Silva

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby skatesy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:35 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Silva on one side, Van Der Vaart on the other.

Goodbye Pennant to Blackburn for 8M.

Van Der Vaart is being heavily linked with Real Madrid.
skatesy

Postby GYBS » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:40 pm

RedRoots wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:Yes he class get him asap no barry silva is what we need a player who can run the side line cut inside make some thing from nothing.

Reminds me of a giggs type player but can use his right foot , can play on right and left .

If he got beefed up a little could be as good as ronaldo.

Its simple logic 20 mil for ok english lad who is 28 or 20 mil for spanish class player who is 5 years younger.

Get a grip man, "could be as good as Ronaldo" what are you basing that on?

well not sure if he could be as good as ronaldo - cant really say that
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:44 pm

skatesy wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:Silva on one side, Van Der Vaart on the other.

Goodbye Pennant to Blackburn for 8M.

Van Der Vaart is being heavily linked with Real Madrid.

for a dirt cheap 10 m Euros
JoeTerp

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:56 pm

Silva, Arshavin, Van der Vaart - I'd take any of them.

Silva is far from Luis Garcia mk2, IMO - he's far better in possession, he has much better balance and control on the ball.

Arshavin would fit in on the left or right in a 4-3-2-1, or as a second striker (his best position) in the same formation or a 4-4-2.

Van der Vaart would fit in on the left in any formation, and can also play in the middle.
LFC2007

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:56 pm

Silva is a bit brainless for me. Bags of skill, but not that clever.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:18 pm

He looks to me to be a neat enough player, but too small to flourish in the premiership. To be his size and influence games on a regular basis in England, you've got to be an absolutely fantastic footballer. Just about the only one I can think of who managed it was Gianfranco Zola, who was indeed a wonderful player. I think if we sign Silva, he'll spend plenty of time sitting on his erse out by the wing somewhere, shaking his head at the referee and wondering why it isn't a foul.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:35 pm

bigmick wrote:He looks to me to be a neat enough player, but too small to flourish in the premiership. To be his size and influence games on a regular basis in England, you've got to be an absolutely fantastic footballer. Just about the only one I can think of who managed it was Gianfranco Zola, who was indeed a wonderful player. I think if we sign Silva, he'll spend plenty of time sitting on his erse out by the wing somewhere, shaking his head at the referee and wondering why it isn't a foul.

Agree, as for Zola yes he was short but he always had a decent build, Silva looks the same height as Garcia but is much thiner, he looks about 6 stone. Its no great shock he hasnt really been linked with the prem.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:01 pm

bigmick wrote:He looks to me to be a neat enough player, but too small to flourish in the premiership. To be his size and influence games on a regular basis in England, you've got to be an absolutely fantastic footballer. Just about the only one I can think of who managed it was Gianfranco Zola, who was indeed a wonderful player. I think if we sign Silva, he'll spend plenty of time sitting on his erse out by the wing somewhere, shaking his head at the referee and wondering why it isn't a foul.

Well, he seems fair strong on the ball to me, and looks a fantastic footballer.
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:22 pm

Rush Job wrote:

Agree, as for Zola yes he was short but he always had a decent build, Silva looks the same height as Garcia but is much thiner, he looks about 6 stone. Its no great shock he hasnt really been linked with the prem.

Oh but he has been linked with the Prem :;): And id love him here but were looking at 18 Million tops
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:26 am

RedRoots wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:Yes he class get him asap no barry silva is what we need a player who can run the side line cut inside make some thing from nothing.

Reminds me of a giggs type player but can use his right foot , can play on right and left .

If he got beefed up a little could be as good as ronaldo.

Its simple logic 20 mil for ok english lad who is 28 or 20 mil for spanish class player who is 5 years younger.

Get a grip man, "could be as good as Ronaldo" what are you basing that on?

Didn't see ronaldo dominate in euros did you silva did he could be as good easy if he gets with good manager and beefs up a little.

Love also as ronaldo is top scorer in english prem he all of sudden best player in world its laughtable more so the mugs that believe it.

He gets most of his goals vrs the bottom 10 in league.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:00 am

the one thing about silva which is impressive is his ability to hold onto the ball and strength on the ball despite his size
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby John Kegs » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:48 am

LegBarnes wrote:Didn't see ronaldo dominate in euros did you silva did he could be as good easy if he gets with good manager and beefs up a little.

What? I swear to god I must be knackered this morning, cant make sense of anything
John Kegs

Postby liado » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:20 pm

[quote="bigmick"][/quote]
"He looks to me to be a neat enough player, but too small to flourish in the premiership. To be his size and influence games on a regular basis in England, you've got to be an absolutely fantastic footballer. "

He is a fantastic football player and he will become one of the best football players on earth under  a  right coach.

I can think of who managed it was Gianfranco Zola, who was ind"Just about the only oneeed a wonderful player. I think if we sign Silva, he'll spend plenty of time sitting on his erse out by the wing somewhere, shaking his head at the referee and wondering why it isn't a foul."

I think there is not a football player in EPL who Silva can not dribble and yes, unfortunately, he would spend a lot of time on the floor and that is a power reason for not seeing him playinf around. I hope I am wrong.
liado

Postby whylongball? » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:21 am

if he put some weight just Joe Cole did, he would be a hell of a player..Its possible..just take more protein and do some weight :)
whylongball?

Postby Paul C » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:23 pm

Juninho  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill