Liverpool V Barcelona - Friendly - August 6th 2016 KO 5.15pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:45 pm

Grujic and Markovic on for Mane and Wijnaldum

Ings on for Firmino
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:03 pm

Lovren gone off early, what looks like a hamstring which would be very unfortunate, no confirmation yet, had a great game as well
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:05 pm

Liverpool 4 - 0 Barcelona

Grujic :D
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:06 pm

Liverpool 4 - 0 Barcelona : Full Time
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Amazing goal from Grujic, amazing game overall.

I know that it's just a friendly but demolishing Barca takes some doing. Would be a very nice confidence boost for the start of the season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:11 pm

damjan193 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:08 pm wrote:Amazing goal from Grujic, amazing game overall.

I know that it's just a friendly but demolishing Barca takes some doing. Would be a very nice confidence boost for the start of the season.

Can we play them every week please ?  :grinning:

Just hope Lovren is ok, he really played well again today alongside Klavan
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:16 pm

That was sweet. Nice battering.
Mané adds another dimension to our team. His face is frightening.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Again...not sure why am I still supporting liverpoolfc.com when I can never get to watch any of the non-PL games, not even friendlies. They sure have no problem taking money from overseas subscriber but do not allow broadcast to be watch by them.

Supporting a club only go so far when you are being bitten all the time  :veryangry
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:43 pm

Your better off finding streams off the net mate.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:27 pm

We dish out a 4-0 hammering to the best team in world football and Klopp is expressing his concern about the lull in our pressing play  .....What a fucking Legend this fella is going to be .
Mane already looks like a player that would add another dimension to the team we just trounced ,we played some lovely inventive football with intricate passages of play ,and we kept a clean
sheet with Klavan's positioning excellent throughout ,and alongside Lovren they look a formidable pairing who seem to have already formed an understanding of each other's strengths and weaknesses.

Moment of the match was Markovic's beautiful assist with a perfectly weighted clipped ball for Grujic to expertly convert with a gorgeous floating header that was in the air so long it  seemed to take an eternity to find the net .
If anyone has played football at 'any level' they will know how difficult it is to clip a ball and gift that much precision when you're running with it at your feet , it requires superb technical ability.

A goal crafted in Serbia  :buttrock

Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:45 pm

I thought Wijnaldum looked absolutely shattered second half.. I don't think he's used to putting a shift in like that, chasing balls and pressing all game. He gave the ball away a hell of alot, but I think alot of that was down to fatigue. I just love the fact we have pace in the team upfront this year so we can counter attack teams.. it was the biggest thing missing from last year.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:36 pm

We wet the appetite today, brilliant flowing football, from the Klopp text book.

Liverpool can do this though ask Dortmund but for us its about winning on the bad days, when its not working, and we are being outplayed or out thought.

This has been our problem for many years, crack that and we will be alright, contenders.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:56 pm

Wether Jurgen decides to go with a front 3 or a front 4 next week against Arsenal imo 2 of the places in that forward line have to go to Origi and Mane, the power and pace they bring to the table is absolutely frightening. I thought Lallana was really impressive in that slightly deeper midfield role too.
Barcelona looked like they could barely be bothered but even so a performance like that is just what we need going into next week.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:29 pm

We are much further ahead in our pre-season than Barca but they don;t like to lose and especially not 4.0  :laugh: We were tactically spot on and restricted them to little and even when they crafted something we snuffed it out. A good team performance but a few individual one's stood out today. Origi took his goal well and grujic looks like a quality player. Can was boss but winaljdum was a bit anonymous but understandable as he is only getting used to it.

Klopp is an amazing manager and you can see our fortunes changing, in him we have a manager who can go toe to toe with guardiola and maureen  :nod I don't know how good a season we will have but we will be no pushovers  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:12 am

A future pairing of Grujic and Can would be solid.
I've watched replays of the Grujić goal few times. How the heck did he do that. It was a bit of a distance aswel.

I'm glad Origi is playing well, it puts more pressure on Studge.

Yeah Wijnaldum was kind of quite seems a little unfit. Klopp will sort that out.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games