Rooney given one match ban - One rule for some...

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:42 pm

wonder how much the drunken scot had to pay for this? Or did he refuse to do more interviews unless...

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney will miss the visit of Aston Villa next month after being given a one-match ban for his red card at Fulham on Saturday.

The striker was sent off for two bookable offences during his side's 2-0 defeat, and he punched the corner flag while leaving the pitch.

But referee Phil Dowd said he was not sworn at by the player and Rooney will face no extra sanction beyond the ban.

Aston Villa travel to Old Trafford for a Premier League fixture on 5 April.

An FA spokesman said: "We have clarified with Phil Dowd that there was no abuse from the player after he was dismissed.

"In relation to the incident when he punched the corner flag, the referee did not see that and we have written to Wayne Rooney reminding him of his responsibilities."
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:44 pm

He has been reminded of his responsibilities though Dawson. Thats almost the same as a 4 match ban.
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:48 pm

He only abused the corner flag!I would have loved him to get a bigger ban but I doubt it matters.They are loosing their cool.
Paul Scholes trying to be a goal keeper,Ronaldo was an absolute laughing stock and a disgrace,yapping and whinging at the Ref all day,then Rooney throwing the ball away in an "I dont wanna play" tantrum!
Was fuc'king great to see,in fact Id have taken heart even if they drew.But add the fact they were beaten 2-0 and the score did'nt flatter Fulham..it was just great!

Tell ya what,we have a tough game coming up next.Fulham can play football on their day!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:24 am

this is rubbish. if it was any other player he would have been an example of and given a 3 match ban :angry: ...plus a fine.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby SupitsJonF » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:18 am

I didnt think it was too big of a deal, it was 2 yellow right?
SupitsJonF

Postby destro » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:35 am

He is and always will be an orrible little tw@t anyway but if he was punished more for punching the corner flag Ferguson would want Cahill banned for life for his stupid celebration.

I am just gutted Brad Friedel wont be in net for Villa, No Rooney,Vidic,Scholes or Berbatov Villa would have had a good chance of taking points off them but it will prob end up the usual 3 or 4 -0 to the bunch of w@nkers now
destro

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:52 am

The respect the referee campaign started and ended with Mascherano. tw@ts.

No worries Rafa will be pointing this out in the not so distant future .
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:57 am

He threw the ball back in anger , ah villa better not :censored: up now .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:15 pm

I though Ronaldo's behaviour in that match the other day was far worse.

As for Rooney, he's now with England for the next two weeks under the FA so there was no way he was every going to go get more than a match in those circumstances.  :shifty
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:26 am

destro wrote:He is and always will be an orrible little tw@t anyway but if he was punished more for punching the corner flag Ferguson would want Cahill banned for life for his stupid celebration.

I am just gutted Brad Friedel wont be in net for Villa, No Rooney,Vidic,Scholes or Berbatov Villa would have had a good chance of taking points off them but it will prob end up the usual 3 or 4 -0 to the bunch of w@nkers now

nah mate he is available. his card has been overturned after Villa lodged an appeal =)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby destro » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:31 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
destro wrote:He is and always will be an orrible little tw@t anyway but if he was punished more for punching the corner flag Ferguson would want Cahill banned for life for his stupid celebration.

nah mate he is available. his card has been overturned after Villa lodged an appeal =)

:D Another good bit of news then, maybe the F.A have finally had enough of "Their" constant moaning and they are teaching them a lesson.

In all honesty I really don't think Friedel could have done much more than he did to get out of the way of Nando, he virtually curled himself up in to a little ball  :D

I feel more confident of Villa getting a result of some sort against them now although if the same Villa team that we played turn up I wont hold my breath.
destro

Postby loopyliverpool » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:41 pm

If anyone saw it, Rooney was a disgrace towards the referee. Man U are a disgrace towards referees as a whole team. They haven't learnt from that debacle involving Keane and his posse about six years ago. For me Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinand and the defunct Neville are the worst culprits. They think they have some god given right to insult and intimidate referees. I thought the referee at the Fulham game was ok but he could have booked Ronaldo before the tackle on Murphy for being a petulant little twerp. Rooney got everything he deserved. He basically needs to grow up and stop behaving like a spoilt child. There is something of the Gazza about him when he loses it. I personally would have liked to have seen him banned for more games. He has a responsibility to behave like the highly paid sportsman he is and the example this sets for kids is not good enough. However, having said all of this, it was top entertainment, I stayed in especially and was not disappointed - a three match ban would have been the icing on the cake though!
loopyliverpool

Postby t batty(_Y_) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:02 pm

the ref is soo ridiculous aint he?? :D maybe next time...
I'm Known To Walk Alone....

But I'm Alone For A Reason..........
t batty(_Y_)

Postby Madmax » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:18 am

just hope villa take this opportunity and do something. I've just the feeling united will scrap in a typical 1-0 win..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby das20093 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:34 pm

Phil Dowd should be axed. He should have said he swore and he had seen rooney's assault on the corner flag
das20093

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion