rooney the hysteria on his debut was a bit over the top. People expecting him to repeat these mistakes are in gaga land. I have watched him for years now playing for Chile and the man hardly makes a mistake at the back, he is the main reason why they have won 2 international tournaments in the last 2 years. Remind again how many old Joe has won again?  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:32 pm

eds mate no offence but you really have a problem with reading and understanding what other people are actually saying, you pretty much read what you wanted to read. Yakka didn't even try to have a go at Bravo, but he merely stated that his mistake gave United hope and will to fight. Without that hope they would have probably lost with a very embarrassing result.

I don't know what the media in England are saying but the way you're reacting sounds like they're talking some serious bull. For me personally, Bravo is one of the best goalies in the world and City's decision to replace Hart with him must have been a no-brainer. Hart is an above average goalkeeper.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:15 am

Yep you are right mate, I simply thought that yakka got caught up in the rubbish commentary on the game which pillared Bravo on his debut because of one mistake.

Agree this mistake gave United a sniff, when in reality they looked completely out of it before that fortunate Ibra goal.

The point I was making (which Yakka may or may not know having watched Bravo in the past) is that he won't do that week in week out, so not sure why he was referring to it as "antics" in his post above. Antics in any context means that its a regular thing. Which I pointed out is an odd thing to say?

City will be a much, much stronger side having a goal keeper that has one of the best pass complete percentages on the planet.

Will be interesting to see what tactics Klopp employs when we come up against them.

eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:03 pm

I said antics because after his mistake Bravo continued to look shaky, Zlatan pretty much missed an open goal and Rooney had a decent shout for a pen - all through erratic keeping. Bravo is a good keeper (he was outstanding in the World Cup) but he definately gave United a lift just as Mingolet has given teams a lift in the past.
Btw I'd much rather see teams build from the back than hoof it, obviously there are times when you just need to stick it in row z (like Lucas on Saturday after his original miss control) but when a keeper launches it up the field all he does is turn certain possession into a 50/50 lottery.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:12 pm

I see Rafa is only one point behind Huddersfield now after winning 6-0 away at QPR.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion