Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:32 pm

from Rangers Id rather take Bougherra anyways
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Agree with Paisleyrad that Boyd is a lazy c*nt with a shocking attitude. He would flop massively in the EPL. He is not in the 'hard working' mould that Rafa seems to insist with every player he signs.

Stay well clear of Boyd!!
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:45 pm

No. Fu.cking.  Way.

Boyd hit the headlines for breaking Larsson's SPL scoring record recently, but many fail to mention it took him around a hundred more games to score the same amount as Larsson.  Plus the SPL was a stronger league 5-10 years ago when Larsson was banging them in, it's in serious decline these days.

Boyd can finish, but that's it.  Literally that's it.  He's too slow and his all round game is far too poor for him to make any impact in the Premiership.  I don't even think he'd stand out in the Championship.

McGeady's the only SPL player worth looking at these days.

When you consider players like Davis, Mendes and Bougherra are among the best payers the SPL has to offer at the moment, and you think how average they were when they played in England, it just shows the gulf in class at the moment.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:12 am

john craig wrote:No. Fu.cking.  Way.

Boyd hit the headlines for breaking Larsson's SPL scoring record recently, but many fail to mention it took him around a hundred more games to score the same amount as Larsson.  Plus the SPL was a stronger league 5-10 years ago when Larsson was banging them in, it's in serious decline these days.

Boyd can finish, but that's it.  Literally that's it.  He's too slow and his all round game is far too poor for him to make any impact in the Premiership.  I don't even think he'd stand out in the Championship.

When you consider players like Davis, Mendes and Bougherra are among the best payers the SPL has to offer at the moment, and you think how average they were when they played in England, it just shows the gulf in class at the moment.

I dont agree....would'nt take McGeady either....another spastic!
He looks like he has downs syndrome or a hair lip at very least..pace and that is about it.A mediocre footballer in a shi'te League!

Bring him to England and he'd get kicked all over the place...for being so ugly!

No way,not to LFC but if anyone else wanna sign him I'll be happy!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:45 am

Owzat wrote:
puroresu wrote:
paisleyred wrote:His attitude stinks.
The league standard up here is shocking.
Larsson as a comparison didnt set the heather alight at manu.
Only player worth anything from spl signed for wigan lst year.
james mccarthy.

lol how old was larsson.  larsson was genuine world class.  a great player.

boyd is average.

Matter of perception, "Larsson is world class", when I checked and his record isn't that great, so either you reckon 13 goals in 40 games in Spain is a raging success, or you choose to go with what you believe than believe the evidence presented.

I've not said he will be a success, just that it might be worth a punt to increase our striking options with a BOSMAN and with a player we should be able to make a decent profit on.

And if "lazy" and a bad attitude get you 19 goals in 19 games, what does that say about all the previous strikers in Scotland?!?! We all know SPL isn't a great league, but does that automatically mean that just because someone plays in it they can't do well in England!?!?!?! That is a silly stance, if someone can be prolific to the point they are scoring well over a goal every other game, even in a weak league, then they must be better than the standard of that league

when he went to barca he was like the same age as yoda.

Stop being daft and understand that you suggested a rubbish player and agree it was a daft suggestion and then we can move on  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Number 9 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:47 am

:laugh: :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Even if he is better than some of our other options I don't think it's worth clogging up the squad with another sub-standard player. 

I think he'd do alright at Birmingham or a club of similar size, though.
LFC2007

Postby Rockthekop » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:06 pm

Number 9 wrote:
john craig wrote:No. Fu.cking.  Way.

I dont agree....would'nt take McGeady either....another spastic!
He looks like he has downs syndrome or a hair lip at very least..pace and that is about it.A mediocre footballer in a shi'te League!

Bring him to England and he'd get kicked all over the place...for being so ugly!

No way,not to LFC but if anyone else wanna sign him I'll be happy!

Your reference to Downs Syndrome is bang out of order, you should be ashamed of yourself  :no
Rockthekop

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:40 pm

Boyd has scored a lot of goals in Scotland and you cannot argue with that record, but those goals have been got in a pretty poor league and there are no guarantees he would be able to succeed let alone in the Premier League, but at the top of the league. I think the fact that Boyd is being linked with teams in Russia shows the quality of teams which are after him and the level he is at. I dont think Boyd should be considered by Liverpool as he is just not good enough for our side.
Yossi_Benaloon

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill