Harvey Elliott

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:20 pm

Not sure why he doesn’t have his own thread

This lad looks special and is going to be with the first team this season no doubt - fearless with quality on the ball
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:27 pm

Why would a 16 year old that just got here have a thread? Before today's game I mean.

Anyway, the kid looked really promising today, but then again, I've probably said that about countless other youngsters before him. Hopefully this one is one of the few that make it big.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:32 pm

damjan193 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:27 pm wrote:Why would a 16 year old that just got here have a thread? Before today's game I mean.

Anyway, the kid looked really promising today, but then again, I've probably said that about countless other youngsters before him. Hopefully this one is one of the few that make it big.

Because all other first team signings appear to have a thread created on the day they arrive

And this lad has actually already been playing Prem football
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:50 pm

I don't see any reason why the lad shouldn't have a thread, he does look a decent prospect.
As dj says though it's one thing doing it in pre season and another doing it week in week out in the prem. The Echo had a good article in it the other day about all the young players that have impressed in pre season since 2012. The list included the likes of Dani Pacheco, Suso, Jordan Rossiter and even Kevin Stewart. It's easy to forget now but Pacheco was seen as the jewel in the crown of Barca's academy when he was brought to the club by Rafa in 2007, he got his chance on the pre season tour of 2012 and played really well. So many talented youngsters though stop progressing, instead of continually improving they plateau out. Hopefully this Elliot lad keeps on improving, he played well tonight that's for sure. He's got good feet which is unusual for an English CM.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:42 pm

He looks very confident for 16 and he's not afraid to run at players.. He looks more comfortable on the ball than some of the older acadamy players. I'd definitely hand him 15 minutes here and there to get his experience up.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:02 pm

How many times did the commentator tell us he was 16??
"The youngster" was said every time he touched the ball!!
:wwww
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:30 am

Thommo's perm » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:02 pm wrote:How many times did the commentator tell us he was 16??
"The youngster" was said every time he touched the ball!!
:wwww

Not just 16 but turned 16 in April  :grinning:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:00 pm

He just sat his GCSEs 3 months ago. He won’t be able to sign a professional contract with us until he turns 17 in April. He played 9 mins in the League Cup and 18 PL mins between 2 games in May as Fulham were trying to convince him to stay and also boost his profile so that if he did leave the tribunal would give them a higher fee.

Yes he looks talented and confident but he is slight of frame as you’d expect from a 16 year old and he played like a school boy yesterday (head down). I don’t think you’ll see much of him this season but hopefully he’s at a level where he can train fulltime at Melwood with the first team squad and develop.

I think the majority of his football this season will be in the U23 league, EFL Trophy, UEFA Youth League (U19s Champions League) and hopefully the League Cup and FA Cup. Can’t see him getting any minutes in the PL or CL.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:08 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:20 pm wrote:Not sure why he doesn’t have his own thread

This lad looks special and is going to be with the first team this season no doubt - fearless with quality on the ball

Not sure why he doesn’t have his own thread

You've just started his "Own Thread"

For ***** sake have word with yourself.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:23 pm

The media have been trying to stir up abit of trouble for the young lad already. He did a Snapchat mocking a interview with Harry Kane after the champions league final.

The joys of being young and in the limelight.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:30 pm

Looks like he could be a decent addition in midfield this season. Playing on the right hand side of the 3 cutting onto his favoured left and drifting into the number 10 position to open teams up. Nice to see his connection with Salah continue on from pre-season. Hope to see more of him in midfield when we play against teams who will sit back.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:30 pm

Eagle » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:30 pm wrote:Looks like he could be a decent addition in midfield this season. Playing on the right hand side of the 3 cutting onto his favoured left and drifting into the number 10 position to open teams up. Nice to see his connection with Salah continue on from pre-season. Hope to see more of him in midfield when we play against teams who will sit back.

Whenever you get very young players coming through you never know how their bodies will develop. Since his game is not about speed he will improve as he gets older and fills out and becomes stronger. Owen was all about pace but as he filled out (as all men do) he became a little slower and not quite as good (injuries aside), In contrast to Rooney who was more about skill and a lot better as he got older as he became stronger. I think Elliott will be more of a Rooney than an Owen if you can compare them.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:26 pm

"Some players they never knock on the door, they run through it – and he's one of them."

Nice quote there from Pep Lijnders on Elliott. He started the first 4 games of the season, including a big one against Chelsea. So I think Klopp had big plans for him in our midfield so such a shame he got that injury. His link up with Salah and Trent looked really promising and he could really bring some creativity to our midfield. Back in full training now so should be penciled in for some minutes in the FA Cup game against Cardiff.
Eagle

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:29 pm

It's good he is back as we need him. Missing several through injury and afcon.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion