Figueroa

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:46 am

His agent has said a deal is 90% done
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:53 am

Excellent news, he is a really good fullback. I know a lot of people have dismissed him as he plays for Wigan, but I've seen him a few times (only on the box obviously) and I really like him. He's athletic, bombs up and down and is good on the ball, as well as being a good defender. I think quite a few posters will be pretty impressed if we get him and they get to properly watch him.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:00 am

ok, I cant say I've ever heard of the lad and I'm pretty sure if he'd been pullin up a few trees Hansen etc would have done a MOTD piece on him? however he may be class and may have been going under the radar? lets hope so.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:10 am

Dundalk wrote:His agent has said a deal is 90% done

whats your source mate?
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:11 am

We can look forward to plenty of these then eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGCEwvmkXnk&feature=related
roberto green

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:27 am

roberto green wrote:We can look forward to plenty of these then eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGCEwvmkXnk&feature=related

lucky shot...

our ex left-back who scored some amazing goals back when he was playing for us was abused on here fore being defensively unsound...  :laugh: ... and they only knew his true worth when lousier left-backs replaced him...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:11 pm

Figueroa sounds OK.

my wish list was:
Gonzalo Castro, Marcell Jansen, André Santos, Antonio López, Ignacio Monreal, Sebastian Boenisch, Michal Kadlec, and Fábio Coentrão (if got new owners or something), or Davide Santon or Cristian Chivu if Masch was/is going to Inter.
JoeTerp

Postby LFC ANIME » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:45 pm

With no update on new owners, and the inevitability of Masch' sale. I would like to have Marcell Jansen as 1st choice LB, because he is only 24 and he looked solid defensively and very good in attack (abit like Riise :) ) I felt he was better than Boateng on the left. Have Figueroa as back up.
LFC ANIME

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:00 pm

I would have serious reservations over us buying a defender who played his part in his Team having more holes than the proverbial colander  ..... for me personally he leaves the back four vulnerable ....he is also predominantly left footed (not a bad thing if it is balanced) but if you are considerably less efficient with your right then it provides a problem  ... would also cast severe doubts over his aerial prowess not the most dominant defender in this respect ... ok he is a quick player with a venomous shot on him ... who can also provide us with the long throw in ... but in my opinion he would provide more questions than answers I think we need a solid defender who is equally adept with either foot .... would sooner Liverpool opted for the likes of Jorge Fucile from Porto who can play either right or left back
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:02 pm

Out of all the twenty odd names which have been mentioned, my choces would be:

1. Figuroa
2. Salsido (the Mexican bloke)
3. Wayne Bridge.

Mind you, I've never even heard of the other 24 players mentioned, never mind seen them play.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:05 pm

bigmick wrote:Out of all the twenty odd names which have been mentioned, my choces would be:

1. Figuroa
3. Wayne Bridge.

Mind you, I've never even heard of the other 24 players mentioned, never mind seen them play.

did  you watch the world cup?  (I am guessing that is where you have seen Salcido right?)

Have you watched in any of the like past 5 matches we played against Atletico Madrid in the last 2 years?
JoeTerp

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:24 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
bigmick wrote:Out of all the twenty odd names which have been mentioned, my choces would be:

1. Figuroa
3. Wayne Bridge.

did  you watch the world cup?  (I am guessing that is where you have seen Salcido right?)

Have you watched in any of the like past 5 matches we played against Atletico Madrid in the last 2 years?

Yes and yes Joe. I don't have a memory for players though beyond a few days, unless they're unbelievebly impressive or I see them quite a few times. The only left back I saw last season who didn't play in the Premiership who really stuck in my mind was the curly headed bloke who played for Benfica. Now he was a player.

The truth is if I'm honest that I find European football a bit boring in the main and it just doesn't stick in my head like English football does. All the diving and gesticulating just wears me down I'm afraid and I find myself drifting off. I watched much of the World Cup for instance, but I'd struggle to name to name you many players who massively impressed me. On the other hand I could watch Crystal Palace against Preston and I'd back myself to spot you a player relative to the rest anyday of the week.

Wierd really but there it is.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:28 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Figueroa sounds OK.

my wish list was:
Gonzalo Castro, Marcell Jansen, André Santos, Antonio López, Ignacio Monreal, Sebastian Boenisch, Michal Kadlec, and Fábio Coentrão (if got new owners or something), or Davide Santon or Cristian Chivu if Masch was/is going to Inter.

Wishlist being the key word there. I wouldn't expect Hodsgen to shop so far from home.. at least for majority of his signings anyway. And Inter would never let Santon go.  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Can't find any rumors or news on this even on any of the normal shabby sites. Where did you read/hear this Dundalk?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:02 pm

how do you work out percentage completion of deals? what is the 10% that isn't completed yet? is that the 10% where the player and his agent weigh up all the other offers and then work out which one pays the most money and gives the player a fighting chance of playing for real madrid before his career is out?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill