Silva

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby GYBS » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:44 pm

What do people think of him here ?

It was a very big bone of contention on the place i was on before with not many people rating him at all - in fact there was prob only a couple of us who thought he would be worth buying .

The way i see it is it the one type of player we are missing now - tricky , left sided ,pace , good eye for a pass , good shot, works hard , doesnt give away possesion , just the type of player rafa would love plus he is only 22 .

Now we arent spending stupid money on barry do you hink silva is worth a shot
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:47 pm

He is more the type of player that we need for the team but to be honest I only really seen him at Euro 2008 where he was okay.

How much is he?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:48 pm

Yes he class get him asap no barry silva is what we need a player who can run the side line cut inside make some thing from nothing.

Reminds me of a giggs type player but can use his right foot , can play on right and left .

If he got beefed up a little could be as good as ronaldo.

Its simple logic 20 mil for ok english lad who is 28 or 20 mil for spanish class player who is 5 years younger.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:49 pm

Dundalk wrote:He is more the type of player that we need for the team but to be honest I only really seen him at Euro 2008 where he was okay.

How much is he?

Only okay mate?

I thought he was great at Euro 08.

I think with Silva is that he can put up with the physical side of the  Premier League. His ability down the left side would be a huge plus for Liverpool.
skatesy

Postby GYBS » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:50 pm

Dundalk wrote:He is more the type of player that we need for the team but to be honest I only really seen him at Euro 2008 where he was okay.

How much is he?

i reckon he can be got for between 15 -20 mil which to me is well worth it - watched him a few times for valencia last year and he is still a bit raw but definatly got plenty of talent .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:52 pm

skatesy wrote:

How much is he?

Only okay mate?

I think with Silva is that he can put up with the physical side of the  Premier League. His ability down the left side would be a huge plus for Liverpool.

he was good at the euros - played very well against russia but was a bit ordinary in final but still played it simple . dont think he would have a prob with the physical side at all - he may look tiny but he is strong in possession
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:14 pm

GYBS wrote:
skatesy wrote:

How much is he?

Only okay mate?

he was good at the euros - played very well against russia but was a bit ordinary in final but still played it simple . dont think he would have a prob with the physical side at all - he may look tiny but he is strong in possession

I think that sums Silva up perfectly. He's a very good player and clearly a burgeoning star of world football. He more often than not has a quality game but every now and again he'll be a bit quiet, at 22 though that is to be expected and should Rafa go for him and be able to cut a deal of around £15-20 million for him then it'd be the steal of the summer.  :nod
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:16 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
skatesy wrote:

How much is he?

Only okay mate?

I think that sums Silva up perfectly. He's a very good player and clearly a burgeoning star of world football. He more often than not has a quality game but every now and again he'll be a bit quiet, at 22 though that is to be expected and should Rafa go for him and be able to cut a deal of around £15-20 million for him then it'd be the steal of the summer.  :nod

yep spot on - as oyu can prob tell im a big fan of his  :bowdown
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:26 pm

Well as I said I havent seen enough of him to say to much but he didnt overly impress me at the Euros but he is a good age and is what we are looking for - a winger
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:02 pm

No thanks he looks like luis Garcia mark 2, i couldnt see him putting in a shift away to Sunderland etc . Ive a feeling the people who rate him the most are footy manager types.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:09 pm

Rush Job wrote:No thanks he looks like luis Garcia mark 2, i couldnt see him putting in a shift away to Sunderland etc . Ive a feeling the people who rate him the most are footy manager types.

why wouldnt he put in a shift against sunderland ?

the one thing garcia did that annoyed everyone is trying the flashy :censored: at wrong times and and loosing the ball and not keeping it simple - well silva doesnt do that and doesnt get brushed of the ball
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:10 pm

P.S. - Never play footy manager
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:11 pm

Rush Job wrote:No thanks he looks like luis Garcia mark 2, i couldnt see him putting in a shift away to Sunderland etc . Ive a feeling the people who rate him the most are footy manager types.

i reckon hes class but thats because ive seen him play

and i reckon football manager is :censored:
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby RedRoots » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:26 pm

LegBarnes wrote:Yes he class get him asap no barry silva is what we need a player who can run the side line cut inside make some thing from nothing.

Reminds me of a giggs type player but can use his right foot , can play on right and left .

If he got beefed up a little could be as good as ronaldo.

Its simple logic 20 mil for ok english lad who is 28 or 20 mil for spanish class player who is 5 years younger.

Get a grip man, "could be as good as Ronaldo" what are you basing that on?
RedRoots

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:32 pm

Silva on one side, Van Der Vaart on the other.

Goodbye Pennant to Blackburn for 8M.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill