Miroslav klose?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Paul C » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:16 pm

From eatsleepfootball.com (I know it's not the most reliable):

Reds eye German ace   

Mon, Aug 14 2006 09:25

Rafa Benitez has changed his main strike target, with German star Miroslav Klose now believed to be top of the manager's wanted list.
Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt is known to interest the Reds boss but the Dutchman has indicated that he is keen on a move to Newcastle, probably because of a guarantee of first-team football.
Real Madrid expressed an interest in Klose earlier this summer, but bought Ruud van Nistelrooy instead and it appears the Reds could now move for the World Cup's top scorer.
Werder Bremen though are believed to want in the region of £15m for the striker and it remains to be seen whether Liverpool will be willing to pay that for the 28-year-old.
Rick Parry said on possible transfer activity: "We are still looking and there might be a bit of business still to be done.
"It's impossible to say how many we can get in. We might need to get someone out and it depends on what is available. We are open minded at the moment."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:21 am

Klose would be an absolutely brilliant signing for us but I don't see it happening at that price.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby anti-hero » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:02 am

He's 28, but I'll still be glad to have him on board.

But Rafa will never pay 15 million dollars. I guess its another long waiting game if we really want him..
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:16 am

anti-hero wrote:He's 28, but I'll still be glad to have him on board.

But Rafa will never pay 15 million dollars. I guess its another long waiting game if we really want him..

I think Rafa would pay 15million dollars - 15 million pounds may be a bit much  :D
account deleted by request

Postby matrix » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:22 am

not sure about that price tag for klose,  not sure where this 15 million valuation has come from... maybe because the season has started now in germany...so the price has been pumped up... tbh  i cant believe the price for klose is 15 million...    ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:46 am

I dont really believe that he will end up at Anfield even though some reports suggest he could leave Werder for around 8 million. That would be a snip for a player who scored 25 in 26 games last season with 16 assists.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:28 am

It seems unlikely for klose to sign for us, but if we did get him, that's going to be awesome. :)
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:40 am

matrix wrote:not sure about that price tag for klose,  not sure where this 15 million valuation has come from... maybe because the season has started now in germany...so the price has been pumped up... tbh  i cant believe the price for klose is 15 million...    ???

Their manager said in july that they wouldnt let him go for less than £20mil when real madrid were interested
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:30 am

Klose is a great player and would score plenty of goals in the system we play. The amount of crosses into the box this season will double with proper wingers and someone with the heading ability of Klose would be ideal.
I thought he was just your typical target man style forward but was also impressed with his link up play in the world cup.
He would definately be a great signing imo, it just depends on how much he would cost.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Geo » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:52 am

if some reports are true and he would be allowed to go for 8mil i think he would be a great buy, good finisher and can also provide, betweeen klose and kuuyt i think klose would be the better option. Would bring another dimension to our attack with the speed of bellamy, height of crouch and the all round game of god.
Geo

Postby red37 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:16 am

Ace Ventura wrote:Klose is a great player and would score plenty of goals in the system we play. The amount of crosses into the box this season will double with proper wingers and someone with the heading ability of Klose would be ideal.
I thought he was just your typical target man style forward but was also impressed with his link up play in the world cup.
He would definately be a great signing imo, it just depends on how much he would cost.

bob on ace... i thought klose and podolski looked a major threat during the WC. id be well happy to see him here. someone mentioned elsewhere that he is really just a poacher. i disagree, he is that and more...just remember the link up play around the 18 yard box, added to one of the best aerial technicians there is. and youd be pretty pleased to add that to our forward line at the moment. hell, so what if he's 28, damn it the fella is in his prime...exactly what we need at the minute is class and experience. klose fills those 2 boxes for me.. we'll see.

between he and kuyt id prefer the pole. see, even michael palin would savour the irony..."pole to pole" no, thought not  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:41 pm

IMO he's the fourth striker we need, more so than Kuyt. He's a a great finisher and it would be great to have him with us. Like everyone else, at that price though Rafa would expect a platinum coated player, plus 30 goals guaranteed :D
66-1112520797

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:44 pm

as i've already said in another thread, klose will not be leaving bremen this summer. he's got an agreement with bremen that he'll stay with them for one more season and then be free to leave next summer.

personally i'd go for trezeguet. you can't argue with the guy's goalscoring record and personally i think he'd score a haftul here. i wonder if juventus would be willing to loan him for a season?
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:56 pm

personally i'd go for trezeguet. you can't argue with the guy's goalscoring record and personally i think he'd score a haftul here. i wonder if juventus would be willing to loan him for a season?

I read somewhere they (Juve) dont need to get rid of him now, as finacially there sound so its highly likely he'll be there for the forseable future.

Why the feck do Bremen have that agreement, when they lose him for nothing. Surely this could be the German version of the Michael Owen saga. Surely Bremen would listen to offers than lose him for nothing ???
66-1112520797

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:03 pm

Bamaga man wrote:

I read somewhere they (Juve) dont need to get rid of him now, as finacially there sound so its highly likely he'll be there for the forseable future.

Why the feck do Bremen have that agreement, when they lose him for nothing. Surely this could be the German version of the Michael Owen saga. Surely Bremen would listen to offers than lose him for nothing ???

trezeguet is having a meeting with juventus tomorrow to sort out his future. with his wages, they'll need to get rid of him, even if that means loaning him out for a year. the guys goalscoring record is as good as van nistelrooy's was over here, and trezeguets been playing in a league where it's harder to score goals. he also doesn't take penalties so all of his goals have come from open play. he is however, a player who is only as good as the service he is given but with the wide players we have now i think he'd be dynamite.

on klose, he has 2 years left on his contract at present so next summer he'll have 1 year left and will probably move on for somewhere in the region of £5-6m.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill