Asian invasion - Oriental film

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:59 am

maypaxvobiscum » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:04 am wrote:Hey Woof,

Have you seen Kuro Obi?
It's really good! Check it out here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_lK3IG6C6k&feature=related

Haven't seen it, just watched a bit from your link, very stylised but looks good, will watch the whole movie this weekend, cheers Maypax.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:33 pm

My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:54 pm

I've seen that some months ago when it was showing in the cinemas.
Really good Indonesian show. Some of the fight scenes were incredible!
Plus Mike Shinoda did a fantastic job with the score.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Been a while since I've caught any really good Asian flics but watched again yesterday Stephen Chow's "Journey to the West (Conquering demons as we go)". Another nutty offering from the fella that brought us Kung Fu Hustle.

A good laugh, perfect matinee at home movie for a wet afternoon.

:D

Full movie available on Youtube

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:30 am

Still waiting for the next new Asian offering that will blow my socks off.

Meanwhile I've been trawling around looking at stuff I've missed in the last year or so. Found a whole bunch of some really good, 7 to 8 out of 10, stuff. All available for complete watch via Utube or torrent DL'd .

Some great action in Korean war movie "The Front Line"

If you like you costume actioneers another Korean offering "Blades of Blood" is worth the watch

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:14 pm

Raid 2 anyone?

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivi1G2Vq5d4[/youtube]
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:44 am

I've been waiting for a while now for another asian movie to come along and blow me away and finally it's arrived   :buttrock   :buttrock   :buttrock

Visually stunning, not to be missed

(p.s. it's not your monitor the clip does start in black and white)

trailer 2

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:34 pm

One of our neighbours had a mini crisis ,and couldn't get a babysitter at such short notice ,so myself and the wife offered to help , and looking for something that would hold the attention of two easily distracted 8  year olds isn't an easy task ,so I googled Shrek which is their absolute favourite ,and found this little gem with the man who supplied the animation for that very cartoon. I did however have reservations about the subtitles ,but they both sat transfixed for nearly 2 hours and if I'm being honest so did I  :D

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:11 pm

:laugh:  PMSL all the way through that trailer. Thanks for the heads up RBG, love that kinda sh'it will deffo be on the lookout for it.

Reminds me very much of "Journey to the West, Conquering the Demons" which btw  is another must see great action comedy caper from China

Trailer

Full Movie

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:40 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:11 pm wrote::laugh:  PMSL all the way through that trailer. Thanks for the heads up RBG, love that kinda sh'it will deffo be on the lookout for it.

Reminds me very much of "Journey to the West, Conquering the Demons" which btw  is another must see great action comedy caper from China

Trailer

Full Movie

I watched The Admiral Roaring Currents have you seen it mate ,absolutely a must see fella ,Choi Min Sik's best role since Oldboy ,a truly phenomenal war movie.

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:35 am

:nod  Good movie RBG, apparently relates the story of an actual naval battle that took place between the Koreans and the Japanese 300 years ago.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby sidneyrain » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:52 pm

Korean and Japanese films are usually good. They have a wide range of stories with unique ideas and such. An example title: Sympathy for Lady Vengeance starring Lee Young Ae. It's a 2004 film, I think?

Edit: Still thinking of the other good Asian films I have seen in the past... Hmmm
sidneyrain
LFC Basic Member

Postby clarky_boy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:52 pm

Asian horror movies are truly terrifying, I couldn't forget that Thai horror film called, "Shutter". Man, up to now, it gives me chill every time I think about it.  :ghostface:  :ghostface:  :ghostface:
clarky_boy
LFC Basic Member

Postby sidneyrain » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:56 am

clarky_boy wrote:Asian horror movies are truly terrifying, I couldn't forget that Thai horror film called, "Shutter". Man, up to now, it gives me chill every time I think about it.  :ghostface:  :ghostface:  :ghostface:

I've been hearing of the original Thai version several times yet I still haven't seen it. They say it is definitely terrifying. I think my sister told me about it, too. Well I still have to see it for myself.

What about "Master of Horro: Imprint"? Arrrgghhh  :suspect:
sidneyrain
LFC Basic Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:51 pm

sidneyrain » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:52 am wrote:Korean and Japanese films are usually good. They have a wide range of stories with unique ideas and such. An example title: Sympathy for Lady Vengeance starring Lee Young Ae. It's a 2004 film, I think?

Great Movie, it's the third in director Park Chan Wooks' "Vengeance" Trilogy. The others "Sympathy for Mr Vengeance" (2002) is also deffo worth watching and "Oldboy" (2003) is absolutely Outstanding !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum