Theo Walcott

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:57 am

Walcott?   Yeah sure that makes lots of sense. Walcott, Downing, Aqualani and Joe Cole..... what a dream team of wastes of money they'd make together.

Don't move it to the rumours section, delete it!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:58 am

Walcott can create with his pace. With Gerrard and Aggers fantastic passing Walcott would be a handy player he would catch teams out with pace

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Aussie Style » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:01 am

Surprised not many would want him here. Explosivly quick right forward that has a year to go on his contract, premier league experience, young, was a Liverpool fan ("When Liverpool won the Champions League last year, I went mad. I was shouting so loud I think I woke up the entire village where I live!") 24 goals and 22 assists in his last two seasons..I'd love us to sign him.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:23 am

Aussie Style » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:01 am wrote:24goals and 22 assists in his last two seasons..I'd love us to sign him.

If that stat is correct then that is a fantastic record better than any one of our current squad

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:34 am

RichardLFC1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:23 pm wrote:
Aussie Style » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:01 am wrote:24goals and 22 assists in his last two seasons..I'd love us to sign him.

If that stat is correct then that is a fantastic record better than any one of our current squad

... and they wouldn't sell him!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:03 am

Reg » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:57 am wrote:Walcott?   Yeah sure that makes lots of sense. Walcott, Downing, Aqualani and Joe Cole..... what a dream team of wastes of money they'd make together.

Don't move it to the rumours section, delete it!

We disagree Reginald.

Walcott is poorly used at Arsenal, if we could make use of his pace up front. I.e. an Owen type, I think he could be a great fit. Arsenal ruined that kid.

I like the fact he grew up a Liverpool fan (and not in a Robbie Keane way), always useful to know your players are passionate about the club.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:18 am

Reg » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:34 am wrote:
RichardLFC1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:23 pm wrote:

... and they wouldn't sell him!

With a year left i think they would. If were offering something like 8 million which i have heard and he has openly said he would like to leave Arsenal would be stupid not to cash in on him.

Only on two occasions has a player wanted to leave and stayed and played great the next year Cristiano Ronaldo and Luka Modric Ronaldo went to Madrid the following season and it looks as if Modric may follow

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:22 am

some good reporters are posting that Walcott is happy to talk to us and that a deal could be done easy..............but we dont have the money to pay for him yet.

sorry but have G&H comeback over night?
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:23 am

lakes10 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:22 am wrote:some good reporters are posting that Walcott is happy to talk to us and that a deal could be done easy..............but we dont have the money to pay for him yet.

sorry but have G&H comeback over night?

Consider that a ploy to get his fee down a bit

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:27 am

He currently gets 100 grand a week and he wants a pay rise ?!?

The would put him alongside Gerrard and more than Suarez !!

Our owners wouldn't give Sigurdsson more than 40 grand - no way will they give Walcott over 100grand
Benny The Noon

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am

Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:27 am wrote:He currently gets 100 grand a week and he wants a pay rise ?!?

Our owners wouldn't give Sigurdsson more than 40 grand - no way will they give Walcott over 100grand

I think it was Rodgers who didnt want to pay the Wages dont think he thought it would be worth it.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:32 am

Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:27 am wrote:He currently gets 100 grand a week and he wants a pay rise ?!?

no mate he only get 65K a week but thinks he should get 100k (going by Sky)
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:57 am

to me his feet work quicker than his brain, his decision making is often poor.
because wenger payed decent money for him (at a time when wenger seemed to have the midas touch) he was hyped up as something special, just as everyone was getting onto the fact that he wasnt as good as everyone was making out he scores a hat trick for england in a vital world cup qualifier, the papers go wild and he`s been living off that ever since.
he might score a few goals but to me he seems the type of player that chips in with the last 2 goals in a 5-0 win.
by the sounds of it we havent got tons of money so i`d rather we went for a creative midfielder like this gaston ramirez instead, rodgers wants us to play like barcelona but where is our iniesta and xavi who can open up defences? if we do lose aquilani i struggle to see where our creativity is coming from, dempseys not a creative player he`s a hard worker who gets on the end of things, as is borini, walcott plays with his head down and just goes where his pace takes him (usually down blind alleys) and despite his cameo in the euro`s i`m not convinced gerrard is the answer any more, his last 2-3 seasons have been injury plagued and very sketchy in terms of form.
i know a lot of this is still just speculation and so far we have only brought one player to the club but i kind of imagined we`d be linked to more ball players and more creative types than the ones we`ve been linked to.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:03 pm

I like Walcott, not sure Arsnal will want rid of him but you never know. also we aren't losing Aqua either. I bet he'll feature next season.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Wow you'd think we have already signed Walcott with the speed of this thread popping up  :laugh:

I'd have no problems signing him for around 13-14 Million.
killerp

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill