Moro off? - Espanyol interested?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:02 pm

From SSN

Jose Antonio Camacho has reportedly made contact with Javier Saviola, Fernando Morientes and Michael Ballack, and will move to sign them should he become Espanyol's sporting director next week.

The former Real Madrid and Spain boss will take over the transfer responsibilities at the Spanish side if Claudio Biern replaces Daniel Sanchez Llibre as president of The Parakeets after club elections on February 7.

Camacho has an ambitious list of at least eight players that he is reputedly in dialogue with regarding a move to the Liga side.

Espanyol have been linked with an incredible swoop for Bayern Munich's widely coveted star Ballack, as well as a number of other names including Liverpool striker Morientes, and the club hopefuls insist that Camacho has already begun talks regarding transfers.

"He has a personal relationship with around eight or ten players in direct collaboration with our candidate," said Paco Asensio, head of Biern's presidential campaign.

"I am not going to reveal names at the moment to avoid problems, but we all know which positions the squad need strengthening.

"Camacho is already employed by our team to work on which players we will move for.

"The fact that some names have already been linked to the press can only do our chances no good.

"For example who would believe that a player like Michael Ballack would join Espnayol.

"Things like this become an electoral weapon and can cause problems."

Biern's promises of bringing some big-name signings to the club have still failed to see him overhaul Llibre in a recent poll amongst the club's fans
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:39 pm

This post have to parts, the actual quotes, and the clueless info of SSN

"He has a personal relationship with around eight or ten players in direct collaboration with our candidate," said Paco Asensio, head of Biern's presidential campaign.

He has been in several Spanish teams, and has been national squad coach so yes, that's true.

"I am not going to reveal names at the moment to avoid problems, but we all know which positions the squad need strengthening.

That's a good idea no matter what club you are, and no matter how known the player is, recent example is Gonzalez, we wanted him, the press told so, and Deportivo tried to feck us, and btw, robbed precious time to Liverpool to get another RM.

"Camacho is already employed by our team to work on which players we will move for.

Camacho worked in Espanyol, and let him work unlike Real Madrid, I wouldn't be surprised if he got the coach place again there.

"The fact that some names have already been linked to the press can only do our chances no good.

True.

"For example who would believe that a player like Michael Ballack would join Espnayol.

This is the key statement of all. Espanyol can't afford that wages is it's not on loan. I see Morientes there for the last year before retirement, but Espanyol, just as Real Sociedad, must risk in their signings and spot on to get a decent player. I must say they have aswell quite a good eye to sign players. But Ballack? please Morientes? perhaps for the retirement. I can only see a decent striker signing if they sell Tamudo.

"Things like this become an electoral weapon and can cause problems."

This is the other key statement of the post.

Reliability of SSN info: 4%
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill