Warnock lashes out

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon May 14, 2007 3:52 pm

Warnock hits out after relegation 

Sheffield Utd boss Neil Warnock was left bitter after relegation
Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock has lashed out at Sir Alex Ferguson and Rafael Benitez for the teams they put against his side's relegation rivals.
The Blades were relegated after a 2-1 defeat by Wigan but Warnock was angry at the Liverpool side Benitez fielded in a 1-0 loss at Fulham on 5 May.

He also felt West Ham beat a weakened Manchester United 1-0 on Sunday.

He said: "What goes around comes around and maybe Chelsea will win the FA Cup and AC Milan the Champions League."

Warnock was making reference to United's game against Chelsea in the FA Cup final this Saturday and Liverpool's match against AC Milan in the Champions League final on 23 May.

United had already won the Premiership title when they played the Hammers, who needed at least a point at Old Trafford to guarantee survival.

It's the worst feeling of my career because it would have been my greatest achievement to keep us up

Meanwhile, Liverpool's concentration in recent weeks appears to have been solely on the Champions League and Fulham secured their Premiership status by beating the Reds.

"I was disappointed at United's team," added Warnock. "You would have hoped and thought that, last game of the season, Cristiano Ronaldo, Nemanja Vidic and probably two or three more might have played.

"I think Sir Alex sold me a dummy in midweek when he said he would field a strong team.

"He has his own reasons, though. Maybe the FA Cup final next week is more important to him.

"At least I knew the players that were playing. I didn't even know two of those that played for Liverpool at Fulham last week.

"I'd never heard of them but when you are a foreign manager like Rafa Benitez, you probably don't give two hoots about what Sheffield United think.

"It's a long journey to Fulham, so the players are probably better off at home with their feet up.

It's the worst feeling of my career

"You are bound to feel bitter about the circumstances in our relegation but it's not going to get us back in the Premiership.

"You just have to get over the bitterness and move on but it's difficult at the moment. Fate is fate, though. Life is like that."

The Blades had a late chance to equalise against 10-man Wigan but Danny Webber hit the post when one-on-one with keeper Mike Pollitt.

"It's a gut-wrenching and horrible feeling for all of us at the club," stated Warnock.

"It's the worst feeling of my career because it would have been my greatest achievement to keep us up.

"All season we haven't made it difficult enough for other teams and have given goals away when we have been in good positions.

"Wigan haven't had to work hard for either goal and we've committed suicide really. The lads have been magnificent and tried their hardest and I couldn't have got much more out of them.

"But it's still very disappointing when you go down because of the thickness of a post."

Warnock refused to be drawn on his own future amid claims that contract talks had broken down.

He stated: "I don't want to talk about myself. It's a time for the club to look at what has gone on and then think about me later."

BBC

"What goes around comes around and maybe Chelsea will win the FA Cup and AC Milan the Champions League."

CODE:
"I hope Chelsea and AC Milan win"

Not that i mind that. Hopefully we will win and Warnock will see how a proper football manager operates.

But what a winging c*nt though. "We want West Ham docked points" "We want Liverpool and Man U to field their strongest teams". Tell you what why don't we play your games for you while we're at it. If he spent more time worrying about what Sheff Utd were doing maybe they wouldn't have lost so many games this season.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Mon May 14, 2007 3:57 pm

"I'd never heard of them but when you are a foreign manager like Rafa Benitez, you probably don't give two hoots about what Sheffield United think.

That may be true.

But as we say here, a category is not lost in one game, but a whole season.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon May 14, 2007 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue May 15, 2007 2:12 pm

I can't see what his problem is. Sheff U were playing Wigan at home and all they needed was a draw. If they can't even manage a draw at home against a fellow struggler then they deserve religation.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Tue May 15, 2007 3:08 pm

spot on Anfield rapper, not good enough simple as.

Warnock is a bitter and twisted individual, bad luck fukwit.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Tue May 15, 2007 4:14 pm

it's a shame as i find Warnock quite amusing- but good comedians don't make good football managers otherwise we'd have Freddie Star in charge!! :D

Sour grapes :p
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Tue May 15, 2007 4:18 pm

We've gone over this , its old news !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Tue May 15, 2007 5:27 pm

zarababe wrote:We've gone over this , its old news !

gone over what? Warnock being a di.ck or Freddie Star managing Liverpool?
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby jkop » Tue May 15, 2007 8:05 pm

tommycockles wrote:
zarababe wrote:We've gone over this , its old news !

gone over what? Warnock being a di.ck or Freddie Star managing Liverpool?

:laugh:
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed May 16, 2007 12:04 am

"What goes around comes around and maybe Chelsea will win the FA Cup and AC Milan the Champions League."

Perhaps, and you can watch it on TV while you contemplate life in the Championship...or maybe managing Wigan.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed May 16, 2007 12:29 am

steve warnock on the other hand hasn't said much on the issue.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion