Traore and mejani

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:31 pm

Some good rants there Jonny :laugh:   Agreed with every word.  Glad you mentioned Diarra, it's an absolute joke that that lad didn't even get a chance here.  Granted I don't think he looks world class or anything, but surely he'd have done a better job than the likes of Diao and Cheyrou who Houllier frequently played in our midfield.  Christ so would I.

I'd also like to point out that on another thread right now there are people criticising our board over the new stadium and calling for them to be sacked.  That same board made one of the most crucial signings in our history when they brought Benitez here and they deserve credit for it.  The wrong choice there and we could be a mid-table side right now given the playing staff and the morale Houllier left us with in the end.

Good riddance to Medjani and Traore, no offence to them but they were never good enough for this club and there are a few others who need to go too.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:52 am

Well-in Jonny.

COuldn't have put it better myself.

(I'd have added several-thousand insults, though. :D)
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:12 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:Thanks mate, straight from the heart that post.  I know Houllier was good for ages

i remember the best thing houllier said was ''we will beat manchester united''

the following season we did, with a rocket

Even though houllier lost the plot at LFC, he was always a gentleman
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:41 pm

Skysports.com understand Premiership duo Charlton and Bolton are chasing Liverpool's Djimi Traore.

Liverpool are thought to be ready to listen to offers for the tall Frenchman.

The arrival of Fabio Aurelio at Anfield has increased competition for places and the FA Cup holders could be willing to do business for Traore.

Traore, who can play at full back or centre back, has no shortage of admirers after several seasons in Liverpool's first team.

With no guarantee of regular action at Anfield Traore is looking to move in search of first team action.

The player's agent Willie McKay revealed Bolton and Charlton has contacted him about Traore.

"Charlton and Bolton have been in contact with me regarding Djimi," McKay told skysports.com.

"Djimi is considering moving on for regular first team action.

"Rafa Benitez has told him he can move if they receive the right offer.

"The problem is that Djimi is on a good contract at Liverpool and he feels they may be pricing him out of a move with their price-tag on him."
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:53 pm

Judge wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:Thanks mate, straight from the heart that post.  I know Houllier was good for ages

i remember the best thing houllier said was ''we will beat manchester united''

the following season we did, with a rocket

Even though houllier lost the plot at LFC, he was always a gentleman

Rafa said something similar, 'We will beat Chelsea' , we did, then we beat AC Milan as well.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:28 am

On sky sports today with regards to Traore:

He has made 160 appearances for Liverpool since being signed by Gerard Houllier from Laval for £550,000 in .February 1999.

Frightening. :down:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:17 pm

From SSN:

Skysports.com can reveal Charlton are closing in on the signature of Liverpool's Djimi Traore.

The Addicks are keen to sign the tall Frenchman after Liverpool indicated they would be willing to let him move on.

The arrival of Fabio Aurelio at Anfield has increased competition for places and Liverpool are ready to trim their squad.

Bolton expressed an interest in signing Traore, but Charlton have jumped to the head of the queue to sign the versatile defender.

The player's agent Willie McKay revealed talks over a move to The Valley are at an advanced stage.

"Djimi is close to a move to Charlton," McKay told skysports.com "It is a loan move with the option of a permanent deal.

"I have had talks with Iain Dowie and [Charlton chief executive] Andrew Mills about Djimi.

"Iain is very keen to sign Djimi and we are hopeful that it can be pushed through this week so that he can make his debut against Valencia this weekend.

"I am just waiting to hear back from Rick Parry at Liverpool before the move can happen."

Dowie has seemingly turned his attention to Traore after failing to land Fulham-bound Middlesbrough defender Franck Queudrue.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby irr88 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:33 pm

what do you think about medjani..?? i've bought him in football manager and he's very good :D
irr88

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:16 pm

Traore exit moving closer. I would have thought we could have got more than £2million for him. Still its another step in the right direction.
Djimi Traore is on the verge of joining Charlton Athletic.

Djimi Traore has been told by Rafael Benitez that he is surplus to his plans and can leave Anfield if the Reds receive a suitable offer. The Reds have received a suitable offer, and Traore is all set to join Charlton for £2m.
account deleted by request

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:52 pm

stmichael wrote:On sky sports today with regards to Traore:

He has made 160 appearances for Liverpool since being signed by Gerard Houllier from Laval for £550,000 in .February 1999.

Frightening. :down:

WTH, can't believe he's been at Liverpool FC since 1999.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:54 pm

Would he have got a testimonial if he'd been kept for another 3 season?   :;):

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby onizukaeikichi » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:42 pm

irr88, i agree , he was damn good in my fm game as well. did anyone watch him play before? i am always wondering if benitez is realeasing the right players or not, for example, diarra, i thought he was doing well there until rafa got rid of him
onizukaeikichi

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill