Melli - Defender from betis

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Gaunt » Mon May 22, 2006 12:30 pm

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=388931&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=2&title=Reds+ponder+Melli+move

Liverpool are ready to turn to Spain again for summer reinforcements after being linked with a move for Real Betis defender Melli.

Reports emanating from Spain suggest Liverpool are keeping tabs on the young central defender.

The Reds are believed to have watched Melli on several occasions this season after he impressed in the two UEFA Champions League encounters between the sides this year.

Melli is highly-regarded at Betis and he still has four years to run on his contract with the Seville-based club.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is thought to be in the market for a new defender, as he looks to build a side capable of mounting a serious Premiership challenge next season.

Melli admits he is flattered by the interest, but insists he has not heard anything from Liverpool.

"A club like Liverpool is always interested in Spanish football and I remember our two matches in the Champions League," said Melli.

"I am happy by the interest, but I have not received any contact with Liverpool.

"That is a subject for Betis and my agent."

I can't see why we would buy another Defender with Aurelio and Paletta on the way and Agger ready too. Hopefully we won't waste any money on it as he has a long time left on his contract and would be expensive.
Gaunt

Postby GLB1 » Mon May 22, 2006 1:06 pm

Could be a smoke screen to give us a reason to be in talks with Betis about one of their other players :;):
GLB1

Postby Sabre » Mon May 22, 2006 1:11 pm

Hope it's a smoke screen, because Melli is a good behavioured, youth system player of Betis, but he's simply not good enough for Liverpool.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Mon May 22, 2006 2:16 pm

Yeah we really dont need another defender, but i cant see it being a smokescreen either
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby welsh wizzard » Mon May 22, 2006 2:53 pm

Hopefully its a smoke screen and Morro is going as part of a deal that will see joaquin arrive here. With prob 8m being handed as well. That would do very nicely....
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Mon May 22, 2006 3:01 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:Hopefully its a smoke screen and Morro is going as part of a deal that will see joaquin arrive here. With prob 8m being handed as well. That would do very nicely....

That would be amazing but its very doubtful...shame because theres no right winger i would prefer more than joaquin. I think the big money will be used on improving the strike force
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby lovebetis » Sat May 27, 2006 6:26 pm

i don´t think that Melli goes out of Betis. He have a lot of years with Betis and he is very good here.
i hope that he don´t go to other team.
Real Betis: I always will be with you
lovebetis

Return to The Rumour Mill