What about stuart elliott! - 23 goals already this season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laurence_2k2 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:26 pm

Has anyone else heard of or about Stuart Elliott?He plays for Hull City has hit 23 goals BEFORE christmas!Hes a Northern Ireland internation aswell(not that means anything).Surely some premiership club has to take a chance on him,was reading the paper this morning and there was an article on him,hes been linked with Newcastle Utd,Leeds and Sunderland.Hes 24 and available for less than 1 million pounds.Never know maybe Rafa himself has seen him,we need strenght in our squad and this might sound stupid but we should make a small bid.In that article there was an old Northern Ireland manager cant remember his name at present,he gave him his first cap and he reckons that he should be playing in the same league as Duff, Robben and Giggs!Hes not an out and out striker more of a winger!
Let me hear your thoughts on this
The Rafalution Continues!
laurence_2k2

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:46 pm

Yeah totally agree. Players of the class of Elliot, Gabbidon and Earnshaw are the exact sort of players we should be going for.

Totally.

Get a grip. You think he'd score some of the goals he's scored this season playing against the likes of Terry, Campbell, Ferdinand... You're having a laugh aren't you?
115-1073096938

Postby Woollyback » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:47 pm

Maybe worth a gamble for somebody like Southampton/Norwich but LIVERPOOL??!  ???

We need proven class eg. Morientes/Anelka
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:50 pm

.. oh Stu ... :( tactful as always :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:51 pm

zarababe wrote:.. oh Stu ... :( tactful as always :D

That WAS tactful by Stu's standards  :oh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laurence_2k2 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:56 pm

im not saying we should go and buy 5 or 6 new players from the championship,of couse we need morientes,anelka,aimar etc.im just saying in january are squad is thin and we dont have the money to go and buy 3 world class players taking a player like him could be seen as a risk but so was gary mcallister.

can you not see were im coming from at all?Im talkin less than £1 mil
laurence_2k2

Postby espantoso » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:56 pm

Thats what we need : FORWARDS, and i think he suitable for us. Anelka and Morientes... Yes they are good players but they cost much...
RAFA RULEZZ
espantoso

Postby Woollyback » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:01 pm

laurence_2k2 wrote:im not saying we should go and buy 5 or 6 new players from the championship,of couse we need morientes,anelka,aimar etc.im just saying in january are squad is thin and we dont have the money to go and buy 3 world class players taking a player like him could be seen as a risk but so was gary mcallister.

can you not see were im coming from at all?Im talkin less than £1 mil

Yeah but the only gamble with Gary Mac was his age, he was a proven winner at the highest level
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:04 pm

y'know in the olden days players used to regularly come up from 3rd and 4th division teams to 1st division (as it was) teams and do really well. in a lot of ways it was great for football because anyone felt they had a chance to play at the highest level - the step up wasn't SO great. it also meant the lower clubs would regularly get cash injections from the highre clubs.

the game - and the business - is just so so different now. most teams in the prem would look abroad now for an unknown £1m rated player. the gulf between the top and the lower divisions is just so great now and its hard to see anything but a very special player move from the 3rd division, or whatever they bl00dy call it now, to the prem and do well.

its a bit of a shame in my romantic eyes but its the way things are now. we need proven talent who can come straight in at the highest level and perform.

having said all that i would LOVE to see a player come up from the bottom division and set the prem alight - i just don't believe its gonna happen anymore.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laurence_2k2 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:09 pm

yea maybe a proven winger in his prime?And for top level i forgot Coventry city were playing at the top.

yes andy i agree,seem to remember jon stead coming from lower division team to b/burn hasnt really taken the prem by strom,you are very quick to put elliott down have any of yous actully seen him play?
laurence_2k2

Postby Paul C » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:19 pm

He may be a great player Lawrence but he isn't proven and would be too much of a risk and we haven't got money to burn like under GH so any purchase need to be a good one  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ulster Red » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:24 pm

laurence_2k2 wrote:Has anyone else heard of or about Stuart Elliott?He plays for Hull City has hit 23 goals BEFORE christmas!Hes a Northern Ireland internation aswell(not that means anything).Surely some premiership club has to take a chance on him,was reading the paper this morning and there was an article on him,hes been linked with Newcastle Utd,Leeds and Sunderland.Hes 24 and available for less than 1 million pounds.Never know maybe Rafa himself has seen him,we need strenght in our squad and this might sound stupid but we should make a small bid.In that article there was an old Northern Ireland manager cant remember his name at present,he gave him his first cap and he reckons that he should be playing in the same league as Duff, Robben and Giggs!Hes not an out and out striker more of a winger!
Let me hear your thoughts on this

Stuart Elliott used to play for glentoran fc here in n.ireland seen him a few times when he played for them and when he scored for n.ireland against Austria a few months ago. Good player but never anywhere near Liverpool class. Be agreat move for the player but not for liverpool !
Ulster Red

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:44 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Yeah totally agree. Players of the class of Elliot, Gabbidon and Earnshaw are the exact sort of players we should be going for.

Totally.

Get a grip. You think he'd score some of the goals he's scored this season playing against the likes of Terry, Campbell, Ferdinand... You're having a laugh aren't you?

Did you see Terry against us?

He is the most over rated player I have ever seen....
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:47 pm

andy_g wrote:y'know in the olden days players used to regularly come up from 3rd and 4th division teams to 1st division (as it was) teams and do really well. in a lot of ways it was great for football because anyone felt they had a chance to play at the highest level - the step up wasn't SO great. it also meant the lower clubs would regularly get cash injections from the highre clubs.

the game - and the business - is just so so different now. most teams in the prem would look abroad now for an unknown £1m rated player. the gulf between the top and the lower divisions is just so great now and its hard to see anything but a very special player move from the 3rd division, or whatever they bl00dy call it now, to the prem and do well.

its a bit of a shame in my romantic eyes but its the way things are now. we need proven talent who can come straight in at the highest level and perform.

having said all that i would LOVE to see a player come up from the bottom division and set the prem alight - i just don't believe its gonna happen anymore.

Ah yes but the real reason for that is that until the last six months, all academies where allowed to take in boys from anywhere, meaning the big clubs would coax the best youngsters to their academy to save on paying for them a few years down the line.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:59 am

laurence_2k2 wrote:Has anyone else heard of or about Stuart Elliott?He plays for Hull City has hit 23 goals BEFORE christmas!Hes a Northern Ireland internation aswell(not that means anything).

Course it does :D  :D

Anyway he's usually a left winger and unfortunately has injured his cheekbone and is out for six weeks including the Canada game :(

Some talk of him going to Norwich. Not for us, much as I'd love to see him play in a Liverpool shirt.

I have it on good authority he'll be back in time to score the winner on 26th March  :laugh:
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion