Pushing the panic button - Coleman sacked

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:24 am

Just seen that Fulham have just sacked Chris Coleman. Am gutted coz i've always been a fan of his. Have always thought he was a good, likeable manager who tells it like it is and doesn't take any sh.i.t (a bit like Paul Jewell at Wigan) + he's had little to no money and had to sell his two best players (Malbranque and Boa Morte) in recent seasons.

Seems bloody crazy to sack your manager so close to the end of the season in the hope that a new face can come in and instantly lift the team to a couple of victories. I hope they get dragged down now.
Last edited by Scottbot on Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:36 am

I love him

Stupid to sack him with just 5 games to go!

Hes gorgeous aswel :(
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:37 am

F*ck 'em.

It's to be expected - look at Al Fayed's continued consiracy theory about his son's death.

The man's an idiot.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:14 am

Coleman should join a proper club.

I always thought he was a decent manager. But they sold his best players so naturally they struggle.

They had Finnan, Van der Sar, Boa, Malbranque, Saha etc...

All sold. 
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:05 am

I heard on the radio they have appointed Lawrie Sanchez as manager.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:20 am

Coleman wanted to guarantee transfer funds for the summer. He said, "Fayed?" as he opened the Fulham owner's door. He replied coldly, "How did you know?" :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Years Of Decay » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:26 am

Ciggy wrote:Coleman wanted to guarantee transfer funds for the summer. He said, "Fayed?" as he opened the Fulham owner's door. He replied coldly, "How did you know?" :D

PMSL!
Image Image
5 TIMES IN ISTANBUL
*6 Times In Athens*
Years Of Decay

Postby nifan82 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:20 pm

jkop wrote:I heard on the radio they have appointed Lawrie Sanchez as manager.

Yea they have appointed Sanchez, hope that means he dosent leave us (Norn Iron) anytime soon!! Although its only until the end of the current season, i wonder what will happen if he does well  ???
nifan82

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:46 pm

And the press wonder why there are no top young British managers out there. Because halfwit chairmen sack decent, learning managers like Coleman the second things go a tiny bit :censored:. Sacking your manager with 5 games to go is suicide.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Rafa D » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:30 pm

I really do hope they go down now. I liked Coleman, he spoke his mind and was very honest.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:06 am

Its shocking treatment of him but doesnt surprise you with the financial implications of relegation being at there highest this season.
He would of got the two wins needed to keep them up imo without doubt.

You cant expect a manager to constantly sell his best players and then not struggle in the premiership.
It looks like Coleman has got the sh!tty end of the stick as Keegan and Tigana where backed ridiculously over the top and then they brought in Coleman to sort of steady the ship.

He has a right to feel more than disgusted at his treatment imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:44 am

Typical :censored:.ing basta.rds!
The IFA can barely afford to pay Sanchez £50,000 a year..
I dont give a fu.ck about Chris Coleman or Fulham!
What i am concerned about though is the fact they poached the Northern Ireland manager in the middle of a very important campaign to qualify for the European Championships.
NI have done things under Sanchez that far surpassed anyones expections..he has injected a sense of passion and pride into a team that is mediocre to say the least!

In a way he has made men out of boys!
It was only a matter of time until a bigger opportunity came his way..he deserves it but to me the timing has been awful!I can understand Fulhams plight and desperation in wanting to stay up...what i cannot grasp is their sheer and unbridled disrespect for Northern Ireland when we are having it good!Mr Sanchez made no secret that he wanted to better himself and do 'bigger' things..that i respect him for!
For Fulham to dangle a carrot in front of his nose at a time like this is disgusting!

If this comes off and Laurie goes i wish him the very best but not to keep them up!..as for Fulham and their waving of notes..they can stick their raw capitalism up their London holes!
I hope they get relegated!
66-1120597113

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:50 am

The Northern Irish have a boss accent as well. Instead of now its ' Nigh!' quality. Love it on a bird though, phwoar!

Newho, the sacking of Chris Coleman is a complete joke. Birmingham are reaping the benefits of standing by their man. Fulham should have followed suit. Expect Coleman to be managing a Championship side next season.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:49 am

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:The Northern Irish have a boss accent as well. Instead of now its ' Nigh!' quality. Love it on a bird though, phwoar!

Newho, the sacking of Chris Coleman is a complete joke. Birmingham are reaping the benefits of standing by their man. Fulham should have followed suit. Expect Coleman to be managing a Championship side next season.

Aye its great!! I love fat bast.rds in leggins...Women here are ugly as as dogs rectum mate!Fact!

I got a goodun though! :eyebrow
66-1120597113

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:13 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
wrighty (not mark!) wrote:The Northern Irish have a boss accent as well. Instead of now its ' Nigh!' quality. Love it on a bird though, phwoar!

Aye its great!! I love fat bast.rds in leggins...Women here are ugly as as dogs rectum mate!Fact!

I got a goodun though! :eyebrow

I bet you do Barry boy i bet you do! hahaha! Me mate pulled this ulster bird once i wuda well munched on her!hahaha
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion