Liverpool and Everton XI

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Chatting about it in the boozer the other night.

Couple of people agreed.

GK: Howard/Mignolet, not much in it.

RB: Johnson
LB: Baines
CB: Agger
CB: Jagielka

RM: Mirallas
LM: Coutinho/Peinaar (not much in it, probably Coutinho on ability but Peinaar on position and link up with Baines)
CM: Barry
CM: Gerrard

CF: Lukaku
CF: Suarez

Overall thats as bad as I can remember. How many times in the last 25 years would Everton have at least 5 players in a mixed team?

To be honest, looking at it like that, It wouldn't suprise me if we finished seventh.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:51 pm

Barry...Urgh. Lucas over him any day. Barry has to be the slowest player I have ever seen. That said I can't cater for either.

I'd opt for a 4-3-3 and go for

GK: Mignolet

LM: Coutinho

CF: Sturridge
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:54 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:51 pm wrote:Barry...Urgh. Lucas over him any day. Barry has to be the slowest player I have ever seen. That said I can't cater for either.

The idea was it was a realistic XI with balance and players in the right positions.

I think anyone that would take Lucas over Barry is extremely deluded to be honest SCS. Barry is an extremely good alround footballer and he's nowhere near as slow as made out. To be honest, he's probably no slower than Lucas.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:01 pm

i`d have barkley in there ahead of gerrard too, he`s going to be some player that lad.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:28 pm

StuYesThatStu » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:54 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:51 pm wrote:Barry...Urgh. Lucas over him any day. Barry has to be the slowest player I have ever seen. That said I can't cater for either.

The idea was it was a realistic XI with balance and players in the right positions.

I think anyone that would take Lucas over Barry is extremely deluded to be honest SCS. Barry is an extremely good alround footballer and he's nowhere near as slow as made out. To be honest, he's probably no slower than Lucas.

Each to their own. Although I'll happily be deluded on that one, just like the majority of LFC supporters I presume. Interestingly you agreed on Johnson over Coleman - despite your views on how poor Johnson is. You rate Ryan Taylor over him...

There's no problem playing a front three out of Lukaku, Sturridge and Suarez. Suarez spends most of his time on the right anyway, Sturridge is left footed and plays there for England. What's the issue?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Howard

Johnson
Agger
Jagelkia
Baines

Lucas
Barkley
Coutinho

Suarez
Lukaku
Suarez
Benny The Noon

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:49 pm

From an Evertonian on Twitter yesterday:

:laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:38 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:28 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:54 pm wrote:

Each to their own. Although I'll happily be deluded on that one, just like the majority of LFC supporters I presume. Interestingly you agreed on Johnson over Coleman - despite your views on how poor Johnson is. You rate Ryan Taylor over him...

There's no problem playing a front three out of Lukaku, Sturridge and Suarez. Suarez spends most of his time on the right anyway, Sturridge is left footed and plays there for England. What's the issue?

Lucas isn't fit to lace Barry's boots. Barry's far superior in just about every aspect of the game apart from ground covered during a match which Lucas would win, and possibly standing tackles, which is about even, maybe Lucas would edge it. Barry's passing, creativety, speed of thought, dribbling, arial ability, goalscoring, assists, link play, movement, versatility and reading of the game are on a completely different level to Lucas's. IE the assist for Osman's goal the other week, Lucas would have never in a million years even been in that position to execute that ball, let alone see it if he got there.

Johnson is a very average full back who provides good shape and is ok defensively. Coleman is a headless chicken who is aggressive and can go past a player, not much in it. Johnson for his defensive ability. What has Ryan Taylor got to do with the price of fish? ??? Curious statement.

On the balance side of it, you're entitled to your opinion, no point in arguing with someone who thinks one central midfielder and three centre forwards is a good way to balance a team.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:28 pm

CB: Distan
CM:Lucas
CM: McCarthy

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:57 pm

The Ryan Taylor comment was to highlight the comical nature of your preference of him to Johnson. Taylor won the lottery when Newcastle signed him and good for him, I'm all for chasing the dream.

curious, how many 4-3-3 set ups consist of more than one CM? Most, if not all, 4-3-3 formations play with attacking midfielders in the two wide positions of the three.

You are one funny kid
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion