Asian invasion - Oriental film

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:22 am

redshade » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:15 am wrote:
The only oriental movies I've  watched are martial Arts based with stunning scenery.

I would like to watch some from different genre.
Are there any oriental movies simlar to marvel world/DC?? Thor, Iron man, super man etc...
Any recommendations?

Marvel/DC type movies (even Asian ones) aren't my thing mate but there must be many Asian superhero movies out there. Google "Chinese Superhero Movies" I'm sure you'll find loads.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:21 pm

Monkey King 2

Another totally OTT CGI extravaganza , loads of fun for kids and adults plus the added bonus of starring the gorgeous Gong Li   :love:

Monkey King 2   10/10 on the popcorn meter.

Trailer

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:12 pm

Check this one out mate

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:43 am

Watched Mobfather the other day Red. Think there was a good movie in there somewhere trying to get out, unfortunately it didn't quite make it.  :D

Some humorous lines and the usual gang fights with knives, cleavers and hammers didn't make up for poor production values and some very stilted acting.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:49 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:43 am wrote:Watched Mobfather the other day Red. Think there was a good movie in there somewhere trying to get out, unfortunately it didn't quite make it.  :D

Some humorous lines and the usual gang fights with knives, cleavers and hammers didn't make up for poor production values and some very stilted acting.

So not recommended mate ? I will give it a miss then ,probably better watching them before throwing them out there  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:02 pm

:D

Mate, if it's only just you, me and a couple of others that keep this thread going, throw out anything you like  :D

We're just panning for gold, we come up with a lot of mud but from time to time we find a real nugget   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:27 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:02 pm wrote::D

Mate, if it's only just you, me and a couple of others that keep this thread going, throw out anything you like  :D

We're just panning for gold, we come up with a lot of mud but from time to time we find a real nugget   :buttrock

I recently watched the brilliant Train To Busan, some of the camera work in that movie left me breathless mate, its not only revived the Zombie genre its given it the  complete Lazarus treatment.  On another note can film makers entitle their creations' part one' if another f*cking part is yet to be made, I of course refer to Jet Li's League of Gods  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:42 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:27 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:02 pm wrote::D

I recently watched the brilliant Train To Busan, some of the camera work in that movie left me breathless mate, its not only revived the Zombie genre its given it the  complete Lazarus treatment.  On another note can film makers entitle their creations' part one' if another f*cking part is yet to be made, I of course refer to Jet Li's League of Gods  ???

:D  League of Gods was a good laugh, meant to post on it in here.

Been struggling to find a really good asian flick lately, I did see links for "Train to Busan" but thought "Aw fk, another zombie movie" and didn't bother to watch BUT given you describe it as "brilliant" I'll be watching it tonight "

Thanks for the heads up Red  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:55 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:42 am wrote:

:D  League of Gods was a good laugh, meant to post on it in here.

Been struggling to find a really good asian flick lately, I did see links for "Train to Busan" but thought "Aw fk, another zombie movie" and didn't bother to watch BUT given you describe it as "brilliant" I'll be watching it tonight "

Thanks for the heads up Red  :)

I did watch The Return Of Chen Zen last week mate and I enjoyed it, don't know whether you've seen it,  but in terms of entertainment its pure escapism. 
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:37 pm

The Return of Chen Zen ! Saw it a few years back Red, Good ole Donnie Yen (aka Lou Diamond Philips lost twin  :D ). Red if your trawling the back catalogue and haven't already seen it look out for a Japanese movie called "Versus".

Zombies with martial arts skills !  :wwww    :buttrock   :laugh:

BTW, watched Train to Busan, more than enjoyed it   :buttrock . Expect a Hollywood remake soon ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:31 pm

:bump

Just bumping this up in case Red Shade is interested.

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:01 pm

Cheers mate.

Btw are you bluffing about leaving?? :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:32 pm

A bit of an odd film but I gave it a chance because I love the comedy in Stephen Chow films,  Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer are two absolute classics, needless to say I   thoroughly enjoyed it.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:15 pm

Kunfu hustle and Shaolin Soccer are epics. I will give the one you posted a shot.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:29 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:32 pm wrote:A bit of an odd film but I gave it a chance because I love the comedy in Stephen Chow films,  Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer are two absolute classics, needless to say I   thoroughly enjoyed it.

Had this down as one to look out for and then it slipped my mind (fkn Alzhiemers  :D  ) cheers once again Red, found and Dloaded it, now a toss up between watching one of two comedies tonight , The Mermaid or England v Germany    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum