Sh*tski - Taking the p*ss

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 116-1104673748 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:49 pm

Lets just hope Wigan'll thrash them on day one.
116-1104673748

Postby Chelsea forever. » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:51 pm

thomas88 wrote:
CR had no idea what his startin 11 were. We would see a different 11 each game, different tactics each game.

Once Jose has come in all the players that didnt fit in his plans were slot,released or loaned out. Players needed to replace them were brought in.

Drogba
Ferrera
Carvalho
Kezman
Jiri Jarosik
Tiago

These are the players he got with him -- do you see a WORLD STAR in there? Were any of the considered WORLD CLASS PLAYERS - TOP PLAYERS - PLAYERS OTHER CLUBS WOULD DIE FOR?

NO!

They were players he wanted for the TEAM, who fit the PROFILE and who had the winning mentality which was needed.

CR was simply being fair.He employed different tactics to keep opponent managers alert.Mourinho has been employing the winger formation for so long its boring man.
You haven't been keeping up with other leagues,have you?
Drogba was a real big star to die for back in the French league.
Kezman was one of the topscorers in the Dutch league.
What about Mutu?He was real big,captain of his country,a celebrity and loved by his countrymen until Mourinho put him in the bench once too many until he gets depressed and turns to drugs.Mourinho doesn't give a damn,man.He just eliminates the ones that don't please him.
You forget Mourinho's a Portugese and he knows the market there and thats how Ferrera came.

In the same case,Alonso and Garcia were unknown in English leagues before Benitez brought them.

Drogba was a One season wonder in the French league. He had ONE good season.

Kezman has the record for the most goals scored to games played ration EVER in the Dutch league - but if you had followed him .. as i had .. you would have known that 98% of his goals were tap ins with NON-Existant marking - and i mean NO MARKING AT ALL. Its not the same as the mean EPL defending. However Kezman would have done well in a 4-4-2 with a big striker to play off -ala-Drogba .. which was the initial plan but Robben and Duff provided mouth watering service and it suited the team better.

Mutu was a great player no doubt and he had a brilliant start -- think it was 6 goals in the first 5 games - but sadly the white powder took over and ruined his future.
Chelsea forever.

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:52 pm

Chelsea are favourites to win the league again for me, they are a very good team with a very good manager - you can't deny that.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1104673748 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:55 pm

Don't think so.Wenger and Ferguson must have already wisened up after one whole season.They may have their own tricks.
116-1104673748

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:07 pm

LFC #1 wrote:Chelsea are favourites to win the league again for me, they are a very good team with a very good manager - you can't deny that.

Not for me.

Cech, Terry and Lampard played above themselves for much of last season, they will struggle to maintain that form season after season.

Arsenal will be the team to beat provided they get a keeper
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:11 pm

BBC

Manchester City have not received any bids for winger Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Newspaper reports on Saturday claimed Chelsea were poised to sign the England youngster on a five-year contract for a transfer fee of £18m.

But BBC Sport understands that no formal offer for Wright-Phillips, 23, has been received by City.

City manager Stuart Pearce is keen to hold on to Wright-Phillips, who only signed a new contract last season and has said he is not looking for a move.

Wright-Phillips, joined City in the summer of 1998 having been a trainee at Nottingham Forest and has played almost 150 games for the club.

Arsenal were also thought to be keen to sign him but could not compete with the spending power of Roman Abramovich.

Chelsea, who have also agreed a compensation deal with Tottenham over sporting director Frank Arneson, spent £8m earlier in the summer for Athletic Bilbao left-back Asier Del Horno.

City are currently about £60m in debt and an £18m offer from the likes of Chelsea might be too tempting to turn down.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:30 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:giving the players the best training facilities and winning trophies, setting records like the least away defeats, most wins, most minutes without conceding a goal, most away wins .. i could go on ---------

I'll finish that sentence for you:

Winning the Champions League.  :rasp  :rasp  :rasp
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:44 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:Money means nothing - one can buy the top most players in the world and yet not win anything - ala Madrid 2 seasons running -

Its the hard work, motivation, dedication and winning mentality instilled in Cfc by him that has made the players win. He has transformed Joe Cole from a tricky flicky to a mature player who has now even cemented a spot in the England squad.

Dont hate the money and the owner - appreciate the quality and the dedication.

.. Chelsea are in danger of alienating themselves because of their, off -the-field tactics..

.. this is more about the manner in which, the club has gone about it's business.. it stinks of "New Money" tactics.. and you know you can dress it up all you like... but it just don't compare with the class and aura of .. Liverpool FC, the Mancs and Ars.e..

.. Chelsea are in danger of sullying the good name of the Premiership.. our clubs European success has done much to enforce the view that the Premiership is a strong league... it's Champion's have so-far done nothing, but their best to prove how classless and under handed they are..  :(
Last edited by zarababe on Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:52 pm

LFC #1 wrote:Chelski have defined their standards as a football club. Roman Abramovich is a very dodgy Russian oil baron, his business partner is now in jail in Russia I believe. 

The difference between ourselves and Chelsea is that we have class, dignity, respect etc etc. We don't allow dodgy businessmen like Thaksin to take over our club or sell out like Manure. We don't need to, as our 5th European Cup proves.

Yes but you might not have heard of that old saying LFC1..........."Money talks" !

Its good to be in a position when you can buy any player in sight.

time will tell as to who we will sign.

the thing is with chelsea signing more players, more players are gonna be left on the bench, like the likes of scott parker etc etc, and over the coming months, maybe a few players will want to leave. the thing with mourhinio, is, he has to leave players out.
65-1114725958

Postby neilE » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:08 pm

be wary of sounding like sour grapes, chaps. C forever is right about the way his team went about winning the league - on the pitch they were  fkin good. And I have no problem with a new kid on the block taking on the old premiership order. But - Chelsea forever please take note - it won't last because its all built on the sand of Abramovich's money - he will pull out eventually. I hope for your sake and the rest of the genuine Chelsea fans that it doesn't happen all at once. Last year Chelsea lost more money in 12 months than the total debt that sent Leeds under. If the money disappears suddenly, relegation to the Coca cola would be the least of your problems.............
neilE

Postby drummerphil » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:14 pm

Maybe we should try to get Duff now,maybe even on a seasons loan......as they like todo that

but then again in the real world maybe i,m speaking :censored:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:18 pm

Bast@rds they are, they wont let duff on loan they just want to collect all the best players in the league and let quality players rot in the reserves who are on 50 grand a week becos they can
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby XSD » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:24 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:Drogba
Ferrera
Carvalho
Kezman
Jiri Jarosik
Tiago

These are the players he got with him -- do you see a WORLD STAR in there? Were any of the considered WORLD CLASS PLAYERS - TOP PLAYERS - PLAYERS OTHER CLUBS WOULD DIE FOR?

NO!

They were players he wanted for the TEAM, who fit the PROFILE and who had the winning mentality which was needed.

I don't see Cech and Robben on that list.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:45 pm

Chelsea are fast taking over from Man U as the least liked team in football ...............

Their conduct as a football club has been called into question on several occasions. The tapping up of Cole, Lampard openly admitting he was trying to get Stevie G to join them, the Anders Frisk affair, Mourinho's disrespectful and arrogant conduct during the Carling Cup final against Liverpool fans...........the list goes on.

I suppose it's the least we can expect when the bulk of the money used to fund the club comes from an oil billionaire whose business partner is currently in jail for corruption. Funny how we never hear that Roman has visited his homeland Russia recently isn;t it . The facts are he won't go there cos as soon as he steps off his private Jet he wil be arrested for the same crimes his old business partner is serving bird for  ??? The fact remains it DOES Matter where the money's coming from Chelsea Forever. ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:48 pm

And has Man U have found out when you seek to gain an unfair advantage as they did when they floated on the Stock Market and gain a massive injection of cash that the other teams in their league didn't have and as Chelsea have by selling to Roman these things have a habit of coming back and biting you in the balls.  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion