Liverpool contact juventus for defender boumsong - Please be a bad rumour

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Rimetto_ » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:52 am

Liverpool contact Juventus for defender Boumsong
tribalfooball.com - August 30, 2007

Juventus defender Jean Alain Boumsong is attracting interest from Liverpool.
Tuttosport says Liverpool have made a late move for the Frenchman, who has been made available by Juve this summer.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez needs to find cover after losing Jamie Carragher to a rib injury and selling Gabriel Paletta to Boca Juniors
Rimetto_

Postby Rimetto_ » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:53 am

please be a sick joke!!!!!

there is no way boumsong is good enough to play in our reserves never mind first team.

Has anyone else heard of this?
Rimetto_

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:54 am

tribal football, enough said! Don't think they've ever reported anyhting which turned out to be true.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rimetto_ » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:57 am

sorry started the topic in the wrong area.

I've just read it on BBC, this can't have any truth in it surely?
Rimetto_

Postby Rimetto_ » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:17 pm

Liverpool’s reported interest in Julio Baptista will not climax in the player’s imminent arrival at Anfield, according to manager Rafa Benitez.

The Reds have been linked to a £6 million move for the Real Madrid forward, who is keen to move away from El Santiago Bernabeu in search of first team football.

However, Benitez does not foresee any more new faces entering the Anfield doors before midnight on Friday, although that does not mean he has stopped looking.

"We were checking some options for the first team squad yesterday, but it's very difficult to find the right players this late,” the Spaniard told Liverpool’s official website.

“I don't think we will be signing anyone now.

"We don't want to sign a player just for the sake of it. It has to be the right player and not for crazy money."

Baptista’s reported move to Liverpool fuelled talks that Peter Crouch would be on his way out of Anfield, with Tottenham, Portsmouth and Newcastle all linked.

However, Benitez insists he is keen to hold onto the man who topped Liverpool’s Champions League goalscoring charts with seven goals last season.

"There has been no bid for Crouch, certainly not before this morning anyway," said Benitez.

"I have the same idea now as I've said before. I don't want to let anyone go. I've spoken to the player and he knows we need him."
Rimetto_

Postby Rimetto_ » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:19 pm

sounds like there's going to be no movement by us in or out. Thank F**K for that was really worried about the boumsong rumour, but i should have had more faith in Rafa "In Rafa We Trust"
Rimetto_

Return to The Rumour Mill