Mourinho

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:57 am

There is a lot of speculation going around as to him moving back to the EPL next season and Man U, City and Chelsea being possible destinations. Whatever people feel about him there is no getting away from the fact that he is a successful manager, yes he gets a big budget but at least he know what to do with it.

Man U - Fergie has come out and says he would be a good replacement for him but I acnnot see him going for Man U unless they draw blanks in Fergies final seasons, why go there and constantly be compared to Fergie.

Chelsea - Can't see it, Abramovich probably won't take humble pie and rehire him, Peps his new chosen one (for the time being)

City - I think this is the strongest possibility, with Mancini falling at the first hurdle of the UCL yet again he may be on dodgy ground and these money bags owners are not known for their patience. He would also get his mega bucks transfer kitty not to mention wages.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:30 am

Successful short term manager. 

He's a quick fix when you have lots of money.  He'll spend big on players in the peak of their careers and f.uck off after 2 or 3 seasons, usually leaving the club in ruins.

For all the hype, he has only won the CL twice with his huge budgets.  Something Rafa almost achieved in 3 years with much less money.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:45 am

I'd love him back in the english league. Please Moaninho come back. I like the drama when its does not involve us.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:10 pm

couldn't care less about the bloke. the way some fans and media over here fawn over the guy is embarassing.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:21 pm

jacdaniel » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:30 am wrote:Successful short term manager. 

He's a quick fix when you have lots of money.  He'll spend big on players in the peak of their careers and f.uck off after 2 or 3 seasons, usually leaving the club in ruins.

For all the hype, he has only won the CL twice with his huge budgets.  Something Rafa almost achieved in 3 years with much less money.

What utter nonsense.

Mourinho won the CL titles with both Porto and Inter Milan who didn't spend all that much money, compared to other clubs in and around Europe. He might well end up winning one with Real Madrid and since their last win in 2002, how many managers and how much money have Real Madrid spent only to fail in Europe? Money doesn't guarantee success, it takes more than money to make a successful team. Also what clubs has he left in ruins? Inter Milan? Inter Milan suffered from the same problem that AC Milan suffered from and that's one too many old timers. Inter Milan's treble winning season is a testament to the sheer quality of Mourinho.

Jose Mourinho, like him or loathe him is the best manager in the game today imo. His record speaks for itself. He's a World Class manager of the highest calibre.
Boxscarf

Postby mkingdom » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:03 pm

I think he will go to Man U.

I don't see any other serious contender to follow SAF.  He has the ego to not give $hit about what went before, and would see it as a large challenge.  For me Man U are a side in the last throws of their dominance.  The team and squad is probably one of the worst of the last 25 years and their ability to keep winning (mostly from losing positions this season) feels like them running on the fumes of an empty tank.

When SAF goes, along with Giggs and Scholes, they are at a major crossroads, and to appease the fans Jose would be a good appointment.  How he'd do with massive expectations and little money (compared to Chelsea) I don't know, but I think he'd fancy it.
mkingdom

Return to Premiership - General Discussion