Saviola - Would you?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby deejay-cgt » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:03 pm

well just thought as we need new forward for sure and looks like a player who isnt going cost much thought see who could be possible to get in how about Saviola?

barca dont want him so what you think?

Barcelona have insisted that Javier Saviola will not be playing at Camp Nou this season, regardless of what he does at the World Cup.

The 24-year-old produced a sparkling performance in Argentina's 2-1 victory over Ivory Coast on Saturday and is threatening to be one of the stars of the tournament.

He remains contracted to Barca but spent last season on loan at Sevilla and looks set to be heading out of Catalonia again, perhaps permanently.

Any lingering notion that he may have had a future at Barcelona surely disappeared this week when Eidur Gudjohnsen arrived for £8.2 million, and the club have now confirmed that he does not figure in coach Frank Rijkaard's plans.

Sports director Txiki Beguiristain confirmed that they would be looking to send Saviola somewhere offering more regular football.

"The goals of Saviola will not change our decision," he said.

"We have no intention to have the player return to us.

"Our objective now is to search for a club where he could get more minutes."

this his past record

Years      Club         Apps (goals)
1998–01  River Plate  76 (44)
2001–04  Barca        105 (47)
2004-05  Monaco      29  (7)
2005-06  Sevilla        29  (9)

International record (not including current world cup)
31 Caps 10 Goals
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:10 pm

I think yes what about you?

I think he is a great player but the gamble is the same, would he adapt? He definately has the quality, 24 years of age, he is pacey and certainly knows where the goal is. The runs he makes are really intelligent, perfect for the likes of alonso and gerrard to thread a pass through for him.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:11 pm

Well if you are looking for a top striker, and that striker is playing in the Argentinian selection, then you cannot find much better strikers than that. Saviola is an Argentinian international, and I personaly like him. Good season in Sevilla, didn't tryumph in Bar$a, but at Robson-mourinho times nobody did.

Pacy, small, and good finishing. His cons would be the workrate and the doubts about the adaptation to England. I would say yes, he'd be an impact here, but so I thought with Morientes
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:29 am

deejay-cgt wrote:well just thought as we need new forward for sure and looks like a player who isnt going cost much thought see who could be possible to get in how about Saviola?

I dont think that he's going to cost us cheaply.

If he puts in a sterling performance in this World Cup, its only sensible for Barcelona to sell him for as much as they can get.

We'll be left sorely disappointed then.

But I wouldnt mind him coming to Anfield. He's short, but his pace makes up for his obvious lack of height, and his sharp finishing pretty much makes up for some of his weaknesses.

I think, he'd probably be paired up with Crouch most of the time if he does come to Anfield. Classic combination.

Though I would really like to see how he performs alongside Robbie Fowler. Two world-class poachers infront one of the best  midfields in the modern game.

That's a pretty scary attack.

:D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby luvliverpool » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:57 am

I would liek to see Saviola play for us, quality striker and I think he'd have no problem adapting
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby Paul C » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:51 am

I like Saviola but I'm not sure if he'd suit the EPL ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:51 pm

Without a doubt.
I like the prospect of watching LFC counter attack with Gonzalez, Alves and Saviola :D
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:07 pm

In a heartbeat!

The boy is class. Can he adapt? I think so, looks a tough, terrier-like little bugger.

Never could understand why he doens't figure in Barca's plans. They must be the only team in the world who don't have a place for him in the 1st eleven.

???
ConnO'var

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:30 pm

is he available for free?
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:41 pm

I've always been a great fan of Saviola. Since his time in River (his partnership with aimar was amazing) and in the under 20's world cup in which he was top scorer he has been class. He was really unlucky at Barcelona, had two seasons with slow starts, got better in the second half of those two seasons but it wasn't enough. SInce then he has been lent to  different teams. He is very quick and smart with the ball, plus he shouldn't be too expensive if he isn't given away on a free.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby kobashi » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:03 pm

Savi has always said he has no interest in playing in england!  he is a good player but he only gonna get you 12-15 goals max.  put savi in the team with a goal scorer than yeah i think it would be great.
kobashi

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:48 pm

I deffo think yes!!
His goalscoring record is impressive and i think he suffered like quite a few quality players at Barcelona because of the turbulent times the club were going through 4-5 years ago. The fact that he never fitted in at barca has nothing to do with him being a poor player. As with all argentine players that arrive at Barca they are automatically lumbered with the "New Maradonna" tag which piles a massive amount of pressure on their shoulders before they even kick a ball. This then means that any poor games that they have leads to them being absolutely slated by the press and fans alike.
I'd take a gamble on him at the right price (£7-9million) if we've got the cash as well as another forward. Although i'm firmly in the unsure category over Bellamy I think when it comes to the premiership he will be the one that will be more likely to hit the ground running than a foreign import.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lovebetis » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:27 pm

He is a fantastic player, and Barsa is choosing team for him.
He is my neighbour! but I think that he will go out of Seville, because Sevilla Fc doesn´t want him.
Now, the newspapers are saying that Betis is interested in this player, but I really think that this is false.
Real Betis: I always will be with you
lovebetis

Postby anti-hero » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:42 pm

lovebetis wrote:He is a fantastic player, and Barsa is choosing team for him.
He is my neighbour! but I think that he will go out of Seville, because Sevilla Fc doesn´t want him.
Now, the newspapers are saying that Betis is interested in this player, but I really think that this is false.

He's your neighbor?

Really?  ???   :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lovebetis » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:11 pm

yes, he is my neighbour and also maresca! I have got a photo with maresca! :laugh:
Real Betis: I always will be with you
lovebetis

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill