Only ourselves to blame really.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Sat May 03, 2014 7:32 pm

Dry your eyes you tart
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat May 03, 2014 7:39 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 03, 2014 6:30 pm wrote:Only ourselves to blame really.

You say 5 points clear with 3 to play and we only have ourselves to blame. City had a game in hand and we had to play Chelsea. You seem to have completely ignored those two somewhat important facts. The PL has been on a knife edge this season and we have done fantastically well. Is now the time to come out with comments like:  WE ONLY HAVE OURSELVES TO BLAME !! You also seem to have forgotten about Suarez's perfectly good goal against CIty that was disallowed. I suppose we are to blame for that as well.

You're coming across as a bigger whingebag than most of the bitters and that's saying something !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sat May 03, 2014 7:46 pm

FFS we only had to draw last week :(

We have no choice now we must put 6 past Palace and 8 past Newcastle......hmmmm.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Santa » Sat May 03, 2014 7:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 03, 2014 6:30 pm wrote:Only ourselves to blame really.

Nothing to blame, not one of them. Back in August no one expected us to be in this position. We had a good start then guys said we should look at our progress after 10 games. They said our real progress can only be measured at Christmas....the same were saying they will be happy if we're still in contention with 10 games to go...well we are still in contention all the way till the last week so support the club rather than just whine. We have made good progress and all is not loss. We don't have self entitlement to win the league so chin up guys...we are in good hands
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 03, 2014 10:49 pm

devaney » Sat May 03, 2014 6:39 pm wrote:

You say 5 points clear with 3 to play and we only have ourselves to blame. City had a game in hand and we had to play Chelsea. You seem to have completely ignored those two somewhat important facts. The PL has been on a knife edge this season and we have done fantastically well. Is now the time to come out with comments like:  WE ONLY HAVE OURSELVES TO BLAME !! You also seem to have forgotten about Suarez's perfectly good goal against CIty that was disallowed. I suppose we are to blame for that as well.

You're coming across as a bigger whingebag than most of the bitters and that's saying something !!!

I was talking in the sense that it's pointless having a go at Everton for not taking points off City when all we had to do was draw at home against an under strength Chelsea side that was without their best player and had a young CB making his league debut. And your right I have forgotten Suarez's goal against City, I can't remember that one.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sun May 04, 2014 12:35 am

Very proud of our effort this season and not going to waste time commenting on Everton game

Instead I just like to say after yesterday fixtures that my liking for Sunderland has increased immeasurably in recent times
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun May 04, 2014 1:54 am

damjan193 » Sun May 04, 2014 1:26 am wrote:Up to you, Andy Carroll.

Scores the winner from a cross by Downing

Ultimate happy irony
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun May 04, 2014 7:36 am

Sorry Yakka I think you know I was talking about Sterling's disallowed goal.

Chelsea have massive strength in depth so to suggest all we had to do was draw is perhaps overly simplifying the situation. As for the the young defender you refer to he had a brilliant game so he probably improved their defence rather than weaken it.

I'm certainly not blaming Everton for anything. They haven't been playing quite so well recently so whilst I hoped they could take something from the game the fact that they didn't came as no shock whatsoever.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun May 04, 2014 10:10 am

Feel entirely deflated today. If only this, if only that, we just have to hope for an inspired performance from Villa or West Ham and make sure we win our last two games. If winning 13 out of our last 14 matches isn't enough then so be it. Man City won some tough aways in the run-in.

Still been a great season where we have massively out-performed expectations. Criticism of Rodgers or the players is ridiculous and quite frankly embarrassing.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 04, 2014 10:11 am

devaney » Sun May 04, 2014 6:36 am wrote:Sorry Yakka I think you know I was talking about Sterling's disallowed goal.

Chelsea have massive strength in depth so to suggest all we had to do was draw is perhaps overly simplifying the situation. As for the the young defender you refer to he had a brilliant game so he probably improved their defence rather than weaken it.

I'm certainly not blaming Everton for anything. They haven't been playing quite so well recently so whilst I hoped they could take something from the game the fact that they didn't came as no shock whatsoever.

We blew it mate pure and simple, I'm not saying we haven't had a great season because we have and some of our football has been the best I've ever seen from a Liverpool side, but with the title on the line and the finishing tape within reach we shouldn't be getting beat at home by a scratch Chelsea side.
Players like John Obi Mikel, Demba Ba, Mark Schwarzer, Salah, a 35 year old Lampard, Kalas etc etc aren't anything special, we've absolutely smashed much better teams than that this season.
For whatever reason we just didn't turn up, we made a scratch side look better than they really are, we hardly created a chance of any note (usually we have teams on the rack at Anfield) and Gerrard could play another 750+ club and international games and not do that again.
Titles aren't handed to teams on a platter, they are very hard to win, but if a team finds itself 5 points clear with 3 games to go and only needing a draw at home against a scratch Chelsea team beset by injuries and with one eye on Europe then in terms of title races opportunities don't come much bigger than that.
It is tough to take especially after we've played so well for so long but seasons are 38 games long not 35, when the dust has settled and emotions are less raw Liverpool fans in the future will look back at this season and conclude that we blew the title.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sun May 04, 2014 11:41 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 04, 2014 9:11 am wrote:
devaney » Sun May 04, 2014 6:36 am wrote:Sorry Yakka I think you know I was talking about Sterling's disallowed goal.

We blew it mate pure and simple, I'm not saying we haven't had a great season because we have and some of our football has been the best I've ever seen from a Liverpool side, but with the title on the line and the finishing tape within reach we shouldn't be getting beat at home by a scratch Chelsea side.
Players like John Obi Mikel, Demba Ba, Mark Schwarzer, Salah, a 35 year old Lampard, Kalas etc etc aren't anything special, we've absolutely smashed much better teams than that this season.
For whatever reason we just didn't turn up, we made a scratch side look better than they really are, we hardly created a chance of any note (usually we have teams on the rack at Anfield) and Gerrard could play another 750+ club and international games and not do that again.
Titles aren't handed to teams on a platter, they are very hard to win, but if a team finds itself 5 points clear with 3 games to go and only needing a draw at home against a scratch Chelsea team beset by injuries and with one eye on Europe then in terms of title races opportunities don't come much bigger than that.
It is tough to take especially after we've played so well for so long but seasons are 38 games long not 35, when the dust has settled and emotions are less raw Liverpool fans in the future will look back at this season and conclude that we blew the title.

YC:

1. Re. the Chelsea match - they are a good team, they executed their plan well and got lucky with a freak incident. They've come close to winning the league, got to the SF of the CL and have a top class manager, they are no-where near as bad as you make out. Their squad is much stronger than ours. Had Sakho or Coutinho scored in the first half the outcome may have been different. The luck did not go with us on the day. 100's of pages have been written about it already. We were not at full strength either. Luis has lost some form, Sturridge and Hendo were massive losses and disrupted the cohesive fluid play that's been our trademark.

2. We blew the title? 11 wins out 12 matches in the run-in. 33 out of 36 points and we blew the title? The results of the City, Norwich or West Ham matches could easily have been different. Several of our other matches as well. We've massively over-performed this season and come close, but likely just short. Oh, and it's not over yet.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Fivecups I'm not sure why you are mentioning our 11 wins on the spin, any team that has got itself into a position where they are big favourites to win the title is naturally going to have impressive form, I'm not saying we have had a bad season (far from it) I'm saying we blew the title which is a completely different thing.
It's hard to accept that we've blown it at the moment but believe me when the dust has all settled that's how it will be perceived.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 04, 2014 3:11 pm

laza » Sun May 04, 2014 1:54 am wrote:
damjan193 » Sun May 04, 2014 1:26 am wrote:Up to you, Andy Carroll.

Scores the winner from a cross by Downing

Before making the assist, Downing would receive a defense splitting through ball from Joe Cole :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion