Mikel alonso (xabi's brother) - Goes to bolton on loan

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:49 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_transfers_2007-08

was just browsing the list pressed refresh and there he was. mayb if he impreses both him and guthrie can return to liverpool after their spell at bolton.
JoeTerp

Postby Sabre » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:10 pm

:D

We were making bets the other day in the RS forum. My bet was that he'd make it to convince the manager on the trial and then he'd dissapoint through the season.

Mikel Alonso is a lad that if you pop up in the training session one day and you don't know him well you can think he's good.

He's very mobile unlike his brother, he makes a lot of Km in a game, he's quite tireless.  He has a decent ball control, does a decent but not too creative passing, he seems to have a decent technique.

But in a pitch, he gets lost. His running is uneffective because he doesn't tackle well, he often pursues his man but since he doesn't tackle much and when he does he doesn't tackle well, it's actually quite comfortable to play the ball against Mikel Alonso.

Mikel Alonso is the kind of player that can make Steven Gerrard man of the match.

The bloody problem with Mikel Alonso is his football brains. If you see him in a training session, you think he has that something, plus he's strong physically!!, but then in the pitch, he just can't put the team over his shoulders, and definitely needs to be more aggressive in his tackling. Never put him as holding mid as his positioning is not the best and he's not strong in the air.

He's not known for his long shot, and he rarely enters the opposition box. He's not good enough for being an attacking mid because he's not a last passer, and he can't be a holding mid because he lacks aggressiveness and position. He's like Sissoko but without the tackling and a slightly better control and touch, if you see what I mean. And Sissoko without tackling... well, it begins to be not useful.

He might be good enough for Bolton, as I've seen a few crappy midfielders in the premiership, but I don't think he'll impress to be honest. Hopefully he'll learn a couple of things in England. If he does, he can be even a good footballer because he has the physical attributes, just need the brains and some confidence. Will be interesting to watch him.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:07 pm

Whoah! a traitor doesn't deserve a new thread, but I can assure you that Sven Goran Eriksson has been well fooled when he's been told that Garrido, that left back they've bought from my Spanish team is a very good one :D

Rafa, if you're reading this attack from the right, use a winger for that game, and you'll make Pennant man of the match.

Garrido is soft, not pacy, hasn't long shot, doesn't cross well and more importantly he has a loser mind that brings no good for any team he plays for. He's all hype. He's been spanish international sub21, for the simple reason that he was given an early chance in RS, there's a lack of young left backs, and most of the left backs in primera are foreigners, or veteran spanish players.

Attack from the right against Man City!!

I can't wait to see how Liverpool crushes both Mikel Alonso and Garrido's teams.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby t batty(_Y_) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:20 pm

how old is he cah my brother trying to say he 47  :laugh:
I'm Known To Walk Alone....

But I'm Alone For A Reason..........
t batty(_Y_)

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:06 pm

t batty(_Y_) wrote:how old is he cah my brother trying to say he 47  :laugh:

and you dragged this thread up because ?

a,You live in Walsall.
b, You're an idiot .
c, Both

???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby t batty(_Y_) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:15 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
t batty(_Y_) wrote:how old is he cah my brother trying to say he 47  :laugh:

and you dragged this thread up because ?

a,You live in Walsall.
b, You're an idiot .
c, Both

???

no i jus wanna know his age
I'm Known To Walk Alone....

But I'm Alone For A Reason..........
t batty(_Y_)

Postby Sabre » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:08 pm

He's one year older than Xabi
SOS member #1499