Reinforcement Plans

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:02 am

Ray Pugh » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:16 pm wrote:Leandro Damiao now linked.

That's now officially the 376th striker linked for January.

:)

he's a good player who knowns where the net is...in Brazil. But could he cope with the Premier League?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ray Pugh » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:47 am

Latest Report:

Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva believes his national team mate Leandro Damião could be a hit at English Premier League and would strengthen Liverpool’s strike force if bought in near future.

The Reds are currently left with Luis Suarez as the only recognized fit striker in the side and are heavily reliant on him to deliver goods each and every time. New summer signing Fabio Borini is side-lined due to injury while Andy Carroll has been loaned to West Ham for the rest of the season.

In an interview with FourFourTwo, Lucas praised his fellow compatriot and believes the youngster can bolster Brendan Rodgers’ young squad to good effect.

“The consensus in Brazil would be Neymar. He is a different player now: a promise turned into reality. But I know signing him would be very hard, almost impossible,” the 25-year-old midfielder said.

“So among the other players who are currently in Brazil I would choose Leandro Damião. He would suit the Premier League very well, as he is a strong centre-forward who finishes very well and knows how to play with his back to goal.”

While Damião has been chased by fellow rivals Tottenham Hotspur, the player himself has stated that he desires a dream move to Real Madrid at some point in his career.
Ray Pugh

Postby parchpea » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Rodgers quote as saying we dont have much money in January but they may get one in
but not several, no cash.

That will go down well  ???
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:28 pm

I thought I read somewhere that the owners are willing to spend a few quid, no?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:52 pm

parchpea » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:59 pm wrote:Rodgers quote as saying we dont have much money in January but they may get one in
but not several, no cash.

That will go down well  ???

bunglemark2 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:28 pm wrote:I thought I read somewhere that the owners are willing to spend a few quid, no?

FFS They may get 1 in? I'm starting to think they are not at all interested in taking this team back into the top 4.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Let's not be stupid.  If the owners say we have a bunch of money we'll have another window where we pay 20 million for players like Downing and Hendo, and 35 for Carroll.  People already know we need a striker bad and will hold us for ransom for that, we don't need to make the situation worse.

We say we only have a few pounds to spend and hopefully we won't get robbed again, like paying 15 for f*cking Sturridge.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:54 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:28 pm wrote:I thought I read somewhere that the owners are willing to spend a few quid, no?

i think they did hint that they were going to spend a few bob in january (to make up for the debacle on the last day of the transfer window) but there have been one or two developments since then that may have changed the landscape somewhat.
for a start one of john henry`s investment companies closed down and the jewel in fsg`s crown (the boston red sox baseball team) were bottom of their league and probably need funds to strengthen their squad, the re-development of anfield is just around the corner too and that is going to cost a small fortune.
fsg need to get their chequebook out and invest heavily on both sides of the atlantic, it will be interesting to see what they do.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Lets wait and see what happens.   
To be honest, January is not really the kinda window for rebuilding... but we should at least be bringing one attacking player in. 

And hopefully not some 2M 19 year old.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby The Raven » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:55 pm

FSG are hardly going to say "we got loads of cash to spend" are they!

All that does is tell the clubs we are dealing with that they can push the price up.
The Raven

Postby redno7 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:03 pm

people dont see that though raven. it's all 'I want this and I want it now' mentality.

We'll get our required bucket of cash when Brendan asks for it, you just see.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:41 pm

I don't think we are being unfair in expecting a decent amount of cash to be pumped in and any custodians of this club must understand and be willing to keep the flames burning.

Personally I am not convinced their ambitions meet expectation but I hope and pray to be proved wrong and eat those words in January and beyond.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:33 am

It's comical the number of players we are linked with every day.
Pretty sad though that none of them excite me a whole lot....
Mauro Zarate of Lazio is the latest tonight....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redno7 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:03 pm

I know what you mean, its like when we bought Kevin Keegan...
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:16 pm

redno7 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:03 pm wrote:people dont see that though raven. it's all 'I want this and I want it now' mentality.

We'll get our required bucket of cash when Brendan asks for it, you just see.

we need to spend just to hang on to the coat tails of the likes of everton and west brom at the moment never mind the city`s and united`s. even with the league`s top scorer in our side we are woefully short of end product, just look at the amount of draws we`ve had, especially against teams we should really be beating (swansea, stoke, sunderland, newcastle)
you say `people want it all and they want it now` but the truth is they dont, liverpool fans dont expect the earth these days, but the least they expect is a competative side.
we are practically in december (and the end of that month is usually regarded as the halfway point in the season), we havent even got into the top half of the table at any point during the season and you have the gall to say fans are asking for the world?
if this club has any asperations of remaining a big club then we need to reinvest in the team.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ray Pugh » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:51 pm

As Brendan said this morning 99% of players linked with liverpool are not being looked at.
So its pretty hard to work out which players we ARE after.

For me personally I believe we need two new attacking players this January.
An out-and out striker and a wing forward OR just two strikers.

My first choice signing would be from: Huntelaar, Cavani, Llorente, Damiao, Remy, Van Wolfswinkel.
My second signings would be from: Walcott, Tello, Zaha, Holtby, Bony, Ba, Bent, Sturridge, Hooper (maybe).

I've probably missed some off the lists as we've been linked to so many.
I just hope we don't end up with only 1 of the second choice list.

It's very hard to read into what FSGs plans are this January. If they are looking to spend and get 1 big-name signing in (to make up for the summer debacle) they obviously aren't going to announce it. So unfortunately we can only wait and see
Ray Pugh

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill