Its all over !

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:02 pm

No More Signings For Reds   article from 15:30 UK time

Rafael Benitez has confirmed that Liverpool will not be making any more signings before the transfer window closes tomorrow.

Jamie Carragher's injury last week, had led to speculation that some extra defensive cover might be brought in, but after checking the market, Rafa has decided he's happy with what he's got.

'We were checking some options for the first team squad yesterday, but it's very difficult to find the right players this late. I don't think we will be signing anyone now,' he told the club's official website.

'Rick, Foster, Eduardo and I looked at some options, but we decided we don't want to sign a player just for the sake of it. It has to be the right player and not for crazy money.'

Despite recent speculation, Rafa also restated once again that he has no interest in selling Peter Crouch and there have been no offers made for him.

'There has been no bid for Crouch, certainly not before this morning anyway,' he added.

'I have the same idea now as I've said before. I don't want to let anyone go. I've spoken to the player and he knows we need him.'
++

Lets gone on with it !!   :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:25 pm

I'd shut up shop, too, if people started suggesting that I was trying to sign Boumsong! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:50 pm

:D  He's (Boumsong) just plain awful, isn't he :laugh:  Anyway, I'm happy with our team as it is aswell, so let's just get on with the season, shall we :;):
JamCar05

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:49 pm

Saw Rick Parry (only just behind his big frickin' pink tie  :D ) on SSN before say that it's highly unlikely they'd be signing anyone else as Rafa is happy with the players he's got in this summer.

Thought we deffo needed defensive cover for Carra seeing as we've lost Palletta  :down:  :p but obviously Rafa hasn't seen anyone worth bringing in.

This being the case lets put any last minute tabloid bullshit saying we're signing so and so to one side and get on with bringing no.19 back home.  :buttrock
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:49 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:get on with bringing no.19 back home.  :buttrock

Thats a big green bus isnt it mate ?  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:50 am

Riquelme is supposedly going to Everton on a years loan, I think Rafa could do worse than have a word while he's in town.
account deleted by request

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:58 pm

s@int wrote:Riquelme is supposedly going to Everton on a years loan, I think Rafa could do worse than have a word while he's in town.

Yeah, like we need another midfielder...  :glare:
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:11 pm

Hasn't he gone to Atletico Madrid anyway ??? I think I read that somewhere a couple of days ago.
JamCar05

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:28 pm

shame.

i miss the drama of the transfer deadline day. i still remember two years ago when the forum was full of people just waiting for simao's plane to take off from lisbon airport. it never did. :D
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:34 pm

stmichael wrote:shame.

i miss the drama of the transfer deadline day. i still remember two years ago when the forum was full of people just waiting for simao's plane to take off from lisbon airport. it never did. :D

It's strange...I miss it and I don't.  In fact, I almost forgot that the window was still open, such has been our success in securing our top targets early in the summer for once (remember when people were moaning about a lack of transfer activity early on? :D ).  We've had a settled side training together for almost two months now, which will benefit us tremendously this season.  Having said that, the agony and ecstasy of following the last minute wheeling and dealing just isn't the same when we're not involved.  Maybe we should fire off a few cheeky 11th hour bids just to get the supporters' pulses racing and ruffle a few more feathers.  A bid for Wayne Bridge anyone?  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:40 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:36 pm

stmichael wrote:check this out from 2005 :D

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=13137

Only thing worth looking at are posts by DrummerPhil, but a laugh about the Simao rumors. I still don't see him playing in a red shirt :D
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:10 pm

Shakes says Liverpool signing AC Milan's Marek Jankulovski is "100% true"----I found this on the bbc website before thought i should paste it just in case
roberto green

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:24 pm

s@int wrote:Riquelme is supposedly going to Everton on a years loan, I think Rafa could do worse than have a word while he's in town.

Wait a minute... the transfer deadline has now passed, and I still haven't seen Riquelme parading a blue shirt... could it be that the bluenoses have ONCE AGAIN geared themselves up for a big name arrival and instead end up with nothing but disappointment... surely not  :devil:
JamCar05

Postby Elchris » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:05 pm

I hope benitez goes for adriano of intermilan in the winter window , he's been left out of champs league (25-man squad submitted to UEFA ). Itz terrible when a club does this to a player that has serve them well in the past. This guy got the talent and i'm sure he wants to prove them wrong . Any club that gets him in the winter break will benefit greatly...!!
Elchris

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill