Man utd's old starting 11

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:18 pm

the one thing they do have which puts them at a big advantage is a youth system that consistently produces one, two or three good players every year which make it into the first team squad. i'm sure that this season young players like wellbeck, macheda, diouf (no, not that one), smalling and cleverly will feature and the da silvas will improve. they also have young telented signings like hernandez and obertan.

it will take some doing to replace a whole generation like the one that featured beckham, scholes, neville, giggs etc etc, but i think they have the set up to produce enough talent to keep the first team strong.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redx » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:21 pm

Owzat wrote:
Redx wrote:To balance the books they might sell Rooney as they did with Ronaldo to Real Madrid..

Not without a replacement. They sold Ronaldo when they had Rooney, I doubt they'll sell Rooney until they have a more than adequate replacement

Good point but I had read that Man u still owe 450 million and the debt growing.
Redx

Postby Redx » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Side tracked a tad so back to the thread..:D
They will I reckon have to spend a shed load of dosh soon, (new owners perhaps) to replace the older crew..
Redx

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:55 pm

Redx wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Redx wrote:To balance the books they might sell Rooney as they did with Ronaldo to Real Madrid..

Not without a replacement. They sold Ronaldo when they had Rooney, I doubt they'll sell Rooney until they have a more than adequate replacement

Good point but I had read that Man u still owe 450 million and the debt growing.

450? last I heard was nigh on a billion  ???
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Redx » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Redx wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Bloody hell.. that much..   :wwww
Redx

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Redx wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
Redx wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Bloody hell.. that much..   :wwww

between us and them over 1.5 billion is owed  :oh:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redx » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:56 pm

Not much when you say it quick.. :D
Redx

Postby Madmax » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:55 pm

Give fergie a squad of turds and he still will be up there abouts come may :D
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:14 pm

Redcafe reckons Vidic is off to Spain this summer, anyone heard anything?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby aCe' » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:59 pm

I wouldnt say they have an old squad or even an old starting11... They certainly have the best youngsters in the country come to think about it and sure Ferguson will give them chances and cement their places in the starting lineup when the time comes...
The likes of Rafael, Evans, and Gibson in particular are sure to become top players in the game and that would certainly save them tons of money that would have otherwise been invested for replacements ...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:52 pm

aCe' wrote:I wouldnt say they have an old squad or even an old starting11... They certainly have the best youngsters in the country come to think about it and sure Ferguson will give them chances and cement their places in the starting lineup when the time comes...
The likes of Rafael, Evans, and Gibson in particular are sure to become top players in the game and that would certainly save them tons of money that would have otherwise been invested for replacements ...

Whaaat?

Rafael and Evans do indeed look like they could turn out good.

But Gibson??? Have you actually seen him play or are you just assuming he's gonna be really good because of the long range goals he's scored? Honestly, he is pretty awful in open play. Even my manc mates agree with me on that.

Other than them two I dont think they have any amazing youngsters. Obertan is very unconvincing, much like Babel.

Macheda is rediculously overhyped by that one goal he scored two season's ago. Welbeck looks alright but nothing special..

Cant think of any other really promising young players they have..?

To be honest I would say we have more promising young players than them. Shelvey, Wilson, Kelly, Pacheco + maybe given more time Ayala and Sterling.
Fauxy

Postby aCe' » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:13 am

Fauxy wrote:
aCe' wrote:I wouldnt say they have an old squad or even an old starting11... They certainly have the best youngsters in the country come to think about it and sure Ferguson will give them chances and cement their places in the starting lineup when the time comes...

Whaaat?

Rafael and Evans do indeed look like they could turn out good.

But Gibson??? Have you actually seen him play or are you just assuming he's gonna be really good because of the long range goals he's scored? Honestly, he is pretty awful in open play. Even my manc mates agree with me on that.

Other than them two I dont think they have any amazing youngsters. Obertan is very unconvincing, much like Babel.

Macheda is rediculously overhyped by that one goal he scored two season's ago. Welbeck looks alright but nothing special..

Cant think of any other really promising young players they have..?

To be honest I would say we have more promising young players than them. Shelvey, Wilson, Kelly, Pacheco + maybe given more time Ayala and Sterling.

Its all about opinions I guess but i think Gibson is much better than Lucas and would do well at any side if given the chance... Its not just about the goals he scores (which is a big bonus for a midfielder), he's also a good passer (range, first touch and composure) and contributed his share at both ends of the pitch....

Anyways... With players like Rafael, Fabio, Evans, Smalling, Anderson, Gibson, Obertan, Diouf, Macheda, Hernandez, and Welback I think their youngsters are a different class to what we have at the club with the possible exceptions of Kelly and Pacheco... By all means Shelvey, Wilson and Ayala might become good players in a few years but im talking about their abilities at present and not the potential they have...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redx » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:48 pm

Greavesie wrote:Redcafe reckons Vidic is off to Spain this summer, anyone heard anything?

Saw on my pooter that Vidic is staying put..
Redx

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion