Traore and mejani

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby flipmode » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:34 am

http://home.skysports.com/transferarticle.aspx?hlid=402945

Medjani apparantly leaving.

Also i have heard that Traore is a target for Bolton.
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:35 am

Great to see Rafa is kicking players out who aren't good enough. I just hope both moves end up happening.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flipmode » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:40 am

Also hopefully bring in a few pennies to fund some more buys.
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:51 am

Doubt these 2 will raise much money in the way of transfer fees, but Traore at least is probably on a decent wage so it will save money if they go.  There are several more who need to follow them out the door, our squad is already too big but we still need to bring in at least 2 players imo to improve certain areas.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:17 pm

Apparently Fat Sam will give us 1 million for Traore, well he will only have to pay 6 hundred thousand for the fast buck he made on Hamann god I cant bare him  :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby deejay-cgt » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:07 pm

least with traore we making a profit we brought him for half a mil.
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:24 pm

just read on newsnow £3million Traore switch to Bolton. Anyone got a fast car to get him to Bolton before fat Sam changes his mind? :D
account deleted by request

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:28 pm

How about a police car with the sirens blazing, that would quickly get the road clear. :D

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby dward » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:06 pm

wrong topic
Last edited by dward on Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:34 pm

mejani :D

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:54 am

s@int wrote:£3million Traore

Surely you're joking?
jonnymac1979

Postby anti-hero » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:01 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:
s@int wrote:£3million Traore

Surely you're joking?

Ay, we were once dumb enough to pay 14 million for Cisse.  :D

So.. nyah.  :rasp

:D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:43 am

That was Gerard Houllier who signed Cisse, and if I wanted, I could post you an essay in ten minutes flat, start to finish on him if I hadn't had a few pints.  I'm too tired though.

This is a quote from Rafael Benitez from today's Liverpool Echo.

Rafael Benitez wrote:"I am not the kind of manager who says I will use this player just because I signed him.

I need not say any more.  But I will.

Maybe, Josemi, Nunez and Morientes would have thrived on their massive wages under Houllier.  He wouldn't have sold them - I mean, that would be admitting you were at fault signing them!!!!

Fill the rest of the blanks in when Benitez sells his mistakes.  Because he will do it.  He's not too proud to admit when he's at fault.

Hang on.  What?  Knocked out of the FA Cup by Burnley? 

Let's go and win the bastard next season.  Show them who they're talking about and ridiculing.  Benitez is the boy.

Houllier though?  We had eleven Houllier signings out on loan to other clubs last season.  Eleven fucking players!!!!!!!  Is that a record?  If anyone wants to write into the Guardian websites Q&A section (I might do it myself actually) I'd be delighted to be proved wrong. 

Just say it though.  Eleven players.  Top class squads have about thirty professionals.  Imagine eleven of them at other clubs.

And now our record signing (signed by Monsieur Gerard) has just gone to Marseille or somwhere s*i*e on fucking loan. 

No way Traore is worth £3million. 

Good luck Djimi, you've got a Champions League Winners medal around your neck, that's there forever, and not even the likes of Roy Keane (Ha, fucking, ha by the way...), Michael Owen, Pavel Nedved and many other players more talented than you will ever be will be able to say that when they retire.

For that alone you will have an inflated market value, but you were cursed from day one by being branded "the next Desailly" or "the next Thuram" by Gerard Houllier, the laughing stock of footballer comparisons.

Cheyrou?  Zidane? 

Diao?  Vieira?

Benitez wasn't going down that road with Sissoko and Vieira, he steered well clear in fact, as it was an unfair tag to label on the young lad, but after one season, whose judgment do you trust?  Benitez has wrote off our record signing this week.

I'm saying no more on this tonight.
jonnymac1979

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:28 am

Excellent post Jonny

Good luck Djimi. You always gave 100% and your performance in the CL final (I recall the goal line clearance) merits the winners medal you have. :;):
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:18 pm

Thanks mate, straight from the heart that post.  I know Houllier was good for ages but he lost the plot for a bit and we were boring to watch.  We were going nowhere with him in charge in the end.

And one more thing about Gerard Houller.  I had never seen him play, but was anyone else a little annoyed that Alou Diarra played in the World Cup final?  I know nowadays we have Sissoko and Alonso as deep sitting midfielders but one of our old players who spent about five years with us and played about five pre-season friendlies has just played in a World Cup final.  Surely Houllier could have seen something at Melwood in him, if this is the level he is now playing at? 

Why did we never give him any chances?  Even one chance at least?  It just makes me find fault with Houllier even more.  I can't help it, I used to have an e-season ticket and watching his press conferences were embarassing sometimes.  I don't like to look back in anger as I'm quite a passive person in the flesh believe it or not, but I get really frustrated thinking about how dreadful we were during the last two Houllier years and the fact we had to put up with so many pathetic excuses from him. 

And his reign culminated in Michael Owens departure, by the way the first player in nearly forty years, a world class striker to realise that in order to further his career, he would have to leave Liverpool.  Of course it's spectacularly backfired on him, but who was the last player before him, discounting Steve MacManaman and to a lesser extent Ian Rush, who left Liverpool at thier peak to further their career? 

It shouldn't EVER happen.  It nearly happened with Steven Gerrard as well, as we all know too well.  All because of five year plans and behaving like a strict headmaster and living off your admittedly excellent administrative and organisational skills, when he was clearly limited as a tactician and a motivator to be a true innovative leader, thinker and manager like Rafael Benitez.  From various bits and pieces I've read, Houllier ended his days at Melwood almost as an office administrator rather than a training ground coach or manager.

Thank Christ Benitez is getting rid of the deadwood like Medjani and Traore I say.  Medjani is a centre back if I'm not mistaken?  Already, we appear to have spotted young giants in Godwin Antwi and Jack Hobbs in less than a year and big things are predicted of them.  Benitez just appears to have a midas touch Houllier can only dream of.
jonnymac1979

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill